Running iMacros on the cloud

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
access2vivek

Running iMacros on the cloud

Post by access2vivek » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:15 am

Configuration: -
iMacros for Firefox = v 8.9.7
Firefox = v 56.0
OS = Windows

Problem Statement: -
Using JavaScript for Firefox, I have created an Instagram bot. By using different profiles in Firefox, I can use the same script on different Instagram accounts that run in parallel. The advantage of the script is that it will work even when the script is in the background.

What I am looking for is a way via which I can upload the script on the cloud where it will execute on different profiles just like it does on my system. I have a system reserved specifically for running the automation. Right now, I have just 4 profiles to work with. I am trying to scale the entire project to add more profiles and remove dependency on the computer in my office. I would love your inputs on this.

Current Status: -
The possible solution that I have gotten is to use Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform and create a virtual Windows there. I can operate those systems just like I would do on a physical system in my office. However, I would like to know if iMacros provides a way for us to do this?

If there is any confusion in my question, please let me know and I will provide specific details as required.

P.S: - I know that Firefox version 56.0 seems odd to work with. However, I have been using it since a while and I never got to updating it.
access2vivek

Re: Running iMacros on the cloud

Post by access2vivek » Mon May 27, 2019 7:18 am

Just pinging it again in case the admins/developers missed it.

I did look into AlertFox, but it has seems to have stopped its services. I am sure there might be some service that allows us to run our iMacros code on the cloud. I would really appreciate it if someone would help me out.