"Play Macro" works but "Play Loop" does not work

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
JenHeil

"Play Macro" works but "Play Loop" does not work

Post by JenHeil » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:15 pm

Hello, I'm new to iMacros and this forum. I love the flexibility of this software and hope to become a black belt ninja :D and help others in the future.

At present, I'm an idiot and cannot figure out why a short script works when I manually click the "Play Macro" button over and over and over (and over and over) but only works once then errors out when I click "Play Loop" button.

I'd assume a loop would simply automate that Play Macro action... Can someone tell me what I'm missing?

I am using the Firefox (61.0.1 (64-bit)) Add-on and my macro and Play Loop error is below:

MACRO:

VERSION BUILD=10021450
URL GOTO=http://www.debate.org/forums/sports/
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:[*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Manage<SP>Topic
TAB OPEN NEW
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Delete<SP>Topic

ERROR:

RuntimeError: element A specified by TXT:[* was not found, line: 3

Note - In order to see both the Manage Topic then Delete Topic links, one must be logged in as an administrator. Therefore, if that is needed to troubleshoot, I will figure out a way to provide that information.

I'll be grateful for any tips or suggestions!

Thank you,
Jen
chivracq

Re: "Play Macro" works but "Play Loop" does not work

Post by chivracq » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:28 pm

JenHeil wrote:Hello, I'm new to iMacros and this forum. I love the flexibility of this software and hope to become a black belt ninja :D and help others in the future.

At present, I'm an idiot and cannot figure out why a short script works when I manually click the "Play Macro" button over and over and over (and over and over) but only works once then errors out when I click "Play Loop" button.

I'd assume a loop would simply automate that Play Macro action... Can someone tell me what I'm missing?

I am using the

Code: Select all

Firefox (61.0.1 (64-bit))
Add-on and my macro and Play Loop error is below:

MACRO:

VERSION BUILD=10021450
URL GOTO=http://www.debate.org/forums/sports/
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:[*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Manage<SP>Topic
TAB OPEN NEW
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Delete<SP>Topic
ERROR:

RuntimeError: element A specified by TXT:[* was not found, line: 3
Note - In order to see both the Manage Topic then Delete Topic links, one must be logged in as an administrator. Therefore, if that is needed to troubleshoot, I will figure out a way to provide that information.

I'll be grateful for any tips or suggestions!

Thank you,
Jen
Welcome to the Forum, [future] "black belt ninja", youpidoo...! 8)
Handy if you can try to mention your FCI a (mini-little) bit more "clearly"... (Read my Sig...):
=> iMacros for FF v10.0.2.1450 'Free'/'PE'...?, Firefox (61.0.1 (64-bit)), OS...?

Hum, I "tried" your Macro in 'Loop' Mode (well, only the first 3 Lines of course) and it works for me..., in my "Prod" Env., but I'm using a much older Version...:
iMacros for FF v8.8.2, Pale Moon v26.3.3 (=FF47), Win10_x64.

Let me check, I have as well some v10.0.2 for FF (Test) Env., still with the previous (Beta) Build #1440, before I update it to "your" #1450 Build... I had previously tested the 'Loop' Functionality, both for the 'Free' and 'PE' Versions, and it was working correctly..., hum..., except that Looping was allowed until x100 if I remember correctly, and not x50 like mentioned in the Release Notes, so maybe stg got changed for that between different Builds, I didn't retest afterwards as I then had the 'FIO' Module for File Access installed, and Looping was not limited then...
If you only have the 'Free' Version, you didn't try by any chance to run your Macro more than 50x times (or 100x if 100x is still allowed...)...?
OK, grrr..., I still have some Script running now (at this moment) on v8.9.7 + FF55 but FF55 and FF61 cannot run a the same time, so I'll have to wait for about 1 hour before I can launch FF61 (and v10.0.2)...

But OK, in the meantime..., I had a look at your Forum..., hum looks like you don't like Music, ah-ah...!, but those Posts that you want to delete were apparently posted by Spammers... If you are Admin of that Forum, can't simply close those Accounts, like you did for one of the Spammers, this [tigrin] Account, and even more than "Close an Account", => Delete that Account and all the Posts/Threads together that were posted by that User...?
+ Same thing for the few other Accounts/Spammers..., and if you as well ban those Users by IP (I wouldn't be surprised if they all have the same IP-Address btw...!) and delete/ban all Accounts associated with that IP (or those IP's), then all Posts will be deleted...? As I suspect those Users never posted anything else than Spam...?

I don't recognize which Framework your Forum is built with/on, but this is all "Standard" Functionality in 'phpBB' for example, for the 'Admin' Role, like used by the iMacros Forum... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
JenHeil

Post by JenHeil » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:44 am

chivracq,

First - Thank you (so dang much!) for trying to help me!
Second - I'll try to answer your questions and better explain.

I am the admin on these forums. This site (Debate.org) is a great concept but is VERY OLD tech stack. I believe the forum was custom built and/or heavily modified in 2007. Within functionality, I can - and have - blocked IP addresses, email addresses and closed the accounts of known spammers. There are also a few members with admin permissions who regularly do the same in order to help promote a quality community (so grateful to them!!)

Anyways, unfortunately, we cannot delete all threads, etc. of a spammer-user in bulk. It has to be done one-by-one... Enter iMacros!

So, (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...

iMacros = iMacros for Firefox, v 10.0.2.1450, Free Version
Browser = Firefox 61.0.1 (64-bit)
OS = Windows 10 Pro, Surface Laptop

One thing I doubt I have set up correctly is the settings for "Play macro repeatedly" above "Play Loop". I have tried various numbers for both Current and Max with no luck. What are the best settings for something like this?

Also, should I go ahead and buy a copy of iMacros? I wasn't sure if that would make a difference with the Firefox add-on.

Thank you!!!!

Jen
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:41 am

JenHeil wrote:chivracq,

First - Thank you (so dang much!) for trying to help me!
Second - I'll try to answer your questions and better explain.

I am the admin on these forums. This site (Debate.org) is a great concept but is VERY OLD tech stack. I believe the forum was custom built and/or heavily modified in 2007. Within functionality, I can - and have - blocked IP addresses, email addresses and closed the accounts of known spammers. There are also a few members with admin permissions who regularly do the same in order to help promote a quality community (so grateful to them!!)

Anyways, unfortunately, we cannot delete all threads, etc. of a spammer-user in bulk. It has to be done one-by-one... Enter iMacros!

So, (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...

iMacros = iMacros for Firefox, v 10.0.2.1450, Free Version
Browser = Firefox 61.0.1 (64-bit)
OS = Windows 10 Pro, Surface Laptop
One thing I doubt I have set up correctly is the settings for "Play macro repeatedly" above "Play Loop". I have tried various numbers for both Current and Max with no luck. What are the best settings for something like this?

Also, should I go ahead and buy a copy of iMacros? I wasn't sure if that would make a difference with the Firefox add-on.

Thank you!!!!

Jen
Ah OK, you are back...! I've been monitoring your Forum a bit, ah-ah...!, shit...!, I love it...! :shock:

Sorry, but it's "nice and funny" for me, from a pure "Web-Automation" Perspective, yesterday they were posting a new Post about every 10-15 sec, from the same Account..., then switching a bit later to another Account..., today, they manage to post 1 Post per 1-2 sec, and each time from a different Account (all Accounts created yesterday apparently), and I wouldn't be surprised if they keep creating new Accounts..., but all Accounts I checked already have 250-350 Posts each, oops...!!, that hurts...! :cry:

OK, as you didn't react "very quickly" since yesterday, I still haven't tried again running v10.0.2, because I cannot use FF55 and FF61 at the same time... But OK, I launched FF61 now, with iMacros v10.0.2.1440 (Beta), still working except that FIO is now disabled... => Forced to work with Bookmarks instead of '.iim' Files, OK, currently looping your Script 100x times if it works..., yep, I'm now at Loop=57, so I'm already beyond the 50x... (I specified 100x in the 'Max' Field...)
But I'm still in some "Semi-Beta" Environment, I let this Test finish before updating to #1450, then I'll be in the Env. like all "Free" Users...

And my Test runs slowly because of the many Trackers you've got on your Site... ('BlueKai', 'Facebook Connect', 'Google Analytics', 'Facebook Social P... stg', 'OwnerIQ', 'TynT', 'Google Publisher', and I still miss a few I think... :roll: ), I have to run my Script with '!ERRORIGNORE' as iMacros throws directly otherwise some RuntimeError and aborts the Script:

RuntimeError: Navigation error occurred while loading url http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Edebate%2Eorg%2Fforums%2Fsports%2F&layout=button_count&show_faces=true&width=100&action=like&colorscheme=light&height=21, details: Error code 2152924148, line: 6
(... on the 'URL GOTO' Line...)
I didn't get that Error at all yesterday when testing on v8.8.2 + PM v26.3.3, and I didn't need to activate '!ERRORIGNORE'...

OK, 100x Loops, it went OK..., Script just finished... So the Limit is at least 100x, I would think... And indeed, if I try more than 100x Loops, 101x for example...:

FreewareLimit: Freeware version limit exceeded: number of iterations 101 exceeds max value 100
Oh...!, but here is a Bug already...!: After getting that RuntimeError, the 'Play Loop' remains completely disabled, even if you lower the 'Max' Value back to 100 or below, the 'Play Loop' becomes active again only if you play the Macro once with the 'Play Macro' Button, or if you close and reopen the Side Panel. (Clearing the 'Display' Panel didn't help...)

But hum, you should investigate anyway from the Admin Functionality for your Forum Interface, how to ban and delete all Posts from a User at once, I can't believe that Functionality is not included..., and set New Users on first getting 1-2-3 Posts manually approved by a Mod/Admin before they can post "freely" (like on our Forum), hum, already too late for the ones with 250-350 Posts, oops...! :wink:

OK, I'll post now my Post..., as I need a bit of time to install Build #1450..., I suspect I first need to completely uninstall the Beta Version, and to reinstall iMacros from the Add-on Gallery...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:39 am

Hum..., it's about "your time" to check the Forum (OUR forum...! :wink: ), you are not reactive enough... 1 Post every 24h is not enough, your Spammers keep flooding your own Forum a 1 Post/Spam per Second nearly, and this since 48h..., oops...! I let you do the Count...! :shock: :shock:
I see most Spam-Accounts now have already [400-450] Posts...

I can do "Delete one Post per Sec" as well myself, or I could go up to [5-10] Posts per Sec I think, with several (FF) Profiles, but I could only dedicate one Profile for that Task, I have other Scripts running as well..., but you need to stop first those Spammers, that they can't post anymore, otherwise it's just a "Race"...
(Interesting though, for Web-Automation :wink: , I play a few "Games" about that..., ah-ah...! :twisted: (This is actually how I first discovered iMacros, about 10 years ago now, I think..., I still use that very first Script once a year, it still works and I hardly tuned it a little bit..., for some funny Halloween Game, always competing with the same other Players, nobody ever managed to beat us, ah-ah...!, even 10 years later, we are both 10x-20x sometimes 50x times faster than any other Player, ah-ah...!, me with iMacros, him with some "other Solution"...))

But hum, if you really don't come out by yourself from the Admin Interface where I'm pretty sure all the Functionality you need is already implemented, I'm willing to have a "Look"...! :idea:
=> Make sure you make a Backup of your Forum, or have a Backup from between "now" and 48h ago when the Spamming began (but if you needed to go back to some Backup (from 48h ago), all "Legit" Posts/Topics since that Time would also be lost...

=> I could register to your Forum..., and you grant me 'Super Admin" Powers, ah-ah...! (I hope you trust me then, ah-ah...! :shock: )

=>Then OK, I'll have a Look at that Forum Admin Interface and Functionality..., identifying all those Spammers is not very difficult..., you'll give me very_precise_Instructions what to do with those Accounts, depending on the Functionality available..., then I can [do nothing or] stop/block/close/delete/(+all Posts)/ban IP(s)/whatever... for all those Fake-Users, and depending on how many Accounts they created, either manually (but I had the Feeling they already have quite a lot of Accounts at their disposal), or I can created a Script to do so...

=> And if Posts indeed really need to be deleted one by one (once those Accounts have been "stopped"), then I make the Script (and run it myself, I will monitor it, in case stg "goes wrong" especially in the beginning, then I can intervene directly and correct myself directly, your original "ATTR=TXT:[*" for example is not valid anymore, as Posts now wear the 3 Titles "[DOWNLOAD]" + "{DOWNLOAD}" + "[Ful.L.Album]" + and probably more I would think, from the Dot in the Middle of "Ful.L[.Album]", I guess they are trying to use several "Variations"..., but OK, I will find the "Best Solution", ah-ah...!, don't worry, their Script is very "basic/stupid" anyway, ah-ah...! :roll: )
[Oh-oh...!, you just gave me a wonderful Idea, ah-ah...! 8) (Don't worry, I won't turn into a Spammer, ah-ah...!, I'm cooooommmpletely Anti-Spam myself, I even refuse to help on the Forum for Like/Follow/Subscribe/Comment/Message/etc for Social Media that I consider "Fake" and "Spam"...)]

When I say "run it myself", at least in the beginning, until I'm confident it works fine and reliably (and doesn't delete Legit Posts of course, ah-ah...!), then I could/would hand it over to you..., as if 48h of Spams a 1 Spam per Sec approx need to be deleted one by one, then I guess a similar iMacros Script will probably need about the same time to delete them all, ah-ah...! :shock:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:13 pm

Hum, OK, no Reply, I guess you are not in a "Hurry" then, to get rid of that 'Spam-Plague", ah-ah...! :shock:

From a Check on your Site/Forum, I see the Spamming keeps taking place right now, hum, looks like we have a "Winner"...!: [tigia], with already 16,000 Posts/Spams in 2 Days, ah-ah...! :roll: , they are currently increasing at about [8-10] per Min from that Account right now, but hum, your Pb actually already started 1 Month ago, I see, as I see they are re-posting in existing 'DOWNLOAD' Threads created 1 Month ago already, with a whole bunch of different Accounts..., and all from the same IP, I reckon...

Checking a few of those Accounts that they indeed all have the same IP, ban that IP + delete all Accounts associated with that IP + delete all Posts associated with those Accounts would probably solve your Pb in just one "Action"... :idea:

This is "basic" Forum Admin Functionality, I cannot believe your Forum Software/Software doesn't have such Functionality, it looks pretty "sophisticated" actually (for the User Interface already, and I'm not even registered), much more than 'phpBB' we use for our Forum actually, which does contain all that "Standard" Admin Functionality...
If you know the Name of that Forum Framework and can't find such Functionality in the Admin Interface, they probably have a Support Forum or a Developer that would probably be able (and willing) to help you... :idea:

Well, good luck anyway... :wink: