iMacros 10 Beta - Sign Up and Provide Feedback Here!

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
algerjoe

iMacros Window Position

Post by algerjoe » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:49 pm

I like to have my iMacros window docked so that I can see where it is in execution. When it's docked in Chrome, the window locks to the left side and is mostly out of the way. When it docks in Firefox, it's plastered right in the middle of the screen, blocking the actual results it produces. How about making it open in the last location the user set it? That would be great.
Marcia, Tech Support

Re: iMacros 10 Beta - Sign Up and Provide Feedback Here!

Post by Marcia, Tech Support » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:53 am

algerjoe wrote:I like to have my iMacros window docked so that I can see where it is in execution. When it's docked in Chrome, the window locks to the left side and is mostly out of the way. When it docks in Firefox, it's plastered right in the middle of the screen, blocking the actual results it produces.
Strange... It should dock on the left, just like iMacros for Chrome, if you enabled docking in the settings. However, we have noticed that sometimes it won't dock despite of the settings. From my experience, that happens when I open iMacros before the page has finished loading. I then close iMacros, so it docks properly when I open it again.
algerjoe wrote:How about making it open in the last location the user set it? That would be great.
I am glad you thought of it as well. We have already implemented it and it is being tested now. It should be in the beta channel in a couple of days, together with some other fixes.
tagryn

Post by tagryn » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:16 pm

Firefox 60.0.2
iMacros for Firefox 10.0.2a1400
Windows 10 Home 1803 build 17134.48

I am a pretty basic user of IMacros for Firefox, I mainly use the software to visit a sequence of websites regularly.
Here's my testing report for the beta:

URL GOTO= command : mostly no issues, but did encounter a number of "Error code 2152398878" errors at first; turning all other add-ons off did not fix the problem. However, I tracked it back to my using a HOSTS file to block certain adware sites - if the site being visited called an ad from doubleclick.net, for example, and that was in my HOSTS file as a blocked site, the macro would stop and return a "Error code 2152398878" message. When the HOSTS file was disabled, the macro worked without errors.

WAIT SECONDS= command : no issues. I add these for sites, such as Facebook, where the macro visits the site and then wants to jump over a number of subsequent URL GOTOs. Adding a WAIT SECONDS= command causes the macro to pause, which is enough to make it move to the next command in the file, rather than skipping over.

editing macros : no issues so far. The saving of modified macros seems improved.

looping macros: works well, no issues so far.

recording macros: works well, no issues so far.

navigating the imacros popup: works well, no issues so far.

Overall, very happy to see the Firefox extension revision finally arrive, the beta seems to be working well for what I use it for.
Marcia, Tech Support

Post by Marcia, Tech Support » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:30 pm

eliot_uk wrote: I have the following Prompts in my script:

Code: Select all

PROMPT "Please enter FirstName:" !VAR1
PROMPT "Please enter LastName:" !VAR2
In previous versions the first prompt needed to be cleared before moving on to the second prompt - I am now getting both Prompts appearing on screen (after a slight delay) at the same time. Once one is complete the script will continue with one of the values being undefined.
We are trying to reproduce this, but we haven't had any success so far. Once we can reproduce, we will try to improve it. Do you see it all the time, or only in a few situations?
eliot_uk wrote: Also an observation on the iMacros settings: Dock iMacros Panel to browser window (Important note) the important note just directs to imacros.net
Sorry, we haven't written that page yet. In fact, we will have to re-write the whole documentation on iMacros for Firefox in the wiki, since this version is completely different. A completely different code indeed.
Marcia, Tech Support

Post by Marcia, Tech Support » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:47 pm

tagryn wrote: Overall, very happy to see the Firefox extension revision finally arrive, the beta seems to be working well for what I use it for.
Thanks for the positive feedback! After a week fighting against bugs, it is satisfying to approach the weekend with a supportive comment like yours.

As I mentioned in one of my replies, the error ‭you saw (‭2152398878‬) is a navigation error thrown by Firefox itself, namely NS_ERROR_UNKNOWN_HOST (0x804B001E). It is helpful that you could figure out what was causing this navigation error in your setup. I have a question, though: do you get any kind of error when you manually navigate to those URLs (the ones in the URL GOTO commands)? Is this navigation error coming from some frames and iMacros is stopping at those although the main frame is loading properly?
eliot_uk

Post by eliot_uk » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:12 pm

Marcia,

I get it consistently on my Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64-bit with Firefox Quantum 60.0.1 (64-bit). The first prompt appears, if I then leave it a few seconds with no interaction the second prompt appears.
I've just tried it on a Windows 10 (64-bit latest updates) with Firefox Quantum 60.0.2 (32-bit) and it works fine with no issues. I'll try again on Monday and see if the update to Firefox Quantum 60.0.2 on the Windows 7 box helps (just tried with 60.0.2 and no change).

Of my scripts from previous versions of the plugin, that I've run so far, things are looking pretty seamless. Well done!

Many thanks,

Eliot
Marcia, Tech Support wrote:
eliot_uk wrote: I have the following Prompts in my script:

Code: Select all

PROMPT "Please enter FirstName:" !VAR1
PROMPT "Please enter LastName:" !VAR2
In previous versions the first prompt needed to be cleared before moving on to the second prompt - I am now getting both Prompts appearing on screen (after a slight delay) at the same time. Once one is complete the script will continue with one of the values being undefined.
We are trying to reproduce this, but we haven't had any success so far. Once we can reproduce, we will try to improve it. Do you see it all the time, or only in a few situations?
eliot_uk wrote: Also an observation on the iMacros settings: Dock iMacros Panel to browser window (Important note) the important note just directs to imacros.net
Sorry, we haven't written that page yet. In fact, we will have to re-write the whole documentation on iMacros for Firefox in the wiki, since this version is completely different. A completely different code indeed.
Last edited by eliot_uk on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
axrinas

Post by axrinas » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:23 pm

Marcia,

after each close and restart windows 10, after booting up, the imacros file access don't work. i must reinstall the addon, then works to the next restart. firefox is 60.0.2 and windows 10 64bit
tagryn

Post by tagryn » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:39 pm

Marcia, Tech Support wrote:
tagryn wrote: As I mentioned in one of my replies, the error ‭you saw (‭2152398878‬) is a navigation error thrown by Firefox itself, namely NS_ERROR_UNKNOWN_HOST (0x804B001E). It is helpful that you could figure out what was causing this navigation error in your setup. I have a question, though: do you get any kind of error when you manually navigate to those URLs (the ones in the URL GOTO commands)? Is this navigation error coming from some frames and iMacros is stopping at those although the main frame is loading properly?
Hi Marcia - No, seems to work fine if visited manually. After further testing, what I think is happening with that and with another error (Error code 2147500036) is that it is being caused by certain adware blocking addons I use, specifically Ghostery and ABP. When I navigate to a page that tries to pull an ad from a site that is blocked by one of those addons, for example doubleclick.net, the macro hiccups and returns an error code, which also stops the macro processing. I think the reason it is OK going to it manually is that the browser just blocks that part where the ad/adware would have gone, but processes/loads up the rest of the page correctly, whereas if the macro sees that part of the page is blocked , it takes that as meaning that the page itself didn't load correctly (which, strictly speaking, is correct).

The way around this seems to be for the user to either not use the additional addon when using IMacros, to tell the blocking addon to exempt the site from analysis, or to remove the site from the macro. Telling the blocking addon to trust only certain ad sites seems to work sometimes, not others...perhaps some sites rotate drawing from between different ad sites? I don't see this as a problem with IMacros; the user has made the choice to use the additional addons, so its up to them to chose which solution to use.
Marcia, Tech Support

Post by Marcia, Tech Support » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:50 am

axrinas wrote:Marcia,

after each close and restart windows 10, after booting up, the imacros file access don't work. i must reinstall the addon, then works to the next restart. firefox is 60.0.2 and windows 10 64bit
Sorry, we are still unable to reproduce the problem... I am going to try to contact you via email to schedule an online session, so I can see the problem.
axrinas

Post by axrinas » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:44 pm

@Marcia
I got the eMail and answerd ;)
Cybes

Post by Cybes » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:46 pm

Will there be a Mac OS version of the Personal Edition / Version with file access enabled for beta testing, or is this now restricted to Windows only?

The Firefox (and previously Chrome) plugins in their free state used to work just fine under OS X, so even though it meant that the functionality available in the commercial versions was not available to free users, at least the old (and comparably far more extensive) feature set could still be used by those using a Mac.
Marcia, Tech Support

Post by Marcia, Tech Support » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:51 pm

Hi,

We just updated the beta version of the extension with fixes for the issues reported in this thread:
  • Replaying the same TAG command in a loop might cause a navigation error
  • The position of the undocked iMacros panel does not get restored
  • Macros with capitalized extension name .IIM do not get displayed in iMacros tree
  • Prompt dialog content element does not grow
  • !CLIPBOARD does not return manually copied content to the system clipboard
among other bugs caught by iMacros quality engineers.

This version number is 10.0.2a1421. There is also a new version of iMacros File Access for Web Extensions which can be downloaded using the same link as before.

We would like to thank you all for your suggestions and bug reports.

In order to force Firefox to update iMacros, goto the about:addons page or click on iMacros settings, there will be a link to check for updates. You will have the option to install it or not, even if you have opted out of automatic updates.

Edited to add !CLIPBOARD issue to list of fixes and how to force the extension update.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:08 am

Marcia, Tech Support wrote:Hi,

We just updated the beta version of the extension with fixes for the issues reported in this thread:
  • Replaying the same TAG command in a loop might cause a navigation error
  • The position of the undocked iMacros panel does not get restored
  • Macros with capitalized extension name .IIM do not get displayed in iMacros tree
  • Prompt dialog content element does not grow
among other bugs caught by iMacros quality engineers.

This version number is 10.0.2a1421. There is also a new version of iMacros File Access for Web Extensions which can be downloaded using the same link as before.

We would like to thank you all for your suggestions and bug reports.
Oh yeah..., any chance (@Marcia) you could send me the Link directly...?, I monitor/check too many Forums (about "iMacros") => with Notifications per Mail, I still managed to find the Link a few days ago after some Update (and I already spent 30 min then locating that original Mail), but now not anymore after more than 1 hour...

And hum, I've already spent/lost more than 1 hour studying the Differences between the 2 FIO's with exactly the same Version v10.0.2, if they are different (and they are!), I don't understand why they got released with the same Version Nb...!? + (+ No mention of the "Improvements"...?)

(Oh, and yep of course, iMacros Updates disabled, B-A=BA from Testing...! :roll:
I'm still at FF v60.0.1 btw..., => @TechSup, could you mention if your "latest" Version (=> "v10.0.4b", see below...!), is meant for FF v60.0.1 or v60.0.2...? :?: )

But hum, very good...!, I see 3 "Things" mentioned from the maybe 50 "Things" I've already reported (+ 10 or 20 by other Users), OK, none made it to this Release..., :cry: Backward Compatibility not mentioned, is the most Blocking "Thing" for me, I guess No Improvement, big-big-Pity...!, I don't understand why you don't "get this one", @TechSup/@Dev..., "we" (= Normal/Long-Time/Advanced Users WANT to see all Commands not supported anymore in v10.x to be treated like 'EVENT' Commands...!), then I will just run again my "asseptized" Macro, will stop again at the first and every Frame I fear, a few manual Refresh will then help until every Line in the Script needs its own Refresh to "advance" by just one Line until I lose "Patience" and simply stop the Macro...

Hum, and "10.0.2a1421" is a bit of a "stupid" Name for me, (yeah, sorry...! :roll: ), you know we are testing your different (Beta) Versions, give us some "easy' Names, I'm a FCI/Version Freak myself, but I already got lost a few times in this Thread... :roll:
=> Those are the Versions I will use...:
- v10.0.2b = 10.0.2a1396 (+ FIO v10.0.2 v1 (1.940.608 Bytes))
- v10.0.3b = 10.0.2a1400 (+ FIO v10.0.2 v1)
- v10.0.4b = 10.0.2a1421 (+ FIO v10.0.2 v2 (1.906.984 Bytes))

EDIT:
Oh...!, managed to locate the original Mail (from 2018-05-25, sorry still getting about 30-50 Mails per day, trying to decrease that Number, ah-ah...!) with the direct Link with for v10.0.2b and I adapted the Build Nb from "1396" to "1421", and yep, yep-yep..., not completely straightforward, but I finally managed to download "stg", haven't tried to install it yet, as I cannot run FF55 and FF60 at the same time, but it completely looks like a nice Add-on to me, once decompiled, so I guess that's the "Guy", ah-ah...!

But @Marcia..., what's the point of asking Users to register...?, you could/should send us (again) some Mail each time a new Version of the Beta Add-on gets released (with the direct Download Link to the last Version)... :idea:
That's the only time we'll be happy to receive a Mail which is not Marketing Bullshit, ah-ah...! :wink:

EDIT:
Oh...!, there is no "b" in the Version(s) for the FIO '.exe'... Corrected... (Keep getting "lost" with those Versions, ah-ah...!)
Last edited by chivracq on Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Marcia, Tech Support

Post by Marcia, Tech Support » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:33 am

chivracq wrote: Oh yeah..., any chance (@Marcia) you could send me the Link directly...?, I monitor/check too many Forums (about "iMacros") => with Notifications per Mail, I still managed to find the Link a few days ago after some Update (and I already spent 30 min then locating that original Mail), but now not anymore after more than 1 hour...
Sorry, I thought I had written in my post how to update: goto the about:addons page or click on iMacros settings, there will be a link to check for updates. You will have the option to install it or not, if you have opted out of automatic updates.
chivracq wrote: And hum, I've already spent/lost more than 1 hour studying the Differences between the 2 FIO's with exactly the same Version v10.0.2, if they are different (and they are!), I don't understand why they got released with the same Version Nb...!? + (+ No mention of the "Improvements"...?)
Just the file name is the same (so the link would still work), the version is different. In particular, the build number is different: 10.0.2.1396 vs. 10.0.2.1421. The improvements and fixes are related to the communication with the scripting interface (iMacros Enterprise Edition).
chivracq wrote: I'm still at FF v60.0.1 btw..., => @TechSup, could you mention if your "latest" Version (=> "v10.0.4b", see below...!), is meant for FF v60.0.1 or v60.0.2...? :?: )
Firefox 60.0.2 is mainly a security update of 60.0.1. There were no changes on the webextension API used by iMacros.
chivracq wrote: But hum, very good...!, I see 3 "Things" mentioned from the maybe 50 "Things" I've already reported (+ 10 or 20 by other Users), OK, none made it to this Release...
Also fixed in this update:
  • !CLIPBOARD does not return manually copied content to the system clipboard
Sorry, I missed to list this one. Other findings of yours could not be reproduced without more details. That is the case of !TIMEOUT_PAGE, !TIMEOUT_STEP and FRAME, which all work in our tests. We would appreciate if you could provide us a short macro which demonstrates the issue. And finally, we are still working either to reproduce or to fix some of the reported bugs.

Regarding the nice feedback on the current UI, we have taken note of them, but we would like to keep both extensions (Firefox and Chrome) aligned and so, will make a larger UI update to both simultaneously later this year.

I also would like to point out that the number of issues is far below the 50 +20 you mentioned.
axrinas

Post by axrinas » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:42 am

Hi Marcia,

with the latest update iMacros FileaAcess 10.0.2.1421 and Firefox iMacros 10.0.2.a1421
I lost after each closing firefox, the access to imacros. Firefox is 60.0.2