Way to paste content into form injected by javascript?

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Way to paste content into form injected by javascript?

by ericwoo on Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:43 pm

This is more of a general question. A web page updated their form which it looks like it might use javascript or something to, what I guess, injects the form into the page.

Macros can't seem to find it and paste my content in the text form which looks like the below code on the page:

Code: Select all
<textarea placeholder="Enter your data" class="undefined submission-entering-textarea"></textarea>

Anyone know a workaround for this or how to enter content into a textarea like this?

Thanks
ericwoo

Re: Way to paste content into form injected by javascript?

by chivracq on Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:05 pm

ericwoo wrote:This is more of a general question. A web page updated their form which it looks like it might use javascript or something to, what I guess, injects the form into the page.

Macros can't seem to find it and paste my content in the text form which looks like the below code on the page:

<textarea placeholder="Enter your data" class="undefined submission-entering-textarea"></textarea>

Anyone know a workaround for this or how to enter content into a textarea like this?

Thanks

:wink:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by ericwoo on Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:18 pm

chivracq, what's that supposed to mean?
ericwoo

by ericwoo on Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:25 pm

chivracq wrote: :wink:

I know you're like the forum police here, but this was more of a general question for many folks to see if they had the issue. I am willing to use any version of Imacros or browser.

But to make you happy it is:

Firefox 55, Version 9.0.3

And yes, I know it's an older version but the new paid version doesn't support javascript macros.
ericwoo

by chivracq on Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:19 pm

ericwoo wrote:chivracq, what's that supposed to mean?

Hum..., looks like you found it a bit...: :D
ericwoo wrote:
chivracq wrote: :wink:

I know you're like the forum police here, but this was more of a general question for many folks to see if they had the issue. I am willing to use any version of Imacros or browser.

But to make you happy it is:
Firefox 55, Version 9.0.3

And yes, I know it's an older version but the new paid version doesn't support javascript macros.

Yeah, feels like "Forum Police" for you maybe, feels like "Thanks for your Help" for Users who can use the Forum a bit correctly..., but tja...!, what do you "expect"...? You registered in 2012, 1 year even before me, and while in that time I've already helped 100's or maybe 1000's of Users who understand it's "normal" to mention your Config on a Tech Forum, you still use the Forum rather like a Newbie...! :roll:

- "General Questions" belong to the 'General' Sub-Forum, not to the 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum, especially if you don't even mention your FCI...
(But no need to duplicate your Thread now..., and after mentioning your FCI, your Thread is actually quite specific to iMacros for FF now...)

- CIM/FCIM indeed, and I had already asked you in some previous Thread, fair enough if you don't want to mention your FCI or think it's not needed or important, I simply don't read and certainly don't answer Threads when FCI is not mentioned, or only once for new Users...

- Your last 2 previous Threads (here and here (and I only checked the last 2...)) have been waiting for some Follow-up from your Side for 1.5 / nearly 2 years, nice to ask Qt's and to ask for Help but if you don't follow up when other (Advanced) Users try to help you, then tja...!, they do it once and then it stops a bit, ah-ah...! :roll:
=> First follow up on those 2 Threads and finish them a bit correctly and useful for other Users..., and you can still bump this one in about 1.5 years if you are still looking for a Sol by then... :idea:

- Some ++1 Point though for the Quality of your Thread Title in this one. Simply perfect... :D

>>>

OK, FCI mentioned, very good :D , even if OS is still missing, too bad if you think it is not "relevant", I won't even try to explain why it might be... 8)

But..., yep..., nothing "wrong" at all to still be at v9.0.3 for FF on FF55 if you don't want to update FF to FF57(+) and have to use v10.0.2 for FF, on the contrary actually, and the "recommended" Version on FF55 is actually v8.9.7 for FF which is much more stable and doesn't have many Limitations v9.0.3 has...
Oh..., and so you're using '.js' Scripts, OK, good to know, that kind of Info was also worth mentioning in your OP... (And your Thread then belongs indeed to the 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum... :wink: )

>>>

But OK, still being "nice"..., 2 ways I can think of to answer your Qt and to implement the Functionality that you want, one of which can also very probably directly be implemented from a '.js' Script in pure JS... Several Threads on the Forum already if you search a bit... :idea:
Hum, and +1 more probably (depends on your OS though...) => Total = 4 ways... 8)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by ericwoo on Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:30 pm

Ok, thanks. I will keep searching and I always search before posting. I'll post the answer here if I find one that works for my problem.

I have Windows 10. Forgot that part.
ericwoo

by chivracq on Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:49 pm

ericwoo wrote:Ok, thanks. I will keep searching and I always search before posting. I'll post the answer here if I find one that works for my problem.

I have Windows 10. Forgot that part.

OK, good luck... :wink:
chivracq

Return to iMacros for Firefox