Launch imacros from terminal using imacros://run/?m=

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
chivracq

Re: Launch imacros from terminal using imacros://run/?m=

Post by chivracq » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:53 pm

groundfalling wrote:found a workaround clicking the dialog box to uncheck and click 'play' using

Code: Select all

xdotool
next issue is finding a solution for 50 lines limit in the macro code. could you suggest anything?
Yeah, this 'xdotool' Tool looks indeed like it is an "Equivalent" like 'AHK' or 'AutoIt' for Ubuntu... 8)
(Could be nice if you could share your 'xdotool' Script btw... :idea: )

>>>

For the "50 Line Limit", foufffff...!, I haven't really done any "Thinking" about it, as I don't use v10.0.2 at all for myself so I haven't been "confronted" with that Limit...

Hum..., can't have a Macro call another Macro as the 'URL GOTO=imacros://run/?m=' Syntax is not supported either, grrr...!

Do you still have the same Limit with an embedded Macro in your '.html' Page...? Hum, yeah, I guess so...

Maybe you can play with the 'EventListener' and have several Macros play after each other...? :idea:

OK..., one "Solution" that should work, I think..., but it's a bit "cumbersome", ah-ah...! And it's actually already a "better" and more generic Solution for the embedded Macro, as you can reuse the same '.html' Page for different Macros, ah-ah...!

=> '.html' Page with the embedded Mechanism on TAB_1.
Your '.iim' (File) Macro opened on TAB_2. ('.iim' Files are "simple" Text Files that you can open like any '.txt' Files in your Browser...).
Have your "original" '.iim' Script "truncated" in, say, "Sub-Macros" of about 30 or 40 Lines of Code, and separated with some "unique" Separator like "[MACRO_SUB]" for example... Oh...!, no...!, even better!, simply repeat the 'VERSION' Command at the beginning of each Sub-part, ah-ah...!
And you need to repeat also all '!TIMEOUT_xxx' + '!ERRORIGNORE' etc Settings as those get reset for each Macro executed...
Have the "first" 'e_m64' Macro navigate to TAB_2, extract the whole Macro, using 'EVAL()', split it on the 'VERSION xxx' Line, "keep" only 1 'split()' Part (starting at Index=1 because of the first 'VERSION' Line), go back to TAB_1, re-append that Mechanism (hum, might be better to use 3 separate Vars), have the Macro overwrite the 'e_m64' Var (or the 2nd Var), and some 'REFRESH' needs also to be included..., + need to keep track of the 'split()'-Index..., maybe using the OS Clipboard... Same thing if different Sub-Macros need to reuse some '!VARn'... (Hum, it all sounds a bit messy, ah-ah...! :oops: )...
The 'REFRESH' will force reloading the '.html' Page that will then execute the first Part of the Macro + repeat the "Automorphism" Mechanism for Part 2, refresh to execute Part 2 and prepare for Part 3, etc...
Might need to concatenate the 'e_m64' Var from 3 Vars, Base64 encoded on the fly...

Hum, like I said, is "cumbersome" and sounds a bit messy, it won't work directly, you'll need to "experiment" a bit, if you get the "Principle", ah-ah...! It's just an "Idea"... :twisted:

And pfff..., for myself..., I would go "customizing" the Add-on, oops...! It's "Open-Source" after all...! That "50" Limit must be hard-coded somewhere, with some "IF fio.exe Not Found => Limit=50" or stg like that..., then simply increase that Limit to 100 or 1000 or 10000, ah-ah...! :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:50 pm

Hum, looks like you are a bit "lucky", ah-ah...!: Some other User just posted a POC on the "(asynchronous) EventListener" Method I had mentioned...:
- How to launch a macro >50 lines from the command line.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
groundfalling

Post by groundfalling » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:35 am

Yeah, this 'xdotool' Tool looks indeed like it is an "Equivalent" like 'AHK' or 'AutoIt' for Ubuntu... 8)
i used

xdotool mousemove x y click 1
to uncheck the dialog box and than again to click the PLAY button.'click 1' would click once while 'x' and 'y' would be the position of mousecurser which can be checked determined through

xdotool getmouselocation
i also used

xdotool windowsize $(xdotool getactivewindow) 100% 100%
to maximize the dialog box before clicking to have the better accuracy to click and than used 'wmctrl' to close the active window if need be

wmctrl -ic $(xdotool getactivewindow)
both 'xdotool' and 'wmctrl' are not pre installed and can be installed through

sudo apt-get install wmctrl

sudo apt-get install xdotool
but this method is only usefull if you launch browsers in sequence one after the other.

I had the similar idea in mind to launch multiple HTM files to overcome the 50 limit and yes the 50 lines limit is there even when you run the code from HTM file.
The main issue i'm facing at the moment is with

macroCode += 'set !errorignore yes\n';
not doing what it is suppose to do in the HTM file. if a url fails to load for whatever reason, which happens often in my case, it does not ignore it and gives out the run time error prompt and pretty much pauses the macro until the error prompt is closed manually and url is refreshed to load again. Any idea why '!errorignore yes' is not working in HTM? is there any other way to workaround it?
groundfalling

Post by groundfalling » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:08 am

chivracq,
would really appreciate your help here, in the below code what change should i make that if the macro cannot find the attribute "CLASS=user-link" on the page 'https://forum.imacros.net' only than it should move to case2 and open "https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/" otherwise i should stay in case 1 and close the tab.

<html>
   <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <body onload="window.setTimeout('document.getElementById(\'criimlaunch\').click();', 1000);">
        <script>
      //This function gets called once per macro (synchronously).  
      function main(macroId){
         var macroCode = "";
         switch(macroId){
         case 1:
		  macroCode += 'SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 90\n';
		  macroCode += 'SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 10\n';
		  macroCode += 'url GOTO=https://forum.imacros.net/\n';
		  macroCode += 'TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS\n';
                  macroCode += 'set !errorignore no\n';
		  macroCode += 'TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=CLASS:user-link\n';
		  macroCode += 'TAB CLOSE\n';
            break;
         case 2:
		  macroCode += 'url GOTO=https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/imacros-for-firefox/versions/\n';
            break;
         default:
            // No more code to run
            return;
         }
         //Now append the macro code needed to generate a custom event as the last line of the macro
         macroCode += eventMacro(macroId);
         launchMacro(macroCode);
      }

//This function adds the code needed to generate a custom event into the iMacros EVAL command
      function eventMacro(macroId){
         eventCode = "";
         eventCode += 'SET !VAR1 EVAL("' +
            //To allow the event listener to have the permissions to read the event detail, 
            //the detail must be cloned into the document.
            //See here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/CustomEvent#Firing_from_privileged_code_to_non-privileged_code
            'var clonedDetail = cloneInto({id:'+macroId+'}, document.defaultView);' +
            //Now create the event (with the macro id number) and dispatch it
            'var event = new CustomEvent(\\"iMacrosFinished\\", {detail:clonedDetail});' +
            'document.dispatchEvent(event);")\n';
         return eventCode;
      }

//This function runs the macro using the supplied code
        function launchMacro(macroCode){
            try{
                    if(!/^(?:chrome|https?|file)/.test(location)){
                  alert('iMacros: Open webpage to run a macro.');
                  return;
               }

var macro = {}; 
               macro.source = macroCode;
               macro.name = 'EmbeddedMacro';

// create and dispatch the event
               var event = new CustomEvent('iMacrosRunMacro', {detail: macro});
               window.dispatchEvent(event);
         }catch(e){
                alert('iMacros error: '+e.toString());
            };
        }

//Add a listener to catch the event created by the last line of the macro
      document.addEventListener("iMacrosFinished", function(e){
         //Call the main function requesting the next macro
         main(e.detail.id+1);
      });

</script>

<a id="criimlaunch" href="javascript:main(1);">Launch iMacros</a>

</body>
</html>
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:01 pm

groundfalling wrote:
i used

xdotool mousemove x y click 1
to uncheck the dialog box and than again to click the PLAY button.'click 1' would click once while 'x' and 'y' would be the position of mousecurser which can be checked determined through

xdotool getmouselocation
i also used

xdotool windowsize $(xdotool getactivewindow) 100% 100%
to maximize the dialog box before clicking to have the better accuracy to click and than used 'wmctrl' to close the active window if need be

wmctrl -ic $(xdotool getactivewindow)
both 'xdotool' and 'wmctrl' are not pre installed and can be installed through

sudo apt-get install wmctrl

sudo apt-get install xdotool
but this method is only usefull if you launch browsers in sequence one after the other.
Nice, could be useful for other Ubuntu/Linux Users...
groundfalling wrote:I had the similar idea in mind to launch multiple HTM files to overcome the 50 limit and yes the 50 lines limit is there even when you run the code from HTM file.
The main issue i'm facing at the moment is with

not doing what it is suppose to do in the HTM file. if a url fails to load for whatever reason, which happens often in my case, it does not ignore it and gives out the run time error prompt and pretty much pauses the macro until the error prompt is closed manually and url is refreshed to load again. Any idea why '!errorignore yes' is not working in HTM? is there any other way to workaround it?
Yeah, I don't really know..., I had reported it during the Beta-Testing, is even "worse" if you have some 'EVAL()' after the '!TIMEOUT_PAGE', Script will simply hang...

Some possible Workaround in your Case could be to keep your '.html' Page on Tab_1 (and your Script to run on Tab_2), and you know approx how much time your Script takes to run "successfully" your 50 Lines, then if say after 3 min it has not finished and not come back to Tab_1, force a Refresh of the '.html' Page from the Page itself... But I'm not sure it will dismiss a Popup..., although I had reported that those Popups were not Modal, which could be an Advantage in your Case...
groundfalling wrote:chivracq,
would really appreciate your help here, in the below code what change should i make that if the macro cannot find the attribute "CLASS=user-link" on the page 'https://forum.imacros.net' only than it should move to case2 and open "https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/" otherwise i should stay in case 1 and close the tab.

<html>
   <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <body onload="window.setTimeout('document.getElementById(\'criimlaunch\').click();', 1000);">
        <script>
      //This function gets called once per macro (synchronously).  
      function main(macroId){
         var macroCode = "";
         switch(macroId){
         case 1:
		  macroCode += 'SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 90\n';
		  macroCode += 'SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 10\n';
		  macroCode += 'url GOTO=https://forum.imacros.net/\n';
		  macroCode += 'TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS\n';
                  macroCode += 'set !errorignore no\n';
		  macroCode += 'TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=CLASS:user-link\n';
		  macroCode += 'TAB CLOSE\n';
            break;
         case 2:
		  macroCode += 'url GOTO=https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/imacros-for-firefox/versions/\n';
            break;
         default:
            // No more code to run
            return;
         }
         //Now append the macro code needed to generate a custom event as the last line of the macro
         macroCode += eventMacro(macroId);
         launchMacro(macroCode);
      }

//This function adds the code needed to generate a custom event into the iMacros EVAL command
      function eventMacro(macroId){
         eventCode = "";
         eventCode += 'SET !VAR1 EVAL("' +
            //To allow the event listener to have the permissions to read the event detail, 
            //the detail must be cloned into the document.
            //See here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/CustomEvent#Firing_from_privileged_code_to_non-privileged_code
            'var clonedDetail = cloneInto({id:'+macroId+'}, document.defaultView);' +
            //Now create the event (with the macro id number) and dispatch it
            'var event = new CustomEvent(\\"iMacrosFinished\\", {detail:clonedDetail});' +
            'document.dispatchEvent(event);")\n';
         return eventCode;
      }

//This function runs the macro using the supplied code
        function launchMacro(macroCode){
            try{
                    if(!/^(?:chrome|https?|file)/.test(location)){
                  alert('iMacros: Open webpage to run a macro.');
                  return;
               }

var macro = {}; 
               macro.source = macroCode;
               macro.name = 'EmbeddedMacro';

// create and dispatch the event
               var event = new CustomEvent('iMacrosRunMacro', {detail: macro});
               window.dispatchEvent(event);
         }catch(e){
                alert('iMacros error: '+e.toString());
            };
        }

//Add a listener to catch the event created by the last line of the macro
      document.addEventListener("iMacrosFinished", function(e){
         //Call the main function requesting the next macro
         main(e.detail.id+1);
      });

</script>

<a id="criimlaunch" href="javascript:main(1);">Launch iMacros</a>

</body>
</html>
Yep, have a look at "my" (last) Solution/Syntax to close a Tab/Window in the following Thread/Post (+ some last Post in the same Thread where I just posted some Update about v10.0.2) as this Syntax can easily be used for a "Conditional CLOSE"...
groundfalling

Post by groundfalling » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:51 pm

Yep, have a look at "my" (last) Solution/Syntax to close a Tab/Window in the following Thread/Post (+ some last Post in the same Thread where I just posted some Update about v10.0.2) as this Syntax can easily be used for a "Conditional CLOSE"...
Thank you for your response, closing the tab or window is not an issue, i just added it in the code as an example. My only issue at the moment is how to make the script goto case 2 part of the code if there occurs any error in case 1 part of the code.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:57 pm

groundfalling wrote:
Thank you for your response, closing the tab or window is not an issue, i just added it in the code as an example. My only issue at the moment is how to make the script goto case 2 part of the code if there occurs any error in case 1 part of the code.
Ah..., OK... Yeah well, then don't make Macro_1 and Macro_2 asynchronous with Macro_2 waiting for Macro_1 to finish, but force Macro_2 to play after a fixed Timer...
groundfalling

Post by groundfalling » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:46 am

I'm a bit lost here, The code shared by engeeaitch https://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29768 runs PROMPTS for both case 1 and case 2 one after the other. But in my code the case 2 part of the marco is not running at all, it only runs the case1 part of the code and than imacros stops.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:35 pm

groundfalling wrote:I'm a bit lost here, The code shared by engeeaitch https://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29768 runs PROMPTS for both case 1 and case 2 one after the other. But in my code the case 2 part of the marco is not running at all, it only runs the case1 part of the code and than imacros stops.
Yeah, I don't really know either, I always find it a bit difficult to follow the cumbersome Workflow of JS Scripts, Reason why I never used them...

Use 'PROMPT' and 'PAUSE' ('!SINGLESTEP' not supported anymore in v10.0.2) to follow and debug your Script...

But I see you go to some URL, try to tag a non-existing Element and fire a 'TAB CLOSE' on your last Tab which I expect will close the Browser...

But good, you've posted in the 'How-to' Thread by the User who made this Script, they will know much better than me...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:57 am

chivracq wrote:And pfff..., for myself..., I would go "customizing" the Add-on, oops...! It's "Open-Source" after all...! That "50" Limit must be hard-coded somewhere, with some "IF fio.exe Not Found => Limit=50" or stg like that..., then simply increase that Limit to 100 or 1000 or 10000, ah-ah...! :idea:
Some mini-Update on that part... 8)

Yep, took me indeed less than 2 min to locate where "this" Limit is set (+ all Freeware Limits all together at the same place, (in some 'bg.js' Script), and to extend them), + another 2-3 min to modify the Add-on...

But hum, big "Hassle" after that to pass the Add-on Sign-in Process with the "customized" Add-on then..., complete pain in the ass...! :shock:
(I've been using my "own" customized iMacros for FF Add-on since about 8 years, first time it looks like a "Challenge", ah-ah...!, I will get it to work if I want it, no doubt about that, but pfff..., what a Hassle...! FF-Support Site asked me about my "Opinion" in some "Survey", I said "Stop copying Chrome, and give Users Control back to the Browser"... (in the big lines...!))
I managed to run it using 'Debug Add-ons' + 'Load temporary Add-ons', works OK, and I was able to check that it works OK, could run a 200 Line Macro, no "Line 51 Macro too long, Limit is 50 Lines" or stg like that...

i quickly tried to tweak all 'about:config' Settings about Add-on and Signed or not, to get "my" Add-on accepted, they don't seem to do anything..., but I'm using FF (v62) Portable, all those Settings even still present in FF Portable seem according to the FF Documentation to be more "aimed" at FF Developer Edition + one other "Flavour"...
That Add-on Sign-in Process seems to have been "hardened" since FF48..., hum, I can still install whatever I want on FF55, but I tweaked that Version for several years, so I still have (Full) Control over it, I didn't touch anything to FF60-62 Portable Default Install...
(I only installed it for the Beta-Testing, I never intended to use it for myself..., well unless very good "Results" with v10.0.2, [which was definitely not the case, ah-ah...! :shock: ], and I thought I might get some 'PE' Version from TechSup if they wanted me to keep supporting/helping for that Version, but nope... [But hum, the 'Free' Version is actually nearly more fun and more interesting and more challenging for me, I would think... 8) ])

But OK, the 'Debug' thing + 'Temporary' works, not pretty straightforward, Add-on needs to be loaded again next time I start FF62 Portable, or I would need to sign myself "my own" Add-on..., Procedure [here]..., [oh oops, I had the Link in FF62, I might launch that stupid Browser in 2 weeks again when I don't have anything else to do, ah-ah...!], pfff..., way too cumbersome in my Opinion...!, and I won't be using this Version anyway, I won't go digging any further I think... :roll:
groundfalling

Post by groundfalling » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:18 am

Kindly share the XPI here and would it install and work by simply replacing it with the original iMacros 10?
groundfalling

Post by groundfalling » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:27 am

how does the '!errorignore NO' work on your modified xpi? does it skip the macros if some condition is not met like in 8.9.7? I'm assuming in the absence of 50 line limit it will also allow to call more than one macro and skip any of the macro if a condition is not met with the use of '!errorignore NO' . Could you kindly confirm this? Thank you
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:38 am

groundfalling wrote:Kindly share the XPI here and would it install and work by simply replacing it with the original iMacros 10?
Beh, no, that's what I tried to explain about the Sign-in Hassle...
Can't (and don't really want to) share the '.xpi' File "here", I only quickly changed a few Vars/Values for Testing, Upload Limit to the Forum is 256Kb anyway, File is much larger, hassle again with uploading it "somewhere" or sending it per E-mail (which I don't do anymore, complete hassle again), simply edit the 'bg.js' Script yourself like I already mentioned... Editing the Add-on is the "easy" part, ah-ah...!
(I use '7-zip' to edit it directly inside the '.zip'/'.xpi' File, I've already completely explained the "Procedure" I use in some other Thread, a few years ago...)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:43 am

groundfalling wrote:how does the '!errorignore NO' work on your modified xpi? does it skip the macros if some condition is not met like in 8.9.7? I'm assuming in the absence of 50 line limit it will also allow to call more than one macro and skip any of the macro if a condition is not met with the use of '!errorignore NO' . Could you kindly confirm this? Thank you
Oh...!, I don't know, I only modified the 'Free' Limits and ran some "fake" Macro (= some Demo C&P'ed 3 or 4 times in a row to reach about 150 Lines), as I cannot run any of my own Macros anymore as they all use User Defined Vars, I didn't (try to) "tweak" anything else, which means no change for your '!ERRORIGNORE' Qt...
groundfalling

Post by groundfalling » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:05 am

Could you please confirm if only this part needs to be changed and nothing else? Thank you

function getLimits() {
    let defaultLimits = {
        maxVariables: 3,
        maxCSVRows: 100,
        maxCSVCols: 3,
        maxMacroLen: 50,
        maxIterations: 100
    }