connect-to-fx.vbs

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
sanfric

connect-to-fx.vbs

Post by sanfric » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:32 am

Hello,

I want to do the same thing with I Macros (beta) for Firefox 57 and after. How to do ?
Thanks for your answers.

Sanfric
chivracq

Re: connect-to-fx.vbs

Post by chivracq » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:31 am

sanfric wrote:Hello,

I want to do the same thing with I Macros (beta) for Firefox 57 and after. How to do ?
Thanks for your answers.

Sanfric
Ouf..., your Post is a bit "ecliptic", I had to read it 3 or 4 times to understand what you meant... :roll:
I can't answer it, but I hope for you that the People who might be able to answer it will understand it, ah-ah...!

"same thing" is a bit vague, from '.vbs' is not the Pb I would think (you could have mentioned which Version of the 'Scripting Interface' you are using btw...!, oh, but I see that asking you to mention your FCI was already a bit "problematic" in previous Threads, ah-ah...!, OK, never mind then...), it's more what the FF Add-on will be able to do and which Commands are still supported that your Script is/was using...
Check the Beta Thread and the Release Notes for more Info... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
sanfric

Post by sanfric » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:28 am

hi,
I want to open iMacros for firefox from word. It was possible before with this code

Code: Select all

RetVal = Shell("C:Program Files\Mozilla Firefox55\firefox.exe  imacros://run/?m=TP.iim")
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:27 pm

sanfric wrote:hi,
I want to open iMacros for firefox from word. It was possible before with this code

RetVal = Shell("C:Program Files\Mozilla Firefox55\firefox.exe  imacros://run/?m=TP.iim")
Hum, I think I had tried stg similar (using the 'URL GOTO') in one of the Beta Builds for v10.0.2 for FF and it was not working, I would receive some Error (from the Browser, FF60 or FF61) that "the Address was not understood" and that "the 'imacros' Protocol was not associated with any Application and that some extra Application was maybe required to be installed"... (Approx Wording from memory...)

But I was not using the Scripting Interface, maybe it still works with it, you'll have to test/try by yourself...
(I only tried from the 'URL GOTO' Command, I didn't try from the Command Line from a '.BAT' File... (+ FIO installed of course...))
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
chivracq

Re: Remote control bookmark FireFox

Post by chivracq » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:18 pm

Grrr..., there was no "real need" to start a Duplicate/parallel Thread (that will probably get deleted or merged with this one), you could better have followed up in this current one... :roll:
(And you could always change your Thread Title if you prefer your "new" Title...)
sanfric wrote:Hello eveybody

With Firefox quantum, I would like to launch directly an iMacro in Visual Basic from winword as before with Firefox 55. This command line worked because there was a .iim file. (TP.iim by example)

Dim RetVal
RetVal = Shell("C:\program files\Mozilla Firefox55\firefox.exe imacros://run/?m=TP.iim")
But with Imacros for firefox 10 ( free), I only have boomarks which can not be opened by this method.
Do you have a solution to launch a firefox bookmark in VB ??

Thanks for your help

sanfric

iMacros for firefox free  10.0.2.1450,
Windows 10 version 17134.165
Firefox 61
Oh...!, good...!, nice to see you "finally" manage to post your FCI...! :D

But hum..., like I mentioned previously, you were using some v10.0.2 Beta Build previously, you should have tested already during the Beta Testing Phase, when the 'FIO' Module (needed for File Access) was "available" for Testing and you could have tried if your Syntax first still works with an '.iim' File... Now it's "too late", I still have the latest Beta Build installed (#1440) with the latest FIO Beta Build (#1434 I think...?), but the FIO is not working anymore and has been disabled...
But like I mentioned, I am afraid this Syntax is not supported anymore at all in v10.0.2, but we would need TechSup or some other User(s) to confirm that... :?

But hum, TechSup will probably tell you, that if using '.vbs'/'.vba' Scripts, you then need the 'Scripting Interface' which costs around $5000 if I'm correct, which means you are probably a "Business" User, then you should be using the 'PE' Version (Personal Edition) anyway and not the 'Free' Version which is "Free" for Home Users only, from what I understood from the "new" Licensing Model around v10.x for CR and FF... :wink:
But if using the 'Scripting Edition', you probably/possibly have Access to the 'FIO' Module from your Ipswitch Account... :idea:
(Although I'm not sure you really need the 'Scripting Interface' with that Syntax, ah-ah...! :? )

Some other possible "Solution", if that Syntax is indeed not supported at all anymore in v10.0.x (both for '.iim' Macros and Bookmarks), could be to use Pale Moon for example instead of FF, for which v8.8.2 + v8.8.7 + v8.9.7 still work, and for which your Syntax would still work, I reckon... :idea:
I use myself v8.8.2 for FF (+ PM v26.3.3 on Win10_x64) with Macros started from a '.BAT' File (launched from the Windows Task Scheduler) using the same Syntax like you inside your 'Shell()' Command, and it works... Pretty cool actually...! 8)
I couldn't do without it actually, if it's not supported anymore in v10, pfff...! Even if, hum, I think I might have some Workaround..., but hum..., a bit cumbersome, I'm afraid... But OK, I didn't do any "real" Thinking about it, as I don't use v10 for myself anyway... :wink: