iMacros 10 Beta - Sign Up and Provide Feedback Here!

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
chivracq

Re: iMacros 10 Beta - Sign Up and Provide Feedback Here!

Post by chivracq » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:39 pm

Marcia, Tech Support wrote:Hi,

We just updated the beta version of the extension with fixes for the issues reported in this thread:
  • Replaying the same TAG command in a loop might cause a navigation error
  • The position of the undocked iMacros panel does not get restored
  • Macros with capitalized extension name .IIM do not get displayed in iMacros tree
  • Prompt dialog content element does not grow
  • !CLIPBOARD does not return manually copied content to the system clipboard
among other bugs caught by iMacros quality engineers.

This version number is 10.0.2a1421. There is also a new version of iMacros File Access for Web Extensions which can be downloaded using the same link as before.

We would like to thank you all for your suggestions and bug reports.

In order to force Firefox to update iMacros, goto the about:addons page or click on iMacros settings, there will be a link to check for updates. You will have the option to install it or not, even if you have opted out of automatic updates.

Edited to add !CLIPBOARD issue to list of fixes and how to force the extension update.
Oh...!, I had misunderstood the Present + Negation Form in the Wording, there are actually a few Fixes indeed... Well, "Changes" I will say...

FCI:
I started from what I call "v10.0.3b" (=> iMacros for FF v10.0.2a.1400 + FIO v10.0.2.1397) + FF v60.0.1_x64 + Win10_x64 and I ended up with "v10.0.4b" (=> iMacros for FF v10.0.2a.1421 + FIO v10.0.2.1421) + FF v60.0.2_x64 + Win10_x64.
I first updated iMacros from v10.0.2a.1400 to v10.0.2a.1421, then FIO to Build 1421 and only then FF from v60.0.1 to v60.0.1..., and between each Step, I had "a look around" and ran my 5000 Line Script..., no big Differences between the Steps, the Results are for the "Final" FCI.

=> '.IIM' Macros do get visible in the Macro Tree, very good...! :D
The "Purpose" in v8.8.x and v8.9.x was to get rid of the iMacros Icon at the beginning of each Macro Name to be able to display about 3 more Chars in the Side Panel, the Icon has now been replaced by some "</>" in v10, and '.IIM' Macros still have that "</>" as well, but the Side Panel (Undocked) can use a Full Screen, so the Macro Names are already much better displayed and we don't have to "fight" anymore for displaying an extra 3 Chars...
The "Visual Aspect" of organizing Macros in '.iim' and '.IIM' Blocks is a bit lost, but OK, never mind, good enough...! :D

=> (Last) Size and Position of the (Undocked) Side Panel:
- Last Size works OK. :D
- Last Position only works on the Primary Display. :shock:

Users with only 1 Screen will probably use the Side Panel Docked (or they will constantly have to switch between 2 Windows), while Users (like me) with Multiple Display, will prefer the Side Panel Undocked, with one Screen for the FF Instance and the Side Panel (or the Editor) in a second Screen, but for Last Pos, the Side Panel always returns to the last Pos in Screen_1 before leaving Screen_1 while dragging the SP Window away from Screen_1 to Screen_2 or Screen_3.
All Apps/Progs I use are able to remember their Last Pos on any of my 3 Displays, so I guess it must be possible for iMacros as well...

And I'm still in the "simplistic" Case with only one FF Profile and one Script running at the time, and maybe only one Script opened in the Editor...
That's still "far" from my "real" Environment, with 3 PM (Pale Moon) Profiles and 3-4-5 PM Instances running 1-2-3-4 Macros at the same time (many starting regularly automatically from the Task Scheduler) + 1-2 FF Instances (same Profile) running 1-2 Macros, and often between 2-10 Scripts opened in the Editor...! I don't see me doing that with FF60 and v10 and all those related Windows all called "moz-ext...", ah-ah...! It's already difficult to find out which Window for the SP corresponds to which FF Window where the Macro is running or is going to run, this is going to be "fun-sport" in a bit more real Situation...

Some "Good News" maybe..., I managed to get my Script running until the end, it didn't hang anymore at each Frame like "before"..., it still hangs a bit at different places, I can't let it run unattended, I still have to "help" it a few times to bypass some Hangings, after a '!TIMEOUT_PAGE' reached for example several times, and I found another 2 ways to "deliberately" hang the Script...

+ Many other "Findings", have to go now, I'll try to post the complete List and Feedback during the WE...
'!TIMEOUT_STEP = 0' not working at all is a complete "pain in the ass", ah-ah...!, Script needs 2 hours to run instead of 20 min normally...
Not difficult to test/reproduce, any 'TAG' Statement on a non-existing Element x50 will do the job...!
+ Workaround '!TIMEOUT_PAGE = 1' is broken as well, it now "handles" about 2 'TAG' Statements per Second, against about 100 per Second normally. :evil:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:43 am

OK. mini-CoM (=Change of Mind), in some "Attempt" to influence Dev, ah-ah...!, I will post my List of 50 (hum, I already did I think...), but now 70 or maybe 80 "Findings" only once the few really-very-really really-very-really Blocking "Things" will have been "solved"/addressed:

(I've until now only been able to run one "basic" Script of mine that I had to specifically "mutilate" quite a bit to ueberhaupt be able to run in v10 because of the not supported Commands (only does some "basic" Click-Click-Click (98% 'TAG' + 2% 'EVENT') on some stupid Tamagochi Game Site + some 'EVAL()' Calculations), but that Script now needs about 2h to run (instead of 20min normally), '!SINGLESTEP' is not supported anymore, so it's too much hassle to have a closer look and to try to debug it in v10..., and it still hangs regularly so I can hardly do anything else at the same time... (even if I luckily have a 3 Screen Multi-Display, then I can still "monitor" it a little bit..., but I have a few of my own "real" Scripts that need to run as well at the same time (most of them in PM with v8.8.2), even if those ones don't need my "Attention" and can handle themselves..., but a few need to run in FF (=> FF55 and v8.9.7) but FF60 and FF55 cannot run (easily) at the same time...). And that "basic" Script only uses about maybe 10% of the iMacros Functionality/Commands that I use in all my Scripts...)

- Blocking Nr one is Backward Compatibility...! I will never adopt v10 as long as all my previous Scripts require hours/days of "Adapting" to pass Validation/Parsing... All unsupported Commands in v10 (that are/were working in v8.9.7) should be treated like the 'EVENT' Command. I'm very surprised to be honest I'm the only one hammering on that Point... :o
=> Sounds like all "Beta-Testers" who posted in the Thread are all New Users only hoping for the Discount :shock: , and all older/advanced Users already moved to some other Tool (or maybe to iMB, which could explain why v10 for FF took so long, ah-ah...!) a few months ago..., hum, or they use '.js' Scripts..., which is not supported anymore anyway...
I didn't see any Info btw if '.js' Scripts will be supported again...? I don't care for myself as I've always been doing all my Coding in pure '.iim', but I guess many Users would be interested to know... :?:

- '!TIMEOUT_STEP = 0' (and the Alternative/Workaround '!TIMEOUT_PAGE = 1') do not work at all, completely broken...

>>>

A few "Findings" "for Free" because "New" and a bit "Nasty":
- Pause + Resume (yeah, I know, good luck finding the 'Resume' Button, was one of my 50 "Findings", ah-ah...!) + Pause again while a Page is still loading (with some 'googleapi' or 'doubleclick' and the same kind of shit for example that will never finish loading) will hang the Script. No way to get it to keep going again... The 'Resume' Button never comes back... Can only kill the Script...

- Starting a Macro from a 'New Tab' (=> 'about:blank') or any 'about:xxx' or any "Unrecognized" URL (or if any Page in the Script leads to such a Page) with some 'EVAL()' in the Script afterward on such a Page will trigger some "MacroError" (even with '!ERRORIGNORE') that will hang the Script. (=> Nice Error about "Host Permission"... :wink: )

- SP Undocked, Script running, close SP, Script keeps running (normal), click iMacros Add-on Icon (should reopen the SP) will kill the Script that is running... Oops...! :shock:

>>>

Hum, positive "Note" that I didn't mention before:
- iMacros Version is now mentioned in the iMacros Options...! Very-very Good, ah-ah...! :D
(Pity FIO Version is still not mentioned as well together, was as well one of my "50 Findings"... :idea: )

- And the 'Pause' Button works again in real time without waiting for the Page to finish or stop loading (was broken since around v8.40)..., but it brought some other nasty Bug..., see above... (And I had the "feeling" it's a bit slow to react, after 1 sec..., but I didn't really investigate...)

- Oh yeah...!, and the "iMacros Fx&Cr scripting messaging host (32 bit)" Process Name in Task Manager (Win10_x64) sounds indeed a little bit more "relevant" than the previous "Scripting Interface for Chrome" Name (!?) in v10.0.2b and v10.0.3b with FIO v10.0.2.1397. (Except that this Process is now x2, against only x1 in the 2 previous FCI's...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
hwonk

Post by hwonk » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:31 pm

Hey there, ONDIALOG is not working, when pop up dialog to OK or Cancel action.
VERSION BUILD=1002a1396
Firefox 6.0.1,
Imacros just ignore that, do not record any actions ONDIALOG.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:14 pm

hwonk wrote:Hey there, ONDIALOG is not working, when pop up dialog to OK or Cancel action.

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=1002a1396
Firefox 6.0.1,
Yep indeed, has already been reported, 'ONDIALOG' belongs indeed to the List of unsupported Commands in v10.b.

A new Beta Test Build got released btw, 2 days ago, you should update your Environment to v10.0.2a.1421 (+ v10.0.2.1421 for 'FIO' if you've installed it), and there was a FF v60.0.2 Update as well... :idea:
(But no Change concerning 'ONDIALOG' in this Build...)

[And I guess your "Firefox 6.0.1" = "Firefox 60.0.1", ah-ah...!]
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:17 pm

Hum..., @TechSup..., it would maybe be an "Idea" to start a 2nd Thread, with all Links / Steps to register and download in one single Post/Place as this current Thread now already has about 5 Pages, and all Links/Instructions are scattered around several Posts or even different Pages I think, to make sure all Users now report Findings with the current/latest Config/Build... :idea:

And I guess I'm probably not the only one (deliberately) disabling Automatic Updates for iMacros, especially among Users who've been using v8.9.7..., like I had already mentioned, it could be as well an "Idea" to send a 2nd Mail to all Users who had previously registered with all Info and all Links for the latest Version for iMacros + the FIO... (and the Link to the New Thread...)
Even with Automatic Updates ON, it's "easy" to miss that the FIO for example has a new Version...

Hum..., unless @Dev are currently working on some New Build to address the 2 "too Blocking" Items I mentioned, then OK, yep indeed, can better wait with "New Thread" + "E-mail" to "start" directly from that Build..., that would be the best "Move" actually... :wink:
evanx

Post by evanx » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:50 am

Hello,

could you offer to add the function of editing script by external editor ?

and instead of pressing "OK" button ( using Mouse ) on prompt window, just press "Enter" (keyboard).

Thank you.
les_stockton

Post by les_stockton » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:06 pm

Is there support for javascript files so you can use iimPlay, etc? I have one that I have previously used, but it doesn't show up when I list my macro files. I only see the ones that have the iim extension.
Marcia, Tech Support

Updated Beta version

Post by Marcia, Tech Support » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:56 pm

Hi,

After a full week trying to reproduce and fix the bugs reported in this thread, we managed to put in this update (10.0.2a1434), some of these fixes:
  • Added: checkbox to ignore UnsupportedCommand errors bypassing parsing of line (use with care!)
  • Fixed: !TIMEOUT_STEP = 0 being ignored
  • Fixed: windows shown blank in Linux. (More about it below)
Besides some other UI enhancements and fixes like
  • Accept input and confirm prompt and other dialogs with a keyboard Enter
  • Editor Save and Save As buttons feedback on successful save
  • Changed Play button text to Resume when macro is paused
Regarding iMacros windows and dialogs shown blank in Linux systems, this is unfortunately due to a Firefox bug in these systems. Firefox panels opened by web extensions are not being painted. Paint can be triggered by a resize or a right mouse click. This is related to a Firefox setting (extensions.webextensions.remote) which is false by default in Linux, while in Windows is true. Thus, changing it to true is the final solution, if you still see problems in your system.
Last edited by Marcia, Tech Support on Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed version number
chivracq

Re: Updated Beta version

Post by chivracq » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:49 pm

Marcia, Tech Support wrote:Hi,

After a full week trying to reproduce and fix the bugs reported in this thread, we managed to put in this update (10.0.2a1434), some of these fixes:
  • Added: checkbox to ignore UnsupportedCommand errors bypassing parsing of line (use with care!)
  • Fixed: !TIMEOUT_STEP = 0 being ignored
  • Fixed: windows shown blank in Linux. (More about it below)
Besides some other UI enhancements and fixes like
  • Accept input and confirm prompt and other dialogs with a keyboard Enter
  • Editor Save and Save As buttons feedback on successful save
  • Changed Play button text to Resume when macro is paused
Regarding iMacros windows and dialogs shown blank in Linux systems, this is unfortunately due to a Firefox bug in these systems. Firefox panels opened by web extensions are not being painted. Paint can be triggered by a resize or a right mouse click. This is related to a Firefox setting (extensions.webextensions.remote) which is false by default in Linux, while in Windows is true. Thus, changing it to true is the final solution, if you still see problems in your system.
Last edited by Marcia, Tech Support on 20/06/2018 - 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
Ah-ah-ah...!, ah oops...!, that's a funny one...! :lol:
'!TIMEOUT_STEP=0' not fixed in 'B_1433' anyway...! I see some little Improvement, but 80 'TAG' Statements (not found) still need 50 sec to run... (Should take less than 1 sec...) Same with '!TIMEOUT_PAGE=1', no Change...

Perfect for the 'Ignore unsupported command errors' in the 'Player settings', still not exactly how I would have implemented it, but it works..., at least it's "workable" now... (I only tested on 'ONDIALOG' + 'FILTER' + 'FILEDELETE'...)

But OK..., I'll check again with 'B_1434'. :wink:
Could be an Idea to start a New Thread, like I suggested in some previous Post... :idea:
Marcia, Tech Support

Re: Updated Beta version

Post by Marcia, Tech Support » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:14 am

chivracq wrote:
Last edited by Marcia, Tech Support on 20/06/2018 - 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
Ah-ah-ah...!, ah oops...!, that's a funny one...! :lol:
'!TIMEOUT_STEP=0' not fixed in 'B_1433' anyway...! I see some little Improvement, but 80 'TAG' Statements (not found) still need 50 sec to run... (Should take less than 1 sec...) Same with '!TIMEOUT_PAGE=1', no Change...
Between builds 1433 and 1434 there was only 2.5 hours and a minor change to mitigate the effects of Firefox bug 1425829 in Ubuntu. The f mentioned fix in 10.0.2a1433 was effective in OpenSUSE, but we needed some extra work to have iMacros windows shown in Ubuntu as well.

!TIMEOUT_STEP = 0 being ignored was fixed already in 10.0.2a1433. Set !TIMEOUT_PAGE 1 will effectively set !TIMEOUT_STEP to zero, as expected (same behavior as in the previous builds, no changes here indeed.) Setting !TIMEOUT_STEP to zero means that the command is going to run only once (but at least once!), or number of retrials is zero. From your statement that 80 not found TAG commands should take less than a second, it sounds to me that you haven't quite understood the meaning of !TIMEOUT_STEP. See https://wiki.imacros.net/Timeout_Tutorial for a detailed explanation of each iMacros timeout. If you think it is still not working as expected, please send us more details on what you mean by "not working", including a minimal macro which reproduces the issue.
Marcia, Tech Support

Post by Marcia, Tech Support » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:28 am

evanx wrote: could you offer to add the function of editing script by external editor ?
We indeed plan to add this feature in the near future. This would only be possible for macro files, though, since bookmarks cannot be saved by normal file editors...

In the meanwhile, you can open the macro files in any plain editor and save them as usual, bypassing the edit function of iMacros.
evanx wrote: and instead of pressing "OK" button ( using Mouse ) on prompt window, just press "Enter" (keyboard).
Done in 10.0.2a1434! Thank you for the suggestion.
Marcia, Tech Support

Post by Marcia, Tech Support » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:39 am

les_stockton wrote:Is there support for javascript files so you can use iimPlay, etc? I have one that I have previously used, but it doesn't show up when I list my macro files. I only see the ones that have the iim extension.
Regrettably, no current browser offers the API iMacros needs to run javacript files. Firefox Quantum no longer supports it.

You have 2 possibilities now:
  1. iMacros Enterprise Edition comes with a scripting interface which allows you to call iMacros from any external program (Windows only!)
  2. Use a javascript script embedded in an html file which calls iMacrosRunMacro event as described in https://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Ch ... ne_Support
Last edited by Marcia, Tech Support on Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typo
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:31 pm

chivracq wrote:
hwonk wrote:Hey there, ONDIALOG is not working, when pop up dialog to OK or Cancel action.

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=1002a1396
Firefox 6.0.1,
Yep indeed, has already been reported, 'ONDIALOG' belongs indeed to the List of unsupported Commands in v10.b.
This was already documented in this post a couple of weeks ago.

chivracq, perhaps if you weren't making so many verbose posts to this thread, other users could more easily find the pertinent information!
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

Re: How to force update to latest beta version

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:12 pm

Hi everyone,

If you have automatic updates disabled for iMacros for Firefox and want to update to the latest beta version, just open the Add-ons page and then click the gear icon at the top of the page and select 'Check for Updates'.
Force iMacros for Firefox Update.png
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:46 pm

chivracq wrote:I don't see me doing that with FF60 and v10 and all those related Windows all called "moz-ext..."
I have already complained about this myself, but Mozilla currently does not provide a way to change these window titles in a way that allows a more descriptive name to appear before or in place of the existing text. So until they change this, we are stuck with this aggravating 'feature'.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support