!CLICK alternative?

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
gawker

!CLICK alternative?

Post by gawker » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:21 am

So after many years i stumbled upon iMacros for FX again for some basic XY coordinate macro. But as i see !CLICK has been deprecated for some years now.

So what would be the easiest alternative approach to coordinates? And to make it work as humanly as possible.

Thanks!
chivracq

Re: !CLICK alternative?

Post by chivracq » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:59 am

gawker wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:21 am
So after many years i stumbled upon iMacros for FX again for some basic XY coordinate macro. But as i see !CLICK has been deprecated for some years now.

So what would be the easiest alternative approach to coordinates? And to make it work as humanly as possible.

Thanks!
FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

Hum, you haven't used the Forum in a looooong while indeed, ah-ah...! :wink:

But..., yep indeed, 'CLICK' Mode deprecated for a few years now, since v9.0.3 for FF I think, even if it still works in that Version (in Replay Mode), can still record until v8.9.7 for FF.
Got "replaced" a bit by the 'EVENT' Mode, which works with the same X/Y Coordinates, but again only supported until v9.0.3, the 'EVENT' Mode is currently not supported in v10.0.2 for FF, and FF is actually "now" the only Browser not supporting the 'EVENT' Mode while it was 6-7 years ago the first Browser to see this Mode implemented, and it remained like that for many years... :)

But hum..., using the 'CLICK' Mode ('CLICK' is a Command btw, no Built-in Var, no need for a '!') was never "Best Practice" (in my Opinion), only once! in 10 years that I've been using iMacros at some pretty Advanced Level I really had to use it, it can in 99.99% of the "Cases" be replaced by some "other Solution", usually 'R-Pos', but... tja...!, you need to give a bit more Details about your "Scenario" and what you want, ah-ah...! :idea:

And otherwise, the 'CLICK' Mode still works in v8.9.7 for FF, + FF v55.0.3 (or Pale Moon v27/v28). Is still the "best" and most "functional" and most reliable FCI (Feb 2019). (Is the one I use myself... + all Advanced Users using FF... (Well, I actually still use v8.8.2 for FF for my own "Prod" Env., + PM26, ah-ah...!))

EDIT:
Hum, I don't think I made 10,000 Scripts in 10 years, maybe 2000 max... => my "99.99%" = "99.95%", oops...! :oops:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
gawker

Post by gawker » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:58 am

Thanks! I went with the older FX and iMacros with different profile, so the good old full functionality is working.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:28 pm

gawker wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:58 am
Thanks! I went with the older FX and iMacros with different profile, so the good old full functionality is working.
OK..., and yep, FF55 + v8.9.7 is still the "best" Option indeed, on FF Portable maybe, if you want to keep some "main" FF Profile updated with the latest FF Version... (with all Automatic Updates disabled of course..., both for the Browser and Add-ons...)
(The same FF Profiles work with Pale Moon also btw...)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...