Code: Select all
iMacros for FF v10.0.2a1396 (Beta), FF v60.0.1_x64 Portable (1 Default Profile), Win10_x64.
Well, one (of those 2 Scripts) keeps hanging everywhere, difficult to understand why and to reproduce, but especially after each '!TIMEOUT_PAGE' Error, sometimes it will go further, sometimes it won't, sometimes a manual Refresh of the Page helps, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes manually navigating to another Page helps, sometimes it doesn't...
Oh dear...!, poor 'PROMPT' Command. (Display 'PROMPT')
A 'PROMPT' is now displayed as another extra FF Instance/Window, independent (= Non-Modal) from the "original" FF Instance where the Script ran + from the Undocked Side-Panel which is also a FF Instance.
That FF Instance for the Prompt is resizable (but not maximizable), hum OK, good enough..., I can always manually resize that Window to the Max Size of my Screen..., or even to span on 2 or 3 Monitors together..., but the Content of the Prompt is displayed in the middle of it in some mini-tiny Display Field only displaying Max 4 Lines of Text requiring a lot of Vertical Scrolling inside that tiny Field to be able to read the Content of the Prompt.
Not good...!, this nearly completely voids the Purpose of using a Display 'PROMPT'.
(And I didn't try with an Input 'PROMPT'.)
The Editor doesn't remember anymore its last Position and its last Size, like it does in v8.8.2 or v8.9.7.
It now opens always at the same Position and always in some tiny-mini-Size that always first requires to resize it to be able to see some decent part of the Script.
'Maximize' Window Button is missing.
And Resizing is very slow, takes between 2-10 sec, 1-2 sec for 20 Lines, at least 10 sec for 800 Lines (after the first 10-15 sec to ueberhaupt open that 800 Line Script in the Editor), so I can start editing that Script only after at least 20 sec after I clicked on the 'Edit' Button.
And like I already mentioned, a 5000 Line Script needs about 2 min to open, Open + Resize just took about 3 min 30 sec, with about 6 or 8 times some Yellow Warning about "A Web-Page is slowing down your Browser, do you want to "Stop" / "Wait"...?" (I clicked on 'Wait' each time...)
The same (5000 Line) Script opened in the Editor in v8.8.2 or v8.9.7 takes about 2 sec. (And I don't need to resize as it remembers its last Position and Size.)
The 800 Line one takes less than 0.5 sec.
One good Thing though about the New Editor in v10.b is that it now opens at the first Line in the Script and doesn't scroll anymore to the last one like in v8.x. That's much more practical...!!
There was an EnhReq about that (Item_19), Thanks...!!
Apart from the first time when we "work" on a Script, the only "valid" Reason for reopening a Script regularly to edit it is to modify some Hard-Coded Vars placed at the beginning of the Script for Quick/Easy Access without the Need for the 'Ctrl^f' Search Function if we know ueberhaupt what Keyword to use to locate some Line(s) in the middle of a Script.
- Windows Titles:
All those iMacros "Windows" (the Undocked Side Panel) + the Editor + the 'PROMPT' are all handled as separate FF60 Browser Windows/Instances, which means I already have 4x FF60 Instances with only 1x FF-Profile and only 1x FF-Instance in that Profile. That's already a lot...!, but more annoying/messy is that they all have the same Window Title:
Code: Select all
moz-extension://ac63d4b0-ab97-4256-b647-7b177c688a40 - iMacros - Mozilla Firefox
But from the Windows (Win10) Taskbar, all I can see from hovering on the FF Icon is some "moz-extension://a..." or "moz-extension://ac63d..." for all 3 of them, and I usually need to (wrongly) guess once or twice until I've managed to locate the iMacros Instance I'm looking for..., and it gets quickly messier if I have several Scripts opened in the Editor, ah-ah...!
The Editor for v8.8.2 or v8.9.7 simply uses "[Macro_Name].iim - iMacros Editor" for its Window Title. Perfect and Correct...!