no actions recorded in iMacro

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
radioactiveman

no actions recorded in iMacro

Post by radioactiveman » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:29 pm

Hello,

I am using Firefox 65.0.2 and iMacros 10.0.2.1450 - however I am facing this problem since the start-over with iMacros on Quantum: Recording a macro does not work. YOu might think how I then use the tool at all? With former saved macros. But that gets more and more difficult as the internet evolves, you know.

But my iMacros don't. Any time I want to record one it will open up a new file, save the version in line 1 and the current website in line 2. iMacro window will stay in background, but that's it. No action is recorded.

Any suggestions?
radioactiveman

Re: no actions recorded in iMacro

Post by radioactiveman » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:59 pm

"Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views."
well...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:22 pm

radioactiveman wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:29 pm
Hello,

I am using Firefox 65.0.2 and iMacros 10.0.2.1450 - however I am facing this problem since the start-over with iMacros on Quantum: Recording a macro does not work. YOu might think how I then use the tool at all? With former saved macros. But that gets more and more difficult as the internet evolves, you know.

But my iMacros don't. Any time I want to record one it will open up a new file, save the version in line 1 and the current website in line 2. iMacro window will stay in background, but that's it. No action is recorded.

Any suggestions?
radioactiveman wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:59 pm
"Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views."
well...
Yeah, no..., don't worry about the "Bump"...! 8)

I had ("soft") alerted TechSup 1 week ago directly after you had opened your Thread for them to have a look at your Thread as I don't use that Version, but hum..., I don't know, still no Reaction... A few other Threads are also waiting for TechSup to have a look..., I guess you'll still have to be a bit "patient", oops... :oops:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
radioactiveman

Post by radioactiveman » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:19 am

I appreciate your assistance
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:23 am

radioactiveman wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:19 am
I appreciate your assistance
Yeah, now about 2 weeks since you opened your Thread, and still no Reply from TechSup... :shock:
(I alerted them [again!] earlier a few hours ago (for some other Threads), I'm sorry but that's all I can do, (and your OP was too "vague" for me to do any Testing..., in a Version I don't use myself anyway...), so I don't know why they don't react... :oops: )

But hum, @OP, to be honest, your Pb Description is pretty vague... You should give more Details...!, with some URL... and some very concrete Example(s)... :idea:

Once TechSup will have a look at your Thread, they will tell you "Hum..., I tried to record stg on "this" Site, and it works...!, it must be related to "your" Site..."
And they will ask you for more Details, and you'll have to wait for another 2 weeks for the next "round" of Follow-up..., just saying... :idea:

Hum, and some "stupid" Qt..., you opened your Thread in the 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum, meaning your Pb is specific to iMacros for FF only...
=> You should also mention for a same Site with which Browser(s) + which Version(s) of iMacros you "tested" and it "worked" but iMacros for FF "failed"...?
But that will also directly be your "Workaround", I would think...! 8)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:19 pm

Hi radioactiveman,

I updated my own Firefox 66.0.3 to test this today, and I was able to reproduce the same behavior you described. So then I did a brand new install of Firefox 66.0.3 and iMacros on another machine and did not experience any issue.

One of my colleagues on the QA team informs me that sometimes recording stops working and simply disabling and then re-enabling the iMacros add-on in Firefox can fix the problem. Would you please try this, and if this does not fix the issue, then trying completely uninstalling iMacros and Firefox and then reinstall them both.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
radioactiveman

Post by radioactiveman » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:01 am

re-installing both FF and iM works - I can record now. thanks for the support
rahul21

Post by rahul21 » Sat May 04, 2019 3:57 pm

Thanks for this information.