IF Condition

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
marnizo

IF Condition

Post by marnizo » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:02 am

Hello, please forgive my English.

I need to create an image with the following conditional:

Go to Tag position 1, if the content is: "latin1_swedish_ci" then change to "uft8_unicode_ci", else, go to the next one.

I have this code already created:

download/file.php?mode=view&id=1455

The problem is it's linear, it's not conditional. I want to set it to check tag pos 1, tag pos 2, tag pos 3...

Please can you help me? I'm very needy.

Thank you

1. What version of iMacros are you using?
iMacros for firefox 8.9.7

2. What operating system are you using? (please also specify language)
Windows 10 Spanish

3. Which browser(s) are you using? (include version numbers)
Firefox 55.0.1 (64 bits)
Attachments
1.png
chivracq

Re: IF Condition

Post by chivracq » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:06 pm

marnizo wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:02 am
Hello, please forgive my English.

I need to create an image with the following conditional:

Go to Tag position 1, if the content is: "latin1_swedish_ci" then change to "uft8_unicode_ci", else, go to the next one.

I have this code already created:

download/file.php?mode=view&id=1455

The problem is it's linear, it's not conditional. I want to set it to check tag pos 1, tag pos 2, tag pos 3...

Please can you help me? I'm very needy.

Thank you

Code: Select all

1. What version of iMacros are you using?
iMacros for firefox 8.9.7

2. What operating system are you using? (please also specify language)
Windows 10 Spanish

3. Which browser(s) are you using? (include version numbers)
Firefox 55.0.1 (64 bits)
Simply use 'Relative Positioning', I would think... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
marnizo

Post by marnizo » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:25 am

Hi, sorry for the delay in responding. I didn't know how to do the relative positioning at the time. My solution in these cases is usually to combine automatic action (imacros) with manual. I don't remember what I did exactly in this situation, but when I don't find a full automatic solution, I put in imacros:

WAIT SECONDS=5
Enough time to pause imacros manually and then do the action manually, to move to the next event where imacros can continue automatically. Then I click on continue.

It's not an elegant solution, but it works for me sometimes.

Thanks and sorry for the delay.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:59 pm

marnizo wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:25 am
Hi, sorry for the delay in responding. I didn't know how to do the relative positioning at the time. My solution in these cases is usually to combine automatic action (imacros) with manual. I don't remember what I did exactly in this situation, but when I don't find a full automatic solution, I put in imacros:

WAIT SECONDS=5
Enough time to pause imacros manually and then do the action manually, to move to the next event where imacros can continue automatically. Then I click on continue.

It's not an elegant solution, but it works for me sometimes.

Thanks and sorry for the delay.

Oh-oh-oh...!?!, that's a bit of a "late" Follow-up indeed, but "better late than never", ah-ah...! OK, good...! :wink:

About "I didn't know how to do the relative positioning at the time.", then, yeah well, when I post an Answer/Reply in a Thread on the Forum, I'm not going to re-quote half of the Content from the Wiki every time, ah-ah...! :shock: , so when I enclose some Term(s) between Singe Quotes (Apostrophes or Backticks, and I tend to use Backticks "nowadays", in the "Hope" that "one day", some future Version will maybe support `Backticks Highlighting` like on SOF), that means that those Terms have their own Page or Section in the Wiki, and/or can be used as Keyword(s) to search the Forum... :idea:
=> And indeed you had/have a complete Section in the Wiki about `Relative Positioning`...!! Rhooo..., super-cool...!! 8) :P

>>>

Hum, OK about the "WAIT SECONDS=5" "Solution", I use that also myself in a few Places in some of my Scripts, and you also have a `PAUSE` Command to force a Pause, and the `PROMPT` Command which also triggers some Browser visual Notif, and you can also implement a `Conditional Pause` by dynamically toggling the `!SINGLESTEP` Command/Built-in Var between [YES/NO]... All those Methods have their own Advantages, depending on the desired Behaviour... :idea:
+ All Techniques also useful for Debugging a (long) Script and controlling that the Script indeed behaves like expected... :idea:

Some personal "Trick" I use, because most of my Scripts are "pretty long" (=> [5,000-13,000] Lines) :shock: :P , is after using a `PAUSE` or `PROMPT` Command for a while "somewhere" in those long Scripts, once I've been able to verify that some Section/Block works indeed like desired, next to disabling that Command by usually commenting it out, (if I don't want to remove it), is to also deliberately "mutilate" those 2 and to rename them to "QAUSE" and "QROMPT" for example, in order for when I need to edit stg in the Script, a Search in the Editor on "PAUSE" or "PROMPT" will take me directly only to the "Active" Lines/Commands... :idea:

>>>

Alright, Thanks for the Follow-up thus, after several years, ah-ah...!, and don't "worry", you don't "need" to reply to this one... :wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
marnizo

Post by marnizo » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:17 pm

Hello chivracq, thank you very much for the tip and advice and for your time to help us.
Thank you