bought license but can't activate

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
les_stockton

bought license but can't activate

Post by les_stockton » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:34 am

I bought the personal license. I went to register using my email, and it said I had to use a company e-mail, which I don't really have. I tried my work email address, but it still said I needed to use a company email address.
So I have a license, but I can't use the product.
Marcia, Tech Support

Re: bought license but can't activate

Post by Marcia, Tech Support » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:48 am

les_stockton wrote:I bought the personal license. I went to register using my email, and it said I had to use a company e-mail, which I don't really have. I tried my work email address, but it still said I needed to use a company email address.
So I have a license, but I can't use the product.
Hi,

I am going to write you an email to the address you used for the beta registration.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:58 am

Hi Les,

What steps did you use to register? I can see your account record in our system, so it looks to me like the registration was successful.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
les_stockton

Post by les_stockton » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:43 am

I was able to get it activated, but then realized that the personal license was for the chrome version. I had been using Firefox with the beta version of imacros that works with the newest Firefox. I'd sure like to continue doing that. What do I have to do to make that happen?
Marcia, Tech Support

Post by Marcia, Tech Support » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:04 pm

Hi,

We are glad you like the new iMacros for Firefox. Thanks.

All you have to do is to uninstall the File Access Beta and install the final version (10.0.2.1446). You also need iMacros for Firefox final version 10.0.2.1450 (installed from Firefox web store.) This file access version is going to work for both Chrome and Firefox (no beta!)