Blank Space at the End Ignored

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Blank Space at the End Ignored

by DimiSp on Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:18 am

Hi!

Placing a blank space at the end of a string is ignored, e.g.

Code: Select all
VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=http://www.bing.com/?scope=web&mkt=en-WW&FORM=QBLH
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>TABLE>TBODY>TR>TD>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>FORM>DIV>INPUT" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>TABLE>TBODY>TR>TD>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>FORM>DIV>INPUT" CHARS="William "

leads to the same result as if there would stand "Wlliam". However, search engines change their results after typing a space and as I have to make hundred of searches I need some automatisation.

How can I add a space the is not ignored?

I already tried workarounds with <SP>, KEY and csv-file. Vers 9.03 with FF 51.0.1

Kind regards, Dimi
DimiSp

Re: Blank Space at the End Ignored

by chivracq on Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:54 am

DimiSp wrote:
Vers 9.03 with FF 51.0.1

Hi!

Placing a blank space at the end of a string is ignored, e.g.

VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=http://www.bing.com/?scope=web&mkt=en-WW&FORM=QBLH
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>TABLE>TBODY>TR>TD>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>FORM>DIV>INPUT" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>TABLE>TBODY>TR>TD>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>FORM>DIV>INPUT" CHARS="William "

leads to the same result as if there would stand "Wlliam". However, search engines change their results after typing a space and as I have to make hundred of searches I need some automatisation.

How can I add a space the is not ignored?

I already tried workarounds with <SP>, KEY and csv-file. Vers 9.03 with FF 51.0.1

Kind regards, Dimi

FCI at the complete beginning of your Post preferably when you open a Thread (first thing I check, and if not mentioned, or if I don't see it "lost in the middle of some text", I don't read...), + OS as well, missing now... :idea:

Yes, yes..., we've already had 1-2-3 Threads hum, more than 1 year ago now I think, in the same "sense", I was going to say "try with '<SP>'" but after a 2nd Read I notice your "I already tried workarounds with <SP>, KEY and csv-file." (obfuscated by me looking for your FCI at the first Read)...

Yep-yep, hum..., 'KEY' is also a good Idea, as you are already using the 'EVENT' Mode, (didn't really understand why btw...?), I don't know how you implemented it, but it's "a little bit more complicated" to implement than "just mentioning 'KEY'"...

OK, Site mentioned, just back from some "late" Evening (I'm a DJ and it was (hum still is) my BDay), I'll have a look tomorrow, I think I have all "Ingredients" to do some Testing, I don't remember exactly but I think the previous Thread(s) had finally been solved...

One mini-hopefully-stupid Qt: You are posting in the FF Sub-Forum, meaning your Pb is specific to FF only...: OK..., possible...
=> In what other Browsers/FCI's have you tested where the "Pb" didn't occur...?
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by chivracq on Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:06 am

OK, I found the "time"/opportunity to have a look at your Case, and hum..., your Script just works fine for me, with the final Space "included"...! :D
I tested in the 2 following FCI's:
- iMacros for FF v8.8.2, Pale Moon v26.3.3 (=FF47), Win10_x64.
- iMacros for FF v8.9.7, FF v55.0.3, Win10_x64.
(And I can see indeed the Search Results/Suggestions being different upon Space included or not...)

But hum..., now that I "think again" about it, it could indeed very much be possible that it indeed only happened in v9.0.3 for FF.

Advice would then simply be to use v8.9.7 instead of v9.0.3 (which was pretty Buggy anyway) as you are on FF51, and v8.9.7 works until FF56, recommended = FF v55.0.3.

EDIT about "Advice":
Ah-hum...!, there could be a very "legit" Reason to stay at FF51 though, and that would be if you use the 'FILTER' Command in any of your Scripts as that Command got broken and became "useless" from FF52 or FF53, (for v8.9.7, I never used v9.0.3), for "heavy" Pages if used for "Performance" and Speed... :idea:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by DimiSp on Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:50 am

Hi chivracq,

Thank you and Happy Birthday!

That is very good news. However, I cannot find the version 8.9.7 you mentioned. It is not available on https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/ and the links on imacros.net to older versions that I found don't work.

Do you know where to get it?

Kind regards, Dimi
contact<att>seasonal-charts.com
DimiSp

by chivracq on Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:34 am

DimiSp wrote:Hi chivracq,

Thank you and Happy Birthday!

That is very good news. However, I cannot find the version 8.9.7 you mentioned. It is not available on https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/ and the links on imacros.net to older versions that I found don't work.

Do you know where to get it?

Kind regards, Dimi
contact<att>seasonal-charts.com

Pfff..., $hit...!, you are completely right, the complete Archive History on the Mozilla Add-ons Gallery has completely disappeared...! This is a complete "waste"...! :shock:

In the following Thread, I had recently provided a Link to some external Site that had several older Versions for all 4 Browsers available for Download, but I just checked it and all those older Versions have been removed also, probably upon Ipswitch's Request..., and only the latest Commercial/Trial Versions can now be downloaded from that Site... Pfff..., this is getting a little bit ridiculous, in my Opinion...! :roll:

Then, @OP, I don't know, try to find some other Download Site where v8.9.7 for FF is still available, and don't post the Link or Ipswitch will probably "chase" and "kill" that Site as well... :wink:
chivracq

by DimiSp on Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:47 am

Hi chivracq,

Thank you. After an extended internet search, I finally found the Vers 8.9.7 and it works perfectly! Thank you!

Dimi
DimiSp

by chivracq on Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:16 am

Thank you. After an extended internet search, I finally found the Vers 8.9.7 and it works perfectly! Thank you!

Dimi

Oh...!, OK, good to hear... :D

Hum..., then that means that the "Bug" was indeed introduced in v9.0.3 like I thought..., and I wouldn't be surprised if the current v10.0.2 Version (which is now the only Version that can be "officially" downloaded) is also affected... :oops:

>>>

And I hope Ipswitch will "reconsider" wiping the complete Mozilla Archive with all previous Versions, at least for v8.9.7 and v9.0.3 for Users still remaining below FF56/FF57 to "avoid" the WebExtensions Framework, or for Browsers forked on FF but that haven't adopted the WebExtensions Framework (yet...?) like Pale Moon, WaterFox, etc..., and for which v10.0.2 doesn't work at all... :idea:

I had a look at the User Reviews about iMacros on the Mozilla Add-ons Gallery, and rhhhoooo...!, they are all very-very negative since a few months..., about the 'Free' Version and all Limitations, and the 'PE' Version being ridiculously overpriced for Home Users... Tja, no wonder...! I actually agree with them... :roll:
chivracq

by jtapay on Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:37 am

Dimi

sir actually im also looking for that version., is it possible to send it to me via email? Please., this is my email., jeremy@18tech.com thanks.,
jtapay

by chivracq on Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:37 am

Hum, looks like the "Move" to wipe out the complete Mozilla Archive actually came from Mozilla and not from Ipswitch..., see the Post by @Tom from TechSup, + the few "useful" Legacy Versions for FF have been made available for Download from the 'FF Version History' Page in the Wiki...: :D
- Need a legacy version of iMacros for Firefox?
chivracq

Return to iMacros for Firefox