Configuration iMacro: Directories are not saved

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Doc

Configuration iMacro: Directories are not saved

Post by Doc » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:06 pm

- Win 7-64
- imacros for Firefox (latest version)
- imcaros for chrome (latest version)
- Personal Edition

Good evening!
(in advance: English is not your native language)

When configuring the imacros, the settings for the macros location will be overwritten the next time the browser is called (chrome, firefox).
The previously stored directories (<Path Settings>) are not taken into account but the default directory is entered.
The settings under <General settings> as well as the <Security settings> are no longer available and must be reentered each time.

Does anyone of the pros have an idea?
Thank you -
Doc
chivracq

Re: Configuration iMacro: Directories are not saved

Post by chivracq » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:25 pm

Doc wrote:- Win 7-64
- imacros for Firefox (latest version)
- imcaros for chrome (latest version)
- Personal Edition

Good evening!
(in advance: English is not your native language)

When configuring the imacros, the settings for the macros location will be overwritten the next time the browser is called (chrome, firefox).
The previously stored directories (<Path Settings>) are not taken into account but the default directory is entered.
The settings under <General settings> as well as the <Security settings> are no longer available and must be reentered each time.

Does anyone of the pros have an idea?
Thank you -
Doc
No need to open Duplicates on this Forum... => Duplicate deleted... :roll:

FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
"Latest" is always vague and usually leaves a 4x4=16 Matrix to choose from (for each Browser...!), + won't mean anything in a few weeks/months/years, + FF/CR Browser Versions missing...

Thread opened in the 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum...
=> Probably iMacros for FF v10.0.2.1450 'PE' + FF61.0.1 + Win7_x64 => Correct...?

But yep, Path Settings a bit buggy like I had reported during the Beta Phase for v10.0.2, never saw any Change (Log) later, but "it" should work in the end...

For v10.0.2 for FF, same for CR I think, those Settings are now kept in the Win-Registry... (previously in 'about:config'), you don't have by any chance some Registry Monitoring Tool (from your Anti-Virus for example) that might revert your Registry to some previous Version each time you reboot if any App made any Modifications to it...?
Or maybe you start FF + CR in "Private Mode"...?

Check that Beta Thread anyway, there was some User during the Beta Phase who had a similar Pb like you... (Got solved...) :idea:

>>>

And yep, "English is not MY native language", good Guess...! :shock:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
Doc

Post by Doc » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:35 am

Correctly: FF: 61.01 (64 bit) iMacro: 10.0.2.1450

Already helped
= Path problem
- Registry changed by hand
- solved

= Parameters for General settings
- not found in registry
or is too uncertain for me
- It's also OK without that

= Parameer for Security settings:
Need the setting
"enter a temporary master password"
- guess somewhere a Reg entry with true or false
- goes to need without synonymous

And yes:
»Omne tulit punctum, qui miscuit utile dulci«
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:08 pm

Doc wrote:Correctly:

Code: Select all

FF: 61.01 (64 bit) iMacro: 10.0.2.1450
Already helped
= Path problem
- Registry changed by hand
- solved

= Parameters for General settings
- not found in registry
or is too uncertain for me
- It's also OK without that

= Parameer for Security settings:
Need the setting
"enter a temporary master password"
- guess somewhere a Reg entry with true or false
- goes to need without synonymous

And yes:
»Omne tulit punctum, qui miscuit utile dulci«
"Cur in iMacroscorum vitiis tam cernis acutum...!?" :wink:

But, nope..., "normal" I think, the Paths Settings set in the Registry are set and accessed there by the 'FIO' Module (for File Access), I don't think an Add-on can access the Registry directly, I'm not sure where the "other" iMacros Settings are kept "now", nothing more is kept in the 'about:config' when I had checked in one of the Builds during the Test Phase...

And I didn't do any Testing with the 'Password' Functionality..., except some "basic" GUI Checks...

But hum, stg else that could also play a Role (both for CR and FF), is if you synchronize your Profile(s) between different Computers/Devices..., that could explain why those Settings get "lost"/reset next time you re-launch FF or CR on one specific Computer... :?
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
KingTutt

Post by KingTutt » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:05 am

- Win 7-64
- FF 61.0.2-64
- imacros for Firefox (10.0.2.1450))
- Free Plugin version (no file access module)

Did I miss anything or are all settings regarding imacros plugin not saved when firefox is closed? I tried to set recorder setting, player setting and to enter a master password in security settings, but none of the setting is saved. I do understand, that some features as explained first are not available without file access module, but does this affect all other settings, too? If so, it would be nice if that could be pointed out clearly.....

Any regards on that? Thanks in advance