iMacros 10 Beta - Sign Up and Provide Feedback Here!

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Tom, Tech Support

iMacros 10 Beta - Sign Up and Provide Feedback Here!

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu May 24, 2018 6:44 pm

Hi everyone,

We're pleased to announce the availability of the iMacros 10 for Firefox beta. If you would like to participate during the beta period, which should last at least 3 weeks pending any new issues found and feedback from the community posted here in this thread, please sign up using the form in the blog post announcing the beta. You will quickly receive instructions on how to download and install the beta version.

If you're currently using an older version of Firefox and iMacros and do not want to upgrade at this time in order to try the beta, the best thing to do would be to install the beta in a new instance of Firefox on a separate physical or virtual machine. If that is not an option for you, it is also possible to install multiple versions of Firefox on the same machine using an approach such as this one or by asking our forum members for similar guidance. Just take precaution when using this approach to make a backup of your Firefox Profiles folder since profiles in Firefox 55+ are not compatible with older versions and the first time you launch a newer version of Firefox it will attempt to upgrade any existing profiles.

Please be aware that iMacros 10 for Firefox is a complete rewrite of the add-on using the WebExtension API introduced with Firefox Quantum and supported in Firefox 56 and later. This is also the same API supported by Chrome, so you will notice many similarities and shared functionality between these two iMacros siblings now, more so than in the past.

To see an overview of what features and restrictions are available in the freeware version, take a look at the iMacros 10 for Chrome announcement. For a more detailed breakdown see the Feature Comparison page in the iMacros wiki.

Also, please keep in mind that the implementation of the WebExtension API in each browser has not yet reached parity. This is something we have no control over as it is in the hands of the browser vendors themselves, i.e. Google and Mozilla. This means that there will continue to be differences in functionality and features supported for the foreseeable future.

For a comprehensive list of supported features and commands as well as known issues, please see this post.

If you find a specific problem or issue, please try to provide us with a bare minimum macro that reproduces it.

To force an update to the latest beta version, see this post.

Thank you for your continued support, and thanks for helping make iMacros the great product that it is!
Last edited by Tom, Tech Support on Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: (3) Added link on how to force an update (2) Move supported commands list to separate post and provide link (1) Add note about trying the beta without affecting an existing installation
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
chivracq

Re: iMacros 10 Beta - Sign Up and Provide Feedback Here!

Post by chivracq » Fri May 25, 2018 2:52 am

Tom, Tech Support wrote:Hi everyone,

We're pleased to announce the availability of the iMacros 10 for Firefox beta. If you would like to participate during the beta period, which should last at least 3 weeks pending any new issues found and feedback from the community posted here in this thread, please sign up using the form in the blog post announcing the beta. You will quickly receive instructions on how to download and install the beta version.

Please be aware that iMacros 10 for Firefox is a complete rewrite of the add-on using the WebExtension API introduced with Firefox Quantum and supported in Firefox 56 and later. This is also the same API supported by Chrome, so you will notice many similarities and shared functionality between these two iMacros siblings now, more so than in the past.

To see an overview of what features and restrictions are available in the freeware version, take a look at the iMacros 10 for Chrome announcement. For a more detailed breakdown see the Feature Comparison page in the iMacros wiki.

Also, please keep in mind that the implementation of the WebExtension API in each browser has not yet reached parity. This is something we have no control over as it is in the hands of the browser vendors themselves, i.e. Google and Mozilla. This means that there will continue to be differences in functionality and features supported for the foreseeable future. This includes, but is not limited to, the following items in iMacros for Firefox, specifically:
  • EVENT and EVENTS commands are not yet supported
  • PROXY command as well is not yet available
  • File upload is not supported
  • For security reasons in Firefox, you cannot navigate using URL GOTO to a privileged URL such as javascript:, file:, data:, and about: (although about:home and about:blank are allowed)
  • iMacros for Firefox is disabled in Private Browsing mode due to restrictions in Firefox
  • Unlike iMacros for Chrome, the CLEAR command clears both cache and cookies. It also accepts an argument to filter the cookies to be cleared by domain name. Using CLEAR with no argument clears all cookies and cache. Using e.g. CLEAR facebook.com will clear all of the cache, but only cookies from Facebook. If you only want to clear the cache, then specify a nonexistent domain name.
Additionally, we are aware of the following issues at this time:
  • Docking the iMacros panel (sidebar) can break the ability to drag and drop tabs in Firefox
  • Replaying the same TAG command in a loop might cause a navigation error
We will continue to update these lists and provide feedback here in this forum thread.

Thank you for your continued support, and thanks for helping make iMacros the great product that it is!
Okaaayyyy, goood Neeews...!, (sorry I am thinking "slowly" and processing the Info in the Post/OP, quoted btw in order to be able to spot "later" (silent) Edits, ah-ah...!, slowly starting to get to know Ipswitch PR/Communication, ah-ah... (+ saved locally of course, I'm not "too" stupid, re-ah-ah...!), OK-OK, thus... + Clicked on the Registration Link..., Oh good...! I qualify direct for..., oh Dear...!!: :shock:
You're awesome, thanks!
Yeah, nice Post/OP, pretty Honest actually (about the/some) Limitations..., but...! :?

But hum, if I understand the "To see an overview of what features and restrictions are available in the freeware version, take a look at the iMacros 10 for Chrome announcement.", that means that Scripts (using the Free Add-on) can only have 50 Lines, oops, all my "serious" Macros have 5000+ Lines..., then I would think, ah-ah...!, dunno what you expect to test but that will be without me then, pfff...! :roll:
=> Provide the Full Version in the Beta Testing Phase if you hope to get it a bit seriously tested, or it will end up just like v9.0.3, I would think... :roll:

I did download Version 'imacros_for_firefox_b-10.0.2a1396-an+fx.xpi', but..., pff, I don't even bother to try to install it, sorry, if I can only run 50 Lines... Tja, sorry...! :roll:
+ I use the 'EVENT' Mode and the 'URL GOTO=javascript:' Syntax which are not supported anymore if I understood a bit correctly... :oops:
+ No FIO/File Access I guess...!?

And to be honest, I find the "Tone" in:
Thank you for being an iMacros enthusiast and signing up for the latest beta release! Participation and feedback from users like yourself goes a long way toward helping us iron out the kinks and become aware of any lurking issues prior to final release. With your help, we can ensure a smooth rollout of this landmark release of iMacros for Firefox.
... completely "Marketing Bullshit" (ah-ah...! :shock: ) in the Registration E-mail I received with the Download Link, maybe OK once the Version has already been thoroughly tested and is proven to be very Stable already, but not for Beta-Testing... :roll:
(Beta-)Testers are Technical Users, we don't like Marketing Talking, we like Technical Talking, just saying... :idea:
=> Have sbd from Dev/TechSup rewrite that part in some more appealing Tone for Tech Users, ah-ah...! :idea:

:arrow: + I miss some "easy Instructions" on how to install FF56 or FF57(+) "completely separate" from my current (perfectly working) FF55 (+ v8.9.7) that I don't want to screw up just to try to run one Macro that probably won't even run at all because of 50+ Lines...
All those Limitations should be clearly stated..., without having to check some 'iMacros for CR v10.0.1' Release Notes..., oh...!, but that means that all FIO Functionality (=> '!DATASOURCE' + 'SAVEAS' etc...) doesn't work anymore either... (or is disabled in the Free/Beta Version), yeah OK, I'm afraid not much of this New Version can be tested anyway, ah-ah...! :roll:

(I would be completely "pissed off" myself if trying to help with Beta-Testing, I deliberately update my FF55 or FF56 to FF57(+), I try to run 1-2-3 Macros I use everyday to find out that I hit some 50+ Line Limitation or that my Macro won't work because of 1-2-3 Commands I use regularly but are not supported (anymore), and have to but cannot revert to my previously perfectly working FCI...!)

:arrow: Oh...!, and stg very important but not mentioned anywhere is that FF55 Profiles, once updated to FF57 cannot be "downdated" anymore to work again with FF55...! :shock:
=> So People...!, make a Backup of your FF55/FF56 Profile(s) before updating to FF57(+) if you want/need to revert to FF55 later...!, and that Back-up Process needs to be done with FF completely killed (and "completely" means COMPLETELY KILLED, ah-ah...!, check your Task Manager before making a Copy of your FF Profile(s) that absolutely no FF (related) Instance(s) at all is/are still running or some 'sqlite' Files won't be copied because still in use...!
(And you don't get any Error of Warnings about some Files being locked when trying to copy your Profile(s)...)
Happened to me once some time (= a few years) ago, I was "lucky" to perform some OS (Win) Upgrade at that time, from WinXP to Win7_x64, or from Win7_x64 to Win10_x64, I'm not sure anymore, no I think it was from WinXP actually..., hum quite a few years back then I guess, and the Win-Upgrade Process did a "decent" Back-up of my FF-Profiles as well, so I was able to recover them from that Back-up, because the one I tried to do myself "manually" was completely useless, oops...! :oops:

OK, that was my "first Reaction", ah-ah..., a bit harsh maybe, I am already impressed actually that Ipswitch is launching some Beta-Testing Path for v10.x for FF, (the one for v9.0.x was a complete "Joke" sorry...! :shock: ), with quite some nice Effort put into it I must recognize, but hum..., if I'm correct with my "Assumptions" I'm afraid it is "doomed" to fail...
The whole "Process" has been "half-thought" I have the Feeling, sorry...!, nobody with a "Full-Vision" in the "Company"...!? :?:
=> @Tom, this is your Chance, ah-ah...!!, I'm pretty sure you understand what I mean..., and you didn't write the "Thanks you for being an iMacros enthusiast ..." part I quoted, ah-ah..., doch...!? :wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri May 25, 2018 8:56 am

Hi chivracq,

How did I know that you would be the first to make a post here? :shock:

Thanks for the comments, you've made some valid points as usual, but I don't necessarily agree with all of them. However, we are working at this moment to prepare a beta version of the File Access module that is required to try iMacros without the freeware limitations, so effectively, users will be able to test the Personal Edition.

Also, I modified the initial post here to include a paragraph about how to test the beta without affecting an existing installation, and I will see about getting this text added to the beta confirmation email as well.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri May 25, 2018 2:06 pm

The beta version of the Personal Edition (Windows only) is now available for download. This gives you access to macro and data files and enables more than 50 lines per macro:
  1. First, install the iMacros add-on using the instructions in the beta confirmation email
  2. Download the iMacros File Access for Web Extensions installer
  3. Run the installer
  4. On the last step of the installation, you can uncheck 'Activate iMacros license' as this step is not necessary (the beta will expire automatically on a future date)
:o I've heard whispers that there will be discounts offered on the Personal Edition to active beta testers who provide quality feedback. :D
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Marcia, Tech Support

Post by Marcia, Tech Support » Fri May 25, 2018 2:47 pm

Hi,

Regarding what is no longer available in iMacros for Firefox, I would like to refer to the Add-ons page in the Mozilla Developer Network, where it is mentioned that since November 2017 extensions must be built using WebExtensions APIs. Thus, we are limited by these APIs.

As an example, to replay EVENT and EVENTs commands iMacros for Chrome uses the "debugger" API, which is not available in Firefox, and so we had to remove support for these commands in Firefox. The same is true for the file upload.

Other restrictions come from Firefox much tighter security. For instance, Firefox ignores "navigating" to javascript: URLs (even if you type it directly on the address bar!) so you can no longer do it with URL GOTO either.

As Firefox support for the required APIs grow, we can add more of those missed functionalities.
tbuckenham77

Bug Report: Find/Replace Dialog Box

Post by tbuckenham77 » Fri May 25, 2018 3:34 pm

When editing macros from the add-on (manage -> edit macro), the find/replace dialog box is broken. Ctrl+F opens the small window to enter information into the 'find' and 'replace' fields, however none of the buttons (find, replace, 'X' to close window, etc.) work. The only way to close the Find/Replace small window is to close the main editing window.

Using:
iMacros for Firefox (beta) 10.0.2a1396
Firefox 60.0.1 (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro v1803 Build 17134.48
chivracq

Re: iMacros 10 Beta - List of parallel/related Threads.

Post by chivracq » Fri May 25, 2018 4:14 pm

Post Reserved, to keep track in one place of "parallel" Threads that probably will be opened as Standalone Threads on the Forum...
(+ maybe Direct Links to specific Posts within this current Thread as it will probably quickly become a "large" Thread..., to keep an Overview of all (Bug) Reports...)

=> None at the moment... :D
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Bug Report: Find/Replace Dialog Box

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Sat May 26, 2018 9:56 am

tbuckenham77 wrote:When editing macros from the add-on (manage -> edit macro), the find/replace dialog box is broken. Ctrl+F opens the small window to enter information into the 'find' and 'replace' fields, however none of the buttons (find, replace, 'X' to close window, etc.) work. The only way to close the Find/Replace small window is to close the main editing window.
Thanks for the report! I wasn't even aware myself that the built-in editor had a search-and-replace feature! That editor is based on a third-party library, so perhaps something is not wired up correctly or it could be a compatibility issue. I also confirmed that the same behavior exists in iMacros for Chrome.

I have logged a development ticket for the issue.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon May 28, 2018 3:59 am

From Tom, Tech Support:

The original content of this post was moved to a new thread.

chivracq, as someone who likes a tidy forum where all posts remain on topic with their respective thread, I'm sure you can appreciate my decision to move this post. Besides, the support and dev staff monitoring this thread have little to do with what the Ipswitch marketing team does with the iMacros website. So let's keep it technical here, after all, in your own words:
chivracq wrote:(Beta-)Testers are Technical Users, we don't like Marketing Talking, we like Technical Talking, just saying...
Last edited by chivracq on Mon May 28, 2018 6:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon May 28, 2018 4:16 am

OK, my "Feedback" was that I found at least 20-30 Bugs in less than 2 min from running one of my Macros...

But OK, "it" runs a bit OK for very-very simple Macros... but for the "rest", dunno how you test your Software Guys...!? :shock:

=> 'FILTER' + 'ONDIALOG' + 'FILEDELETE' not supported anymore (= "Unknown Commands", ah-ah...!, and the script won't even compile, pfff...!)

=> 'EVENT' not supported anymore either but "neat" Warning about "Sorry not supported anymore/yet in Current Version", without breaking the whole Script... :D

=> '!TIMEOUT_PAGE' + '_STEP' don't work, 'FRAME' the same, nothing gets found in a Frame..., 2 Min to load a 5000 Line Script in the Editor, ah-ah...!, takes less than 2 sec in v8.9.7, pffff, and the List is long...!

Script hangs every now and then with no reason, needs some manual Page Refresh to keep going, ... until nothing helps anymore..., 1 Refresh per Line for the Script to keep going... (without doing anything, while being on the correct Page and 'TAG' Elements are present...)...

(Hum, I noticed a few "cool" Features in the 'Undocked' Side-Panel Mode btw... (mini-Compliment), is still completely buggy though btw, ah-ah...!)

The Docked-Version is completely unusable btw, :roll: just like on CR actually, I had noticed that indeed a few weeks/months ago, I was feeling very "bad" for CR Users, and was nearly surprised nobody ever opened a Thread on the Forum except one Guy who couldn't manage to find the 'Undock' CB...

It's a bit of a "Catch 22", it works now more or less OK for 3x easy Clicks on a Web-Page, perfect for Kids playing Games but if the Software is intended to be sold, oops!, still a long way to go, ah-ah...! :shock:

>>>
tbuckenham77 wrote:When editing macros from the add-on (manage -> edit macro), the find/replace dialog box is broken. Ctrl+F opens the small window to enter information into the 'find' and 'replace' fields, however none of the buttons (find, replace, 'X' to close window, etc.) work. The only way to close the Find/Replace small window is to close the main editing window.

Using:

Code: Select all

iMacros for Firefox (beta) 10.0.2a1396
Firefox 60.0.1 (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro v1803 Build 17134.48
Oh...!, and yep, I can indeed confirm the Report by @tbuckenham77 about the Editor, the 'Ctrl^f' is indeed a bit completely useless now, absolutely nothing works in it anymore... :shock:
(Everything works perfect in v8.9.7, I use all Functionality, so I know perfectly how it works "normally"...)
But the Pop-up can still be dismissed with the 'Esc' Key... :idea:
Tom, Tech Support

Re: iMacros 10 Beta - Known Issues

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon May 28, 2018 1:38 pm

In general, iMacros for Firefox is now very similar to iMacros for Chrome in terms of what features and commands are supported or not. In fact, both products now use the same core code base.

Here is an expanded list of the commands, variables, and functionality that were previously supported iMacros for Firefox that currently are not:
  • CLICK
  • EVENT, EVENTS
  • FILEDELETE
  • FILTER
  • ONDIALOG
  • PROXY
  • !POPUP_ALLOWED
  • !SINGLESTEP
  • ---
  • File upload is not supported
  • iMacros for Firefox is disabled in Private Browsing mode due to restrictions in Firefox
  • Unlike iMacros for Chrome, the CLEAR command clears both cache and cookies. It also accepts an argument to filter the cookies to be cleared by domain name. Using CLEAR with no argument clears all cookies and cache. Using e.g. CLEAR facebook.com will clear all of the cache, but only cookies from Facebook. If you only want to clear the cache, then specify a nonexistent domain name.
This is not to say that all of these commands will no longer be supported at all, but they are not available in the beta and may also not be available in the final release. As noted by Marcia, support for some of these commands depends on WebExtension API support provided by Mozilla, and others depend on further development on our part.

The following commands and variables are newly supported in iMacros 10:
  • SIZE
  • !FOLDER_DOWNLOAD
  • !FOLDER_MACROS
  • !IMAGEX, !IMAGEY
  • !PLAYBACKDELAY
Known Issues:
  • Docking the iMacros panel (sidebar) can break the ability to drag and drop tabs in Firefox
  • Search and replace dialog no longer work in the macro editor due to Firefox CSP (Content Security Policy) for Web Extensions.
  • [Fixed] Replaying the same TAG command in a loop might cause a navigation error
  • [Fixed - we implemented a workaround for URL GOTO=javascript] For security reasons in Firefox, you cannot navigate using URL GOTO to a privileged URL such as javascript:, file:, data:, and about: (although about:home and about:blank are allowed)
  • [Fixed] !TIMEOUT_STEP = 0 being ignored
  • [Fixed] !CLIPBOARD - can be SET but referencing the clipboard with {{!CLIPBOARD}} does not work
  • [Fixed] windows shown blank on Linux due to a bug in Firefox. See this post for more details.
Additional tweaks/enhancements made during the beta period:
  • Accept input and confirm PROMPT and other dialogs with a keyboard Enter
  • Editor Save and Save As buttons feedback on successful save
  • Changed Play button text to Resume when macro is paused
  • Added setting to ignore UnsupportedCommand errors bypassing parsing of line (use with care!)
To force an update to the latest beta version, see this post.

If you find a specific problem or issue, please try to provide us with a bare minimum macro that reproduces it.

We will continue to update the lists in this post as actionable feedback becomes available via this forum thread. Thank you.
Last edited by Tom, Tech Support on Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Updated for 10.0.2a1434 release
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon May 28, 2018 2:03 pm

chivracq wrote:OK, my "Feedback" was that I found at least 20-30 Bugs in less than 2 min from running one of my Macros...

=> '!TIMEOUT_PAGE' + '_STEP' don't work, 'FRAME' the same, nothing gets found in a Frame..., 2 Min to load a 5000 Line Script in the Editor, ah-ah...!, takes less than 2 sec in v8.9.7, pffff, and the List is long...!

Script hangs every now and then with no reason, needs some manual Page Refresh to keep going, ... until nothing helps anymore..., 1 Refresh per Line for the Script to keep going... (without doing anything, while being on the correct Page and 'TAG' Elements are present...)...

(Hum, I noticed a few "cool" Features in the 'Undocked' Side-Panel Mode btw... (mini-Compliment), is still completely buggy though btw, ah-ah...!)

The Docked-Version is completely unusable btw, :roll: just like on CR actually, I had noticed that indeed a few weeks/months ago, I was feeling very "bad" for CR Users, and was nearly surprised nobody ever opened a Thread on the Forum except one Guy who couldn't manage to find the 'Undock' CB...
For someone who insists on enforcing his strict (F)CIM policy before even responding to board posts, you don't seem to follow your own advice here and provide specific enough information about the issues you are finding for us to take action. You mention only a couple of bugs without providing any specifics on how to reproduce them. How about posting a test macro for each issue? What about the other 18-28 bugs you mentioned?
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon May 28, 2018 6:07 pm

Tom, Tech Support wrote:For someone who insists on enforcing his strict (F)CIM policy before even responding to board posts, you don't seem to follow your own advice here and provide specific enough information about the issues you are finding for us to take action. You mention only a couple of bugs without providing any specifics on how to reproduce them. How about posting a test macro for each issue? What about the other 18-28 bugs you mentioned?
Yep, I know..., I had started typing a long Post with all Info and my FCI of course, even explaining how I installed my Env. as the Method linked to in some earlier Post is not the easiest, but my whole post "disappeared" at some point while still typing it and I then only retyped a small part after trying to find it back in the Cache where I stumbled upon the FB-Tracking...

=> FCI:

iMacros for FF v10.0.2a1396 (Beta), FF v60.0.1_x64 Portable (1 Default Profile), Win10_x64.
+ The 2 FCI's I use myself (for Comparison):
- "Prod"-FCI:

iMacros for FF v8.8.2. Pale Moon v26.3.3_x32 (=FF47 for Patch Level), Win10_x64.
- v8.9.7 FCI for the Forum:

iMacros for FF v8.9.7, FF v55.0.3_x32, Win10_x64.
=> Well, "for the Forum", but I use it as well for a few of my own Scripts on Sites with Flash Content as I actually screwed a bit FlashPlayer on PM about 2 years ago, but it works on FF, so I never took the time to investigate the Pb to solve it on PM, ah-ah...! (even if I think I know the Explanation and would probably be able to fix it in a few minutes, oops...!), thinking Flash would then quickly disappear, ah-ah...! + If I need to check stg visually/manually or want to check some internal Forum completely in Flash..., my Scripts on those (3) Sites actually know how to "bypass" the Flash part...
Hum, and I use it sometimes for a few Sites when I get a bit fed up that they identify my PM Env. as being FF24 or FF26 and I am a bit too lazy to bypass their "supposed to be clever" Browser Security Detection..., if I just want to quickly read some Article or run some quick Test... :roll:

I still use all the "Defaults" (for now) with only 1 (Default) Profile on FF60, creating a new Profile or several Profiles seems to be quite a bit of a hassle on FF-Portable (the '-profilemanager' Switch is not even supported...!), so I can only run FF60 or FF55 at the same time but not both..., which doesn't make things "easy", especially if a Macro that normally runs in about 20 min (iMacros for FF v8.8.2, Pale Moon 26.3.3, Win10_x64) or 30-40 min (iMacros for FF v8.9.7, FF v55.0.3_x32, Win10_x64) doesn't even finish running after 3 hours and needs one manual Refresh on each Line to advance one Line at the time...

>>>

OK, good for the full List of "Differences"..., and Commands not supported anymore/yet, I was going to ask for it, as I didn't find it "normal" to have to "discover" them one by one...
Hum, '!SINGLESTEP' is not supported as well, pity..., I use it a lot for Debugging, especially for the Forum, but for myself as well, pfff, bit of a hassle to have to use 20x 'PAUSE' in a row..., and for a Conditional 'PAUSE' as well..., and I don't use all other Commands except the ones I've already mentioned...
Sounds a bit "weird" to me to have implemented '!PLAYBACKDELAY' but to drop '!SINGLESTEP', those 2 Commands should be together, say a "SET !PLAYBACKDELAY 999" automatically triggers a 'PAUSE' after each Step... :idea:
But keep '!SINGLESTEP' as well for Backward Compatibility...
But hum, strange that '!SINGLESTEP' is not supported anymore, it's 3 Lines Coding in the Add-on, I never understood why it was never implemented on CR...
'!PLAYBACKDELAY' could actually supersede '!SINGLESTEP' + 'WAIT' + 'PAUSE' in one single Command...! :idea:

Hum, wondering if '{{!CLIPBOARD}}' still works then, ah-ah...!, if the Code is aligned on v10.0.1 for CR, I haven't tested yet... :twisted:

One thing you forgot to mention @Tom in the List, for newly implemented, is 'TAG SELECTOR'..., I noticed one Statement in one of the Demos..., even if that Element did not get found but the RuntimeError was not about the Command not being supported like in previous Versions...

Max_Loop in the Freeware Version is 100 and not 50 like earlier mentioned. Neat Warning and it works indeed for 100 Loops.

>>>

For 'Play Loop':
- I don't see the "Use" for the '+/-' for the 'Current' Field, this one should only be 'Display'.
- Can modify it even if the Macro is looping, but it gets back to its "current" Loop at the next Loop. (Play or Pause don't change anything...)
- Both Fields ('Current' + 'Max') are way too short/small, and only display 2 Digits while it can accept a much larger Number... (I stopped after:
99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999.)
And Looping still works...!, is a bit more than the 99999 in previous Versions, ah-ah...!, even if it was possible to bypass that "99999" Limit already...

- When a Macro is playing, "Pause" is perfect, but "Play Macro" instead of "Continue" is a bit confusing, especially with "Play selected macro" in 'Alt'.
- In Play Mode, the 'Record' and 'Manage' Tabs should be disabled.

- 'PAUSE' (as a Command in a Macro) works very "strangely", the Script already pauses 1 or 2 Lines before the 'PAUSE' Command, and/or (again) 1 or 2 Lines after it, and sometimes requires up to 5 times clicking on 'Play Macro' to resume running...

- With '!ERRORIGNORE' = YES, all RuntimeErrors, though sometimes useful, become quickly a bit annoying..., I use a lot of "TAG POS={{SomeVar}}" with '{{SomeVar}}' very often =0 (this is how I achieve most of my Conditional Behaviour), but all those Lines trigger a RuntimeError, so I constantly see a RuntimeError when a Script is running, which is quite confusing...
=> I miss a "Switch" to decide if we want the RuntimeErrors being displayed or not, maybe as a 2nd Argument for the '!ERRORIGNORE' Command, and maybe with different Levels of Display...

- Colours are "nice" in the 'Replaying Macro' Panel, but all Commented Lines in Light Green on White Background are hardly visible... The Darker Green in the Editor is much better.
Comments play a large Role in my Scripts and are meant to be seen in Replay Mode, I don't want them to disappear and to have to constantly pause the Macro to be able to decipher that Light Green on White...
Could be nice to have 2 different Colours actually, maybe this current Light Green for commented out Code Lines (with one [']) and a much more visible other Colour for "personal Comments" (if we start the commented Line with two [''] for example).

- The 'Save' Button in the Editor is a bit "confusing" because there is no visual "Confirmation" that a Click on it actually did stg, the only Confirmation comes from the 'Close' Button if we don't get the "File content was changed. Would you like to save changes? [Yes] [Cancel]".
The 'Cancel' Button should be a 'No' Button actually, I expect from a 'Cancel' to go back to the Editor, but nope, it still closes the Editor (without saving).

- I was missing a 'Refresh Macro List' on the 'Manage' Tab (needed after a 'Rename' or 'Save As') instead of having to switch twice between 'Bookmarks' + 'Files' to force a Refresh, but OK, I see the Functionality is present in a Right Click on the Macro Tree... Okay, fair enough...

- After installing the FIO Module, the 'Files' Functionality becomes directly available (OK), but the 'Path Settings' require a Browser Kill and Restart to become active. No big deal but that could be mentioned at the end of the Installation...

- The FIO Version should be mentioned, once installed...!

- 'Path Settings':
The 'Select Folder' Button for all 3 Paths is a bit useless..., you can only select a Folder within the current Folder (which is not even "listed" with its Name, only with 2 Dots), and you can't go back to a previous (Higher) Folder.
=> Forced to use the Input Field with manual Typing or C&P... (which luckily works fine)...
We regularly get new Threads for each new Version about UNC and Mapped Network Drives, I can't test that myself on a small (Standalone) Home Laptop, I hope you tested it yourself... Hum, probably not or the 'Select Folder' Button would have already been caught... :idea:

- The "(Important note)" in the 'General Settings' for 'Dock Panel' has nothing "important" as it only links to https://imacros.net/ and doesn't contain any Info at all about the Dock Panel...

- The 'EULA' Link links to some "EULA_Freeware" Page which is both for Freeware and Paid Version, the "Freeware" in the URL is a bit confusing...!

- Side (Undocked) Panel:
The 3 Tabs (when active) and their respective Buttons are of the same Colour which is a bit annoying/confusing, especially for the 'Play' Tab which is the one we all use most, I guess, I keep clicking on the 'Play' Field for the Tab instead of on the "real" 'Play' Button below, ah-ah...!

- Any 'URL GOTO=javascript:' Command in a Script will hang the Script, even with '!ERRORIGNORE'.
Yep, it is mentioned as not being supported yet/anymore, but it should be ignored with '!ERRORIGNORE' or detected when parsing the Script before running it.

- Hum, no Support for 'ONDIALOG' is pretty annoying, I need that Command...!! :shock:
(I didn't try to find a Workaround yet..., as my Script now needs 3 hours to run, ah-ah...!, same with Steps to reproduce...)

- The Docked Panel is pretty unusable..., it keeps jumping/resizing/disappearing all the time, ah-ah...!, looks like some invisible Kabouter is playing with it... But hum, I remember that Thread about it for v10.0.1 for CR from a few months ago, and I think it cannot handle more than one Display (Monitor), which is my case indeed (Laptop with 1 main integrated Screen + 2 external Monitors, one via VGA and the other one via HDMI)...
No big deal maybe then if it works "correctly" with only 1 integrated Screen, I would use the Undocked Panel anyway myself because of my Double/Triple Screens. :wink:
Nice to be able to resize the Replay Screen to be able to see the whole Script, compared to v8.9.7 or v8.8.2 where we can only see about the first 50 Chars by stretching the Side Panel to the Max-Width...

- Hum, definitely Pb with 'FRAME', I see my Script hanging again, manual Refresh needed, and then it goes further, more Details to follow... (still have about 1000 Lines to run...) It seems to hang on the first 'TAG' Statement in a Frame (the Element is present)... And after the Refresh, all further 'TAG' Statements (in the same Frame) then work OK...

- More Details to follow as well, but '!TIMEOUT_STEP' =0 or =1 seems to be ignored as well, and seems to be using =3 sec..., while the last '!TIMEOUT_PAGE' Value is =60, which doesn't explain either the =3 for '_STEP'...
But my Script is "old" and still contains '!TIMEOUT' instead of '!TIMEOUT_PAGE', maybe that plays a role...
Yep, '!TIMEOUT_STEP' =0 is definitely ignored, it is using =3 from a '!TIMEOUT' =30 just before...

Oh yeah..., forgot a few more, ah-ah...!

- Script aborts with RuntimeError, identifying the faulty Line, but the 'Edit macro' Button underneath the Display Panel now only opens the Script in the Editor and doesn't go directly to the faulty Line anymore... (which is very handy...!).

- The Display Area can be resized within the (Undocked) Side Panel, hum... OK, but it's not possible anymore to resize the File Tree up to the Bottom.

- The (Undocked) Side Panel constantly shows an unnecessary Horizontal Scrollbar at the Bottom which "costs" about 1 Macro less being displayed in the File Tree.

- File Tree:
Only Macros with ".iim" Extension are displayed. :shock:
Most of my Macros actually (deliberately!) wear the ".IIM' Extension, but they don't get displayed in the File Tree.
Nor are '.js' Scripts displayed either...
The '.IIM' Extension is deliberate from my part and removes the Icon before the Name of the Macro, which allows more Chars to be displayed for each Macro in the File Tree, very handy for v8.8.2 and v8.9.7. And I still leave a few with the Icon, which allows me to locate a few Macros a bit quicker thanks to this Double Visual Display. (I have more than 100 different ('.iim'/'.IIM') Macros in my File Tree in the Default Folder and I always need to quickly select the correct one...
Last edited by chivracq on Tue May 29, 2018 9:34 pm, edited 9 times in total.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon May 28, 2018 7:32 pm

:arrow: But hum..., some "Idea" that would help a lot for Beta-Testing, as the current Process is very cumbersome, to be honest... :cry:

:arrow: I had to do a lot of Editing to one of my current Scripts and to make a "special" Version for v10b, I did it for one Script, but that's too cumbersome to do it again for other Scripts of mine..., especially if they then need 3 hours to run instead of the usual 20 min...
=> Couldn't all Commands that are not supported anymore (or yet) be treated like the 'EVENT' Mode, at least if we use '!ERRORIGNORE' (or make it an Option in the iMacros Settings, stg like "Ignore deprecated and not supported (anymore/yet) Commands?" with an easy CB), instead of stopping directly at the Parsing Process...? :idea:

(+ 'URL GOTO=javascript' as well, I have a lot of those Statements everywhere in my Scripts, to work around a Bug since v8.40 I think btw related to the Scroll to Object Functionality which has been very buggy since that time... Let those Statements do "nothing", I can live with that, but hanging the Script in the middle is not workable...)

Perfect to "see" the RuntimeErrors, then we know which Commands are not supported anymore, (then we can "adapt" our Scripts little by little), but if all "serious" Users have to rewrite and check at once many thousands of Lines, that's too much hassle for adopting v10 later even once it will have reached a bit of "Maturation" and Stability...

Let a Script abort on a 'TAG' Element not being found but not on a Command that used to work in previous Versions, or works in some other Browser without forcing Users to maintain several parallel Versions of a same Script... :idea:

I have praised many times iMacros (especially on FF) for Backward Compatibility, it is actually the best Example I know in the whole Software Industry..., but v10 for FF is completely destroying that perfect Quality of all previous Versions... :idea:

And I mention "Backward Compatibility", but iMacros and Ipswitch should already be ahead of that "Concept" and already think about "Forward Compatibility", just like I include some "AI" Functionality already in most Scripts I now write for myself (in pure '.iim'), and since a few years already actually, and my Scripts can cope with some Changes on the Site/Pages they have to run on..., up to a certain Extent of course..., I cannot foresee everything either, ah-ah...!
I had the "Case" last week, some Site changed many URLs by switching from "http" to "https" + moving many Elements from one (Sub-)Domain to a completely different Domain, it took me 10 sec to solve it, I simply had to modify 2 Vars at the beginning of my Script without even digging into it, and boum...!, perfect, it was working again... while I "normally" would have needed to modify hundreds of 'TAG' Statements...
Hum, just made me realize that I should maybe extend that Concept to Commands that "might" get deprecated..., but hum, it's not easy to "catch" RuntimeErrors in pure '.iim', especially if the Script doesn't even pass Parsing...
Apophis

Post by Apophis » Tue May 29, 2018 2:50 pm

Minor bug:

I noticed that every window opened by iMacros is completely blank until it is manually resized.

Ubuntu 16.04
Firefox 61.0a1