Clipboard does not stick properly

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
sanfric

Clipboard does not stick properly

Post by sanfric » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:17 pm

hello,
I use

Code: Select all

TAG POS = 1 TYPE = INPUT: TEXT FORM = NAME: PAGE_ARTICLES_NEW_TEXT ATTR = ID: A6 CONTENT = {{! Clipboard}}

To paste a text from winword into a form. Problem: Clipboard does not paste my text respecting the original paragraphs. It changes line after 75-80 characters.

Example
Original text :
" Le Valcor va ouvrir une nouvelle déchèterie à Guerloc'h. à l’horizon 2020 sur un terrain de 12.000 m², en contrebas de l'ancienne usine de déshydratation du fourrage de Guerloc'h, 15.000 utilisateurs. Elle remplacera la déchèterie de Stang Blanc ouverte en 1990 qui ne dispose pas d’un espace suffisant pour loger les caissons et dont l’aire de réception des végétaux est devenue trop exiguë".
Pasted text
"Le Valcor va ouvrir une nouvelle déchèterie à Guerloc'h à
l'horizon 2020 sur un terrain de 12.000 m², en contrebas de l'ancienne usine de
déshydratation du fourrage de Guerloc'h, 15.000 utilisateurs. Elle remplacera
la déchèterie de Stang Blanc ouverte en 1990 qui ne dispose pas d'un espace
suffisant pour loger les caissons et dont l'aire de réception des végétaux est
devenue trop exiguë".

Does anyone have an explanation and a solution?

Windows 10
Firefox 61.0.2
iMacros for Firefox 10.0.2.1450
chivracq

Re: Clipboard does not stick properly

Post by chivracq » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:39 pm

sanfric wrote:hello,
I use

TAG POS = 1 TYPE = INPUT: TEXT FORM = NAME: PAGE_ARTICLES_NEW_TEXT ATTR = ID: A6 CONTENT = {{! Clipboard}}

To paste a text from winword into a form. Problem: Clipboard does not paste my text respecting the original paragraphs. It changes line after 75-80 characters.

Example
Original text :
" Le Valcor va ouvrir une nouvelle déchèterie à Guerloc'h. à l’horizon 2020 sur un terrain de 12.000 m², en contrebas de l'ancienne usine de déshydratation du fourrage de Guerloc'h, 15.000 utilisateurs. Elle remplacera la déchèterie de Stang Blanc ouverte en 1990 qui ne dispose pas d’un espace suffisant pour loger les caissons et dont l’aire de réception des végétaux est devenue trop exiguë".

Pasted text
"Le Valcor va ouvrir une nouvelle déchèterie à Guerloc'h à
l'horizon 2020 sur un terrain de 12.000 m², en contrebas de l'ancienne usine de
déshydratation du fourrage de Guerloc'h, 15.000 utilisateurs. Elle remplacera
la déchèterie de Stang Blanc ouverte en 1990 qui ne dispose pas d'un espace
suffisant pour loger les caissons et dont l'aire de réception des végétaux est
devenue trop exiguë".

Does anyone have an explanation and a solution?

Windows 10
Firefox 61.0.2
iMacros for Firefox 10.0.2.1450
Hum, you need to mention now if you use the 'Free' or 'PE' Version, for iMacros v10.x for CR/FF...?

Euh..., Explanation, nope, not really, except that the '!CLIPBOARD' Functionality only got implemented in one of the late Builds during the Beta-Testing Phase for v10.2 for FF, and I had tested at that time with only some very "simple" Content, already "happy" to see that '{{!CLIPBOARD}}' was then implemented and seemed to work...

Workaround, yep, I might have 2..., if you first could check that you get the same "Result" in a 'PROMPT' with your "raw" Clipboard...

SET Clipboard_1 EVAL("var s='{{!CLIPBOARD}}'; var z=s.split('<BR>').join(''); z;")
SET Clipboard_2 EVAL("var s='{{!CLIPBOARD}}'; var z=s.split('\\n').join(''); z;")
PROMPT Original_Clipboard:<BR>{{!CLIPBOARD}}<BR><BR>Clipboard_1:<BR>{{Clipboard_1}}<BR><BR>Clipboard_2:<BR>{{Clipboard_2}}
Not tested..., depending on what "works" a bit, you may want to try some other "Flavours" with the 2nd Workaround, with '\\r\\n' instead of just '\\n', and with "real" (Escaped) Double Quotes instead of the Single Quotes I used...

And if using the 'Free' Version, you'll need to replace "my" User Defined Vars with '!VAR1' + '!VAR2' of course...!

And when posting a Script on the Forum, you should pay attention to (and remove) all extra Spaces added by your French OS/Editor/Browser...
Last edited by chivracq on Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:56 am

And...?, one week later, as you are checking the Forum right now (again...!, as I think you checked it already a few times since my last Reply)..., any Follow-up or is everybody supposed to be "at your Service" ...!? :roll:

(Last time I was trying to help you if you don't follow up on this/your Thread(s), I was "being nice" for this one, as I've already "complained" a bit several times on how you "use" the Forum and handle your Threads..., to very little Avail until now..., (hum, you finally mentioned your FCI without me having to ask 20 times and get into some "Argument", that was a good Start for this one though, but no Follow-up afterwards is usually a "Show-Stopper" for me...), is my "Perception" anyway... :idea: )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
sanfric

Post by sanfric » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:08 am

Hello
What do you mean? I do not understand. Write in basic English because I have to use a translator.

sanfric
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:47 pm

sanfric wrote:Hello
What do you mean? I do not understand. Write in basic English because I have to use a translator.

sanfric
... => That I gave you several Workarounds 1 week ago now and that I am still waiting for you to follow up and to mention if any work(s)... :roll:
Not my "Role" to go chasing you for some Follow-up...!
sanfric

Post by sanfric » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:44 am

Hello,

Sorry, but I did not understand how to adapt your suggestions in my Imacro.
And if using the 'Free' Version, you'll need to replace "my" User Defined Vars with '!VAR1' + '!VAR2' of course...!
Sanfric
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:53 am

sanfric wrote:Hello,

Sorry, but I did not understand how to adapt your suggestions in my Imacro.
Sanfric
Oh, well..., never mind then... :|