iMacros 10 Beta - Sign Up and Provide Feedback Here!

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
chivracq

Re: iMacros 10 Beta - Sign Up and Provide Feedback Here!

Post by chivracq » Tue May 29, 2018 8:19 pm

OK..., a few more..., after adapting again 2 relatively simple Macros of mine for them to ueberhaupt pass Parsing, grrr...!, that Backward Compatibility "Problematic" I already mentioned is very Blocking in my Opinion..., absolutely ALL my existing Macros use at least one Command that doesn't pass Parsing...

FCI:

Code: Select all

iMacros for FF v10.0.2a1396 (Beta), FF v60.0.1_x64 Portable (1 Default Profile), Win10_x64.
(+ Side Panel Undocked)

Well, one (of those 2 Scripts) keeps hanging everywhere, difficult to understand why and to reproduce, but especially after each '!TIMEOUT_PAGE' Error, sometimes it will go further, sometimes it won't, sometimes a manual Refresh of the Page helps, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes manually navigating to another Page helps, sometimes it doesn't... :?

- 'PROMPT':
Oh dear...!, poor 'PROMPT' Command. (Display 'PROMPT')
A 'PROMPT' is now displayed as another extra FF Instance/Window, independent (= Non-Modal) from the "original" FF Instance where the Script ran + from the Undocked Side-Panel which is also a FF Instance.
That FF Instance for the Prompt is resizable (but not maximizable), hum OK, good enough..., I can always manually resize that Window to the Max Size of my Screen..., or even to span on 2 or 3 Monitors together..., but the Content of the Prompt is displayed in the middle of it in some mini-tiny Display Field only displaying Max 4 Lines of Text requiring a lot of Vertical Scrolling inside that tiny Field to be able to read the Content of the Prompt.
Not good...!, this nearly completely voids the Purpose of using a Display 'PROMPT'.
(And I didn't try with an Input 'PROMPT'.)

- Editor:
The Editor doesn't remember anymore its last Position and its last Size, like it does in v8.8.2 or v8.9.7.
It now opens always at the same Position and always in some tiny-mini-Size that always first requires to resize it to be able to see some decent part of the Script.
'Maximize' Window Button is missing.
And Resizing is very slow, takes between 2-10 sec, 1-2 sec for 20 Lines, at least 10 sec for 800 Lines (after the first 10-15 sec to ueberhaupt open that 800 Line Script in the Editor), so I can start editing that Script only after at least 20 sec after I clicked on the 'Edit' Button.
And like I already mentioned, a 5000 Line Script needs about 2 min to open, Open + Resize just took about 3 min 30 sec, with about 6 or 8 times some Yellow Warning about "A Web-Page is slowing down your Browser, do you want to "Stop" / "Wait"...?" (I clicked on 'Wait' each time...)
The same (5000 Line) Script opened in the Editor in v8.8.2 or v8.9.7 takes about 2 sec. (And I don't need to resize as it remembers its last Position and Size.)
The 800 Line one takes less than 0.5 sec.

:arrow: One good Thing though about the New Editor in v10.b is that it now opens at the first Line in the Script and doesn't scroll anymore to the last one like in v8.x. That's much more practical...!! :D
There was an EnhReq about that (Item_19), Thanks...!! :D
Apart from the first time when we "work" on a Script, the only "valid" Reason for reopening a Script regularly to edit it is to modify some Hard-Coded Vars placed at the beginning of the Script for Quick/Easy Access without the Need for the 'Ctrl^f' Search Function if we know ueberhaupt what Keyword to use to locate some Line(s) in the middle of a Script.

- Windows Titles:
All those iMacros "Windows" (the Undocked Side Panel) + the Editor + the 'PROMPT' are all handled as separate FF60 Browser Windows/Instances, which means I already have 4x FF60 Instances with only 1x FF-Profile and only 1x FF-Instance in that Profile. That's already a lot...!, but more annoying/messy is that they all have the same Window Title:

moz-extension://ac63d4b0-ab97-4256-b647-7b177c688a40 - iMacros - Mozilla Firefox
And the Editor mentions as well the Name of the Macro, lost a bit somewhere in the middle, just before the "iMacros" part (oh..., which becomes "iMacros Editor").

But from the Windows (Win10) Taskbar, all I can see from hovering on the FF Icon is some "moz-extension://a..." or "moz-extension://ac63d..." for all 3 of them, and I usually need to (wrongly) guess once or twice until I've managed to locate the iMacros Instance I'm looking for..., and it gets quickly messier if I have several Scripts opened in the Editor, ah-ah...!
The Editor for v8.8.2 or v8.9.7 simply uses "[Macro_Name].iim - iMacros Editor" for its Window Title. Perfect and Correct...! :D
Last edited by chivracq on Tue May 29, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Marcia, Tech Support

Post by Marcia, Tech Support » Tue May 29, 2018 8:46 pm

Apophis wrote:every window opened by iMacros is completely blank until it is manually resized.
Ubuntu 16.04
Firefox 61.0a1
Thanks for reporting.
axrinas

Post by axrinas » Tue May 29, 2018 8:48 pm

It will not work with imacros file access. HOw can get to work and test it with more than 50 signs?
Marcia, Tech Support

Post by Marcia, Tech Support » Tue May 29, 2018 9:36 pm

chivracq wrote:some "Idea" that would help a lot for Beta-Testing, (...) at least if we use '!ERRORIGNORE' (or make it an Option in the iMacros Settings, stg like "Ignore deprecated and not supported (anymore/yet) Commands?" with an easy CB), instead of stopping directly at the Parsing Process...?
That is a good idea. We are going to evaluate how feasible this is in the short term. Thanks!
chivracq wrote: 'URL GOTO=javascript' as well
Please, hold tight. Our next update should contain some improvement for the URL GOTO=javascript: problem.
chivracq wrote:one (of those 2 Scripts) keeps hanging everywhere, difficult to understand why and to reproduce, but especially after each '!TIMEOUT_PAGE' Error, sometimes it will go further, sometimes it won't, sometimes a manual Refresh of the Page helps, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes manually navigating to another Page helps, sometimes it doesn't... :?
Could it be the navigation error we mentioned in one of the "known issues"? If it is that, we are working on it and, according to our experience, it never occurs during the first run of the macro and clearing the cache should help.
chivracq wrote: A 'PROMPT' is now displayed as another extra FF Instance/Window, independent (= Non-Modal) from the "original" FF Instance where the Script ran
The prompt command used to be implemented with javascript prompt() and alert(). Firefox however does not support these from background pages (iMacros player is such a background page), so we had to work around it. Regarding the size of the element holding the content, I created a bug report. Thanks.
chivracq wrote: All those iMacros "Windows" (...) all have the same Windows Title
Again, that is not something we can change, as far as I know. Firefox gives all iMacros pages a URL like the one you pasted here. And all Firefox windows have the URL as title. Our only way out here is to complain to Mozilla and hope that they implement some way we can give more sensible titles to "our" windows.

Hopefully I covered all your comments so far. Thanks for the valuable feedback. We are taking note.
Marcia, Tech Support

Post by Marcia, Tech Support » Tue May 29, 2018 9:43 pm

axrinas wrote:It will not work with imacros file access. HOw can get to work and test it with more than 50 signs?
We have published a beta version for the file access as well. Please, see the post Tom wrote a few days ago for instructions.
evanx

Post by evanx » Wed May 30, 2018 6:11 am

how to use JavaScript(.js) and start with .iim

Hello,

I used to using .iim via javascript,
but this beta version (imacros_for_firefox_b-10.0.2a1396-an+fx) seems not support. :|

and i need to start with some script use command as follows :

start "" D:\firefoxinstallpath\Firefox.exe "imacros://run/?m=/Common/IssueTracker.iim"

but not work. :|
eliot_uk

Post by eliot_uk » Wed May 30, 2018 10:37 am

Observation on iMacros 10.0.2a1396 on Firefox 60.0.1 (64-bit), Windows 7

Now when writing to a CSV file the contents is no longer contained in inverted commas.
Marcia, Tech Support

Post by Marcia, Tech Support » Thu May 31, 2018 5:14 pm

evanx wrote:how to use JavaScript(.js) and start with .iim

Hello,

I used to using .iim via javascript,
but this beta version (imacros_for_firefox_b-10.0.2a1396-an+fx) seems not support. :|
Unfortunately, the new Firefox webextension API does not Allow this anymore.
evanx wrote: and i need to start with some script use command as follows :

start "" D:\firefoxinstallpath\Firefox.exe "imacros://run/?m=/Common/IssueTracker.iim"

but not work. :|
If the above works in Chrome then we expect it to work in Firefox too. However, Firefox might be blocking the imacros:// URL. We will investigate it. Thanks for reporting.

Edit: Sorry, I think the URL in Chrome (and consenquently in the new iMacros for Firefox) is different. Please, check if you can get the desired result by following the steps described in iMacros for Chrome wiki page.
Marcia, Tech Support

Post by Marcia, Tech Support » Thu May 31, 2018 5:25 pm

eliot_uk wrote:Observation on iMacros 10.0.2a1396 on Firefox 60.0.1 (64-bit), Windows 7

Now when writing to a CSV file the contents is no longer contained in inverted commas.
Indeed, we re-worked the CSV output so that now it should only add quotes when needed: if there are commas, new lines, or quotes in the field. See iMacros wiki page about CSV and this wikipedia article with the basic rules.

Please, let us know if you find that iMacros output does not comply with the rules.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:50 am

Marcia, Tech Support wrote:
eliot_uk wrote:Observation on iMacros 10.0.2a1396 on Firefox 60.0.1 (64-bit), Windows 7

Indeed, we re-worked the CSV output so that now it should only add quotes when needed: if there are commas, new lines, or quotes in the field. See iMacros wiki page about CSV and this wikipedia article with the basic rules.

Please, let us know if you find that iMacros output does not comply with the rules.
Ksss, oh jee, I don't like this "when needed"... :roll: , there are so many Threads on the Forum about giving "US" Control about Double Quotes or not :roll: , let us decide...!!! :idea: , just like we can decide about '!DATASOURCE_DELIMITER' (for FF)... (This one is (and works) perfect, even if the Name is not, ah-ah..., but OK, I've mentioned it so many times, I won't "insist" anymore... :wink: )

=> Would be nice if we get some '!DATASOURCE_SEPARATOR' Var as well..., but tja, '!DATASOURCE_DELIMITER' should be about the Double Quotes and '!DATASOURCE_SEPARATOR' about the 'Comma' or '#' or whatever Char(s) we want...

:arrow: "Fighting" for "Backward Compatibility"..., sounds a bit uncompatible..., but hum, 10 secs "Thinking" and is toch very easy to implement with the 2 Names... I don't need to explain how I guess, your Programmer is toch (I hope) 20 times at least more clever than me, ah-ah...! :wink:

:arrow: + @Iptwitch, I've already mentioned it, but you should already be thinking about "Forward Compatibility'"or you'll be too late before you even realized it... Just saying... :wink:

(I honestly hope I won't need to quote myself in 6 months (Yep, than close...!) to prove I was right... I already "predicted" a very Strong "Uprise" for Web-Automation and AI, 10 years ago..., a bit surprised all this time it took so long to prove I was right... 10 years later, I honestly thought it would only take 2, maybe Max 3 years then... :oops: )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
Marcia, Tech Support

Post by Marcia, Tech Support » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:03 pm

chivracq wrote: Ksss, oh jee, I don't like this "when needed"... :roll: , there are so many Threads on the Forum about giving "US" Control about Double Quotes or not :roll: , let us decide...!!!
It is not so much when I find it needed, but when the specification of the file format requires it, so that other applications (e.g. Excel) will process it properly. What we want is that numbers like currency amounts, be interpreted as currency amounts, or dates be interpreted as dates formatted according to the user's current settings. Otherwise they are all going to be strings.
reguspatoff

Post by reguspatoff » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:46 pm

I am using OpenSuSE leap 42.3 with Firefox Quantum 60.0.1 (64-bit) , I installed the beta , following the instructions, everything seemed to go well; however, I have the following problem:
I can use Imacro to record a macro without a problem; however, when I try to run the recorded macro the only thing that happens is that a window opens showing the macro instructions, the first line is highlighted, but nothing further happens. Is there something else I need to do?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:22 pm

Marcia, Tech Support wrote:
chivracq wrote: Ksss, oh jee, I don't like this "when needed"... :roll: , there are so many Threads on the Forum about giving "US" Control about Double Quotes or not :roll: , let us decide...!!!
It is not so much when I find it needed, but when the specification of the file format requires it, so that other applications (e.g. Excel) will process it properly. What we want is that numbers like currency amounts, be interpreted as currency amounts, or dates be interpreted as dates formatted according to the user's current settings. Otherwise they are all going to be strings.
Yeah-yeah, I completely understand the "Purpose", and it is indeed a very good thing "sometimes" not to have the Double Quotes, but sometimes it is not and we would still like to "force" the Double Quotes, Excel "Interpretation" of '.CSV' Files is already a bit "messy" and not always "an exact Science" as it often tries to be a little bit too "clever" (how many times I have to manually set a Cell or Col to a String in Excel that it automatically detects (and formats) as a Date or Number or Currency while I don't want that...! :roll: ), so it would be wonderful if we have Full Control from iMacros on the Double Quotes (+ any other Delimiter of our Choice), with maybe 3 Modes (Auto + Yes + No), well or only 2 Modes (Auto + Force) if we can specify an empty String or Char, and that we could ideally toggle on the fly before each new 'EXTRACT' in the Macro..., or at least before each new 'SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT'. :idea:

The more Control we have, the better...! Things that are only Automatic always bring Problems, ah-ah...! :idea:
It's perfect to have an Automatic Default Mode that will be perfect for most Users/Cases, but there will always be Users/Cases for which that Auto-Default Mode will make "Things" complicated...

(And I personally quite like actually the "Possibility" of not having the Double Quotes, that will make "Things" a bit easier for Auto-Morphing Macros for example, ah-ah...!, and that would increase "Standardization" with the other Browsers, hum, even if 'URL GOTO=file' if not supported anymore if I understood correctly (I haven't tried yet...), grrr..., not good, ah-ah...!, I'll have to find a Workaround then... :twisted: )

>>>

+ @Marcia, any chance you (or @Tom) could have a look at the 3 Reports + the (Fake...!) "So i need help" Thread I left in the 'mcp' for some "ugly" Spam and fake Users/Spammers to be deleted...? (Explanation about the Thread in one of the Reports...) :wink:
EDIT: Handled... :D
Last edited by chivracq on Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:14 pm

Some (new) User posted some Feedback in some separate Thread...:
- Launch imacros script at startup
yozart wrote:Hello,

I've installed the new version of Imacros and I'm facing a small problem. Up to now, I was able to launch a macro using a batch command:

start firefox.exe imacros://run/?m=TestMacro.iim
With the new Imacros for firefox, the File feature became a "Pro" feature. Thus I'm not able to launch my script automatically anymore. How can I proceed ? is there another way of doing it ? (for example, create a page and execute imacros using JS ?)

For info:

- IMACRO 10.0.2a1396
- Firefox 60.0.1 (64 bits)
- Windows 7 SP1 (64 bits)
axrinas

Post by axrinas » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:03 pm

The iMacrosFileAccess_Beta_10.0.2 didn't work with Firefox 60.0.1.
I don't know what i can do, i have also a buyed license :( Can anybody help?