Running iMacros on the cloud

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
access2vivek

Running iMacros on the cloud

Post by access2vivek » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:15 am

Configuration: -
iMacros for Firefox = v 8.9.7
Firefox = v 56.0
OS = Windows

Problem Statement: -
Using JavaScript for Firefox, I have created an Instagram bot. By using different profiles in Firefox, I can use the same script on different Instagram accounts that run in parallel. The advantage of the script is that it will work even when the script is in the background.

What I am looking for is a way via which I can upload the script on the cloud where it will execute on different profiles just like it does on my system. I have a system reserved specifically for running the automation. Right now, I have just 4 profiles to work with. I am trying to scale the entire project to add more profiles and remove dependency on the computer in my office. I would love your inputs on this.

Current Status: -
The possible solution that I have gotten is to use Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform and create a virtual Windows there. I can operate those systems just like I would do on a physical system in my office. However, I would like to know if iMacros provides a way for us to do this?

If there is any confusion in my question, please let me know and I will provide specific details as required.

P.S: - I know that Firefox version 56.0 seems odd to work with. However, I have been using it since a while and I never got to updating it.
Robust iMacros development with quick turnaround time. Drop an email at "access2content@gmail.com" with your project details.
access2vivek

Re: Running iMacros on the cloud

Post by access2vivek » Mon May 27, 2019 7:18 am

Just pinging it again in case the admins/developers missed it.

I did look into AlertFox, but it has seems to have stopped its services. I am sure there might be some service that allows us to run our iMacros code on the cloud. I would really appreciate it if someone would help me out.
Robust iMacros development with quick turnaround time. Drop an email at "access2content@gmail.com" with your project details.
cybmatrix

Post by cybmatrix » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:03 pm

You can setup a VPS with windows OS.
You havea dedicated IP and a virtual machine running for you all programs included firefox\imacros.
Windows 7 PRO (64 bit)
Waterfox 51.0.1 (64 bit)
iMacros for FF 8.9.7
pakasedo

Post by pakasedo » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:41 pm

Very easy, create a VPS windows (Vultr / Google Cloud Platform / ...).
VPS 5 $ is a very good option, previously I used it. 2 years ago, I used to work with 50 vps, 24/7. You need to use the .BAT file of windows for everything to work properly.
Attention:
1. VPS is very weak, and will easily be restarted. So you need create a shortcut for Firefox, and put it there Windows Startup folder (C: \ Users \ xxxxx \ AppData \ Roaming \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Start Menu \ Programs \ Startup).
2. If the VPS needs to enter a password every time you reboot, you need to use Microsoft's Autologon v3.10, which will help you without having to type a password, everything will be automatically completely.
3. Because Imacros runs very bad if you run long, so you need to add a .bat file, which will automatically restart Windows after a certain time (maybe about 1 hours)
4. You need to turn off the "session recovery" of the browser after a sudden shutdown (or crash). Otherwise, your imacros will not run.
5. Set your imacros files, the homepage, when firefox is opened, it will automatically run. The link looks like this:
imacros://run/?m=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.js
Attachments
Capture.PNG
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:54 am

Some related/similar Thread on SOF (... where I cross-linked to @pakasedo's Post):
- Automate login + download from a web page

Hum, and I will quote that Thread actually, as many/most Users delete their Qt's/Threads related to iMacros on SOF once they've got their Solution/Script working, so I wouldn't be "surprised" if this one also disappeared... :|
I want to automate this task:

Login to a weg page (user + password)
Select a certain download form
Fill the form
Download a report file

So far, I have automated this task with iMacros for Chrome. Now I want to run it on a server, ideally in Azure (Web API or something else). Do you see a chance to automate this?

>>>

azure google-chrome web imacros
asked 21 hours ago
askolotl 429
3 silver badges13

... With 1 Solution (+ "my" Cross-Link to our Forum):
Download Selenium Webdrivers from chrome extensions and use it. It is a simple click and recording type interface.

Also It will allow you to Save your scripts in Python,Java, etc.. type Codes

Link : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... ckbalphokd

>>>

answered 21 hours ago
High-Octane 477

>>>

Would be "interesting" btw @OP, if you could post an Update to this Thread, to post if you made any "Progress" and managed to implement your Scenario..., one Year later...?, as 2 Users posted in the Thread to help you, but you never followed up... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
access2vivek

Post by access2vivek » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:57 am

chivracq wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:54 am
Would be "interesting" btw @OP, if you could post an Update to this Thread, to post if you made any "Progress" and managed to implement your Scenario..., one Year later...?, as 2 Users posted in the Thread to help you, but you never followed up... :idea:
Sorry for not updating earlier as I had to drop the idea of the automation. But, what I have learnt is that iMacros can run easily on Windows, Mac, and Linux. So, I think the best idea would be to buy a Linux server as @cybmatrix and @pakasedo mentioned. Then, install the old version of Firefox on it and paste the script on to it to execute it. I didn't know anything about servers back then which is why I was unable to update.