iMacros 10 Beta - Sign Up and Provide Feedback Here!

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
axrinas

Re: iMacros 10 Beta - Sign Up and Provide Feedback Here!

Post by axrinas » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:26 pm

Hi Marcia,
have you news about the history bug with the file access in firefox?
Marcia, Tech Support

Post by Marcia, Tech Support » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:21 am

axrinas wrote:Hi Marcia,
have you news about the history bug with the file access in firefox?
We just updated the beta version to 10.0.2.a1435 in order to lessen this issue: file access stops working after clearing the complete Firefox browser history.

When the Firefox history is cleared, all iMacros settings are cleared. This is still the same, but now the file access works properly again when the browser is started next time. All other settings will be lost, unfortunately. This includes the folders where iMacros looks for macros, downloads, etc. When the extension starts, it will read again from the registry, so I advise you to store their paths in the registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ipswitch\iMacros) as FolderMacros, FolderDataSources and FolderDownloads.

Please, let me know if it works for you now.
axrinas

Post by axrinas » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:42 pm

Hi Marcia,
the new Beta works perfect, without any Issues and fixed the history problem for me :)
Marcia, Tech Support

iMacros 10 Beta -Updated!

Post by Marcia, Tech Support » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:34 pm

We just updated the beta version to 10.0.2a1440, with a minor fix for recording a link which opens a new tab.

Thanks!
sanfric

Post by sanfric » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:25 pm

How to run a iMacro from the command line withFirefox

Hello, I am testing imacros for firefox 10.0.2a1396 on windows 10 Pro version 1803 . My old iMacros work as files in the window " iMacros for firefox".
I would like to launch them directly
1°) with a shortcut in my personal bar
2°) with a macro VB in winword as before.

Code: Select all

'RetVal = Shell ("C: \ program files (X86) \ Mozilla Firefox \ firefox.exe imacros: // run /? M = TP.iim")
How to do it?
thank for your help.
sanfric
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:47 am

One "stupid" Qt @TechSup/@Marcia I guess..., is anything "happening" with some new Build coming soon addressing '!TIMEOUT_STEP=0' being a bit "useless" (needs 600ms in v10 per "Step" against [5-10-20]ms in previous Versions => 60 times slower, oops...!), or should I post my List/Recap with all Findings I have so far...? (... before you release some "Official" v10 for FF, even if you don't want to address the '!TIMEOUT_STEP=0' Bug, in case you still want to include a few "Improvements"/mini-Fixes...)
(=> About 60-80 I think, => 80-100 then as I intend(ed) to include all mentioned in the Thread by other Users as well (a few already fixed :D )...)

>>>

Like I already mentioned earlier, '!TIMEOUT_STEP=0' not working (properly) is pretty "Blocking" for me (to do any proper Testing, I'm not even thinking about Adoption, ah-ah...! :shock: , v10 will be way too limited for me anyway, I won't come very far with 50 Lines, I use Scripts with 5000-8000 Lines, oops, and too many Commands I use (and need) are not supported anymore in v10... (like 'ONDIALOG' for example, and 'EVAL()' not working "correctly" anymore...), I'm still happy with v8.8.2 for my "Prod"-Env., ah-ah...! (and if only 1000 Lines need a '!TIMEOUT_STEP=0', those Scripts need 1000x600ms=600s=10m extra to run, hum, and I must be making a Mistake somewhere, because those Scripts need now 1h30 min to run, against 20m before, oh ja, and I forgot the x5-x10 times they hang in the middle and need some manual Refresh of some Page to keep running... a bit... until the next Hang/Refresh needed...)...
=> Anyway..., I hardly ran a few other Scripts of mine..., which (Thanks to the 'Ignore Errors related to Unsupported Commands' 8) ) revealed a few other fairly-blocking Issues, about 'EVAL()' for example which triggers too many 'MacroError()''s that make many Scripts completely hang, ignoring '!ERRORIGNORE'...

Those ones I could "solve", I can catch the Error upfront before the 'MacroError()' will be triggered, but it was working fine previously in all previous Versions, and I will need to modify 100's of 'EVAL()' Statements one by one in my Scripts, and '.js' Scripts are not going to be supported pretty soon, so "my Method" of "Conditional Logic" for iMacros in pure '.iim' is now the only Method for Conditional Logic, which uses 'EVAL()' a lot, but the Use of 'EVAL()' is getting more and more restricted/complicated... :idea:

I guess many Advanced Users actually use '.js' Scripts (we didn't see many posting in the Thread btw), and those are the ones using iMacros (for FF) in some Company who'll be more than willing to pay for some nice Tool like iMacros, but tja, '.js' Scripts not supported anymore, 'EVAL()' becoming more and more difficult to use, (and that was already more a "Workaround"), all those Users will be moving to other Tools where Conditional Logic "works" and is a bit less cumbersome to implement... :idea:

[Yeah, sorry @Tom, I'm always a bit "Verbose", ah-ah...! :oops: ]
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:48 pm

Some parallel/related/external Thread about v10:
- Access old iMacros in new beta

UPDATE: Solved...!

>

Pfff...!, I honestly hope the FIO Version mentioned in the 'Path Settings' Section in the iMacros Options will "make it" to some later Build like I already mentioned, when I see the complete Hassle it is to get a User find out and mention their FIO Version...! :roll:

>>>

I still plan to post (one day!) my Full List/Recap/Status of "Findings" since the beginning of the Beta Phase..., but pfff..., that's several hours "Work", I didn't find the "Courage" yet... :oops:
(I will probably reuse the Post I had reserved on P_1 of the Thread..., that I will be able to "silently" save and edit as I will progress...)

Still no new Build available...?

>>>

And hum, could sbd from TechSup have a look at the 'mcp'...?, several Reports have been waiting for 2 weeks already, with a "Wave"/"Plague" of 100s Spams from Fake Users/Spammers from Vietnam creating new Accounts everyday that keep trying and trying as I cannot delete/ban those Users/IP's...? :wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:30 pm

Oh...!, but OK, I am starting to understand that v10 was pushed today to all FF49-FF56 Users of v9.0.3 with Automatic Updates for iMacros ON... Oh jeez...!, poor Souls, ah-ah...! :shock:

Next to the Thread I already mentioned in my previous Post a bit earlier today, we already have another 2...:
- Hassle annoyance today - has something changed?
- Simple question regarding free version.

Hum-hum..., I already fear for a "Wave" of Threads regarding this (forced) Update apparently, even worse than the Vietnamese Spam Mafia quite active on the Forum at the moment, ah-ah...! :shock:

I don't see any Announcement on the Forum, (I was completely not aware of it of course), I helped the first User to get their "System" up and running again, but I guess it's not really my "Role", and I don't really "support" anyway the "Commercial Move" of iMacros for FF and CR... (My "Motivation" for helping Users on the Forum for several Years was because iMacros was a Free (semi Open-Source) Tool for 3 Browsers...)

And last but not least, I consider v10 and the last Build that was offered to Beta Testing (B_4440) not really-really fit for Prod anyway, too many "Blocking"/"High Priority" Issues left in it..., even if most Users are now "focusing" on getting iMacros "running" again and "seeing" their Macros...!
(I'm not even sure which Build has been pushed to the Automatic iMacros Update, none of the 3 Users who started a Thread were able to mention their FCI "properly"...)

>>>

For the "Record", Issues with "High Priority" in my Opinion affecting v10.0.2a.4440 (+FF v61.0 + Win10_x64):
1- '!TIMEOUT_STEP=0' + '!TIMEOUT_PAGE=1' both need 600-800ms per Step, is about 60x times slower (...! :shock: ) than in previous Versions (v8.9.7 + v8.8.2).
2- Too many 'EVAL()' hanging the Script because triggering some "fake" MacroError halting the Script, ignoring '!ERRORIGNORE'... (and impossible to resume...)
(This one could be a "nice one" actually, if the Script didn't halt/hang, would be a nice "Workaround" for 'iimDisplay()' finally implemented/working in pure '.iim', one of my EnhReq's for several years...! 8) )
3- iMacros Editor is pretty useless (for large Scripts), needs 3-5 min before can start editing a large Script (5000 Lines), and 'Ctrl^f' doesn't work at all... (And External Editor not supported anymore...)
4- 'ONDIALOG' not supported anymore, any JS Dialog Popup pauses the Script and requires Manual Action for clicking on 'OK'/Cancel' for the Script to resume..., voiding a bit the "Concept" of "Web-Automation", I would think, oops...! :shock:

['1'+'2'+'4' pretty "Blocking" for me..., for '3', I can use the iMacros Editor from one of my PM (Pale Moon, v26.3.3) Instances/Profiles (+ v8.8.2) that can run in parallel to FF and that I will keep using as my "Prod" Env. anyway... (Has always been 2x quicker anyway, and doesn't crash like FF every 2-3 hours, even if FF60/61 seem(s) a little bit more "robust" on that..., but still goes using 30% CPU after 2h, with only 1 Tab open...)]
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:33 pm

With the release of iMacros for Firefox 10 today the beta period has ended and this thread is now closed. We sincerely thank everyone who downloaded the beta and provided us with feedback!

Please continue to use the iMacros for Firefox subforum for reporting new issues.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:15 pm

Attention beta users:

In order to upgrade to the final release of iMacros for Firefox 10 (version 10.0.2.1450), you will need to first uninstall the iMacros for Firefox beta version and then install iMacros from the official Mozilla repository:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... r-firefox/

To uninstall the beta version, navigate to about:addons then find iMacros in the list of Extensions and click the Remove button.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support