How to press keys in iMacros 10?

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
groundfalling

How to press keys in iMacros 10?

Post by groundfalling » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:26 am

iMacros 10.0.2.1450 Free
Firefox 61.0.1
Ubuntu 16.0.4

Hi,
I used to use 'EVENT' to load the homepage

Code: Select all

EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS KEY=36 MODIFIERS=alt
but EVENT is no longer supported in iMacros 10 and neither is

URL GOTO=about:home
working. Does anyone know any other way to load the homepage through iMacros 10? Thank you
chivracq

Re: How to press keys in iMacros 10?

Post by chivracq » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:08 am

groundfalling wrote:

iMacros 10.0.2.1450 Free
Firefox 61.0.1
Ubuntu 16.0.4 
Hi,
I used to use 'EVENT' to load the homepage

but EVENT is no longer supported in iMacros 10 and neither is

URL GOTO=about:home
working. Does anyone know any other way to load the homepage through iMacros 10? Thank you
'KEY=36' is the 'Home' Key I reckon...(?)

Yep about 'URL GOTO=about:home', I had reported it during the Beta-Testing Phase...

But I guess for a Workaround, you'll have to "go back to the Basics", and re-implement yourself all 'KEYPRESS' Functionality/Commands from Scratch from pure JS... :shock:
Have a look already at the following Thread (from before the 'EVENT' Mode was implemented, for a Workaround for 'EVENT'/'DS' Mouse Moves, similar (JS) Syntax/Commands for Keypress Functionality I would think...):
- Workaround for lack of DS mouse commands

I'm not even sure it will be "possible", that was actually my "biggest surprise" when v10.0.2 Beta was offered for Beta-Testing, that the 'EVENT' Mode was not supported/implemented anymore, while v10.0.2 was supposed to be based on v10.0.1/.2 for CR for which the 'EVENT' Mode is implemented... I don't know, maybe some Technical Limitation for FF57/60/62, I never saw any Statement/Explanation from TechSup/Dev about that, but it now sounds very "strange" to realize that all Versions of iMacros now support the 'EVENT' Mode except on FF while for 3 or 4 years, the 'EVENT' Mode was only supported on FF, ah-ah...!
(+ a bit the same with '.js' Scripts...)

And of course for your OP, you can always hard-code your Homepage with 'URL GOTO' in your Script... :oops:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:17 pm

Oh...!, and here you had another Thread/'How-to' around the same time from the same Advanced User about Keypress:
- How to simulate a keypress using Javascript
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
groundfalling

Post by groundfalling » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:24 am

@chivracq
Could you please kindly suggest how can i press "Alt" plus Key'36' in imacros 10

using this:

URL GOTO=javascript:=var<SP>evt=document.createEvent("KeyboardEvent");evt.initKeyEvent("keypress",true,true,window,0,0,0,0,13,13);body.dispatchEvent(evt);
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:35 pm

groundfalling wrote:@chivracq
Could you please kindly suggest how can i press "Alt" plus Key'36' in imacros 10

using this:

URL GOTO=javascript:=var<SP>evt=document.createEvent("KeyboardEvent");evt.initKeyEvent("keypress",true,true,window,0,0,0,0,13,13);body.dispatchEvent(evt);
Hum, Key=36 is the 'Home' Key I reckon, for 'Alt^Home' to open the Browser Homepage...

But, pfff..., I don't know, I've never "played" with that JavaScript Event Functionality, I only use some very basic JS Functionality on Arrays/Strings/Numbers in 'EVAL()' for myself, you are already way more Advanced than me, ah-ah...!

But hum, from a quick look, from this Thread on SOF (2nd Answer), I would go "playing" with stg like...:

URL GOTO=javascript:=document.dispatchEvent(new<SP>KeyboardEvent("keydown",{"key":36,altKey:true}));
I already tried several "Combinations"..., It doesn't work for me (tried on v8.8.2 (+PM 26.3.3) + v8.9.7 (+FF55)), maybe for you on v10.0.2, or you'll find the "correct" Syntax... :wink:
groundfalling

Post by groundfalling » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:58 am

tried this:

macroCode += 'URL GOTO=javascript:document.dispatchEvent(new<SP>KeyboardEvent("keydown",{"key":36,altKey:true}));\n';
doesn't work.