iMacros not able to insert content in text box

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
samsmith99

iMacros not able to insert content in text box

Post by samsmith99 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:32 am

Firefox for Windows Ver 66.0.2 (64 bit)
iMacros for FF Ver 10.0.2.1450
OS Windows 10

I have recorded this iMacros from their website (edubirdie) and then added CONTENT=["some content"] at the end. When I run this, it does not add the content to the text boxes.

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=10021450
URL GOTO=https://edubirdie.com/plagiarism-checker
TAG POS=2 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=CLASS:b-radio__box<SP>js_checker__radio-box<SP>js_checker_module__highlight&&TXT:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=ACTION:https://edubirdie.com/plagiarism-checker ATTR=ID:paper-type-43
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:plag-checker__title-input<SP>js_checker__title-input<SP>js_checker_module__input&&NAME:text-title&&DATA-PLACEHOLDER:Paste<SP>Your<SP>Title<SP>Here&&CONTENTEDITABLE:true&&TXT: CONTENT="testtitle"
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:plag-checker__textarea<SP>js_checker__textarea<SP>js_checker_module__input&&NAME:text-to-check&&DATA-PLACEHOLDER:Paste<SP>Your<SP>Text<SP>Here&&CONTENTEDITABLE:true&&TXT: CONTENT="testtext"
chivracq

Re: iMacros not able to insert content in text box

Post by chivracq » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:57 am

samsmith99 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:32 am

Firefox for Windows Ver 66.0.2 (64 bit)
iMacros for FF Ver 10.0.2.1450
OS Windows 10
I have recorded this iMacros from their website (edubirdie) and then added CONTENT=["some content"] at the end. When I run this, it does not add the content to the text boxes.

VERSION BUILD=10021450
TAG POS=2 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=CLASS:b-radio__box<SP>js_checker__radio-box<SP>js_checker_module__highlight&&TXT:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=ACTION:https://edubirdie.com/plagiarism-checker ATTR=ID:paper-type-43
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:plag-checker__title-input<SP>js_checker__title-input<SP>js_checker_module__input&&NAME:text-title&&DATA-PLACEHOLDER:Paste<SP>Your<SP>Title<SP>Here&&CONTENTEDITABLE:true&&TXT: CONTENT="testtitle"
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:plag-checker__textarea<SP>js_checker__textarea<SP>js_checker_module__input&&NAME:text-to-check&&DATA-PLACEHOLDER:Paste<SP>Your<SP>Text<SP>Here&&CONTENTEDITABLE:true&&TXT: CONTENT="testtext"
+ Parallel Thread on SOF:
- iMacros cannot insert content into text field

Good to see that you mention your FCI here on our Forum, very good... :wink:
'Free'/'PE' Info is still missing, but it will be 'PE' if you are using a DataSource, I reckon...

But hum, I would give you the same Answer that I already gave on SOF 10h ago... (where that Thread is waiting some Follow-up from your Side btw...):
chivracq on SOF wrote:But yep, the 'CONTENT' Parameter is meant to be used for 'INPUT' Fields. The 'TAG' Mode usually has "difficulties" working with editable ajaxy 'DIV''s like this Site apparently is using and the Workaround is usually to use the 'EVENT' Mode:

VERSION BUILD=8820413 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1

'Title:
'EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>SECTION>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>SECTION>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV" CHARS="iMacros cannot insert content in to text field"

'Content:
'EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>SECTION>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>DIV" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>SECTION>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>DIV" CHARS="I want to input data from csv to form on website through iMacros."
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>SECTION>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>DIV" KEYS="[13,13]"
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>SECTION>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>DIV" CHARS="While recording iMacros, I got this code"
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>SECTION>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>DIV" KEY=13
(Tested on iMacros for FF v8.8.2, Pale Moon v26.3.3 (=FF47), Win10_x64.)

BUT...!, the 'EVENT' Mode is not supported (anymore) in your v10.0.2 for FF ('Free'/'PE') Version. You would need to switch to Chrome where v10.0.5 for CR supports that Mode, or to "go back" to v8.9.7 for FF which works on FF v55.0.3 or PM27/28.
I would add a few "things":
- The 'PE' License you already seem to have for v10.0.2 for FF is the same also for v10.0.5 for CR... The 'FIO' Module needed for File Access to use a DataSource is the same Module.

You will notice that the 'EVENT' Mode is fairly "slow" to input some Text. If you have a large amount of Text to input from your '.CSV' into the 2nd Input Field, you may want to speed up the Process with a 'Paste' ('Ctrl^v') that can also be automated from the 'EVENT' Mode, but requires the 'MODIFIERS' Parameter, and that Parameter is not supported in v10.0.5 for CR (I think...(?)). It was only supported on FF, which would leave you only one Option: v8.9.7 for FF.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
samsmith99

Post by samsmith99 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:23 am

I tried using chrome Version 74.0.3729.91 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)
iMacros Free Edition for CR 10.0.5

And got this error.

RuntimeError: element specified by HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>SECTION>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>DIV not found, line: 11

Noting got inserted on any text box. Even radio button was not checked.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:58 am

samsmith99 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:23 am
I tried using chrome Version 74.0.3729.91 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)
iMacros Free Edition for CR 10.0.5

And got this error.

RuntimeError: element specified by HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>SECTION>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>DIV not found, line: 11

Noting got inserted on any text box. Even radio button was not checked.
Hum, this one works for me on CR:

VERSION BUILD=1005 RECORDER=CR

'Title:
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>SECTION>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>SECTION>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV" CHARS="title"

'Content:
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>SECTION>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>DIV" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>SECTION>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>DIV" CHARS="text content\r"
(Tested on iMacros for CR v10.0.5 'Free', CR v74.0.3729.108 (Official Build) (64-bit), Win10_x64.)
Looks like I have a slightly different CR Build than yours...

And the 2 Mouse Clicks I had commented out for both the 'Title' and 'Content' Fields that were not really needed on PM seem to be needed on CR.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
samsmith99

Post by samsmith99 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:22 am

This is not working...
ERROR:
RuntimeError: element specified by HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>SECTION>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV not found, line: 5

I also tried copied the XPATH of the text box

/html/body/div[2]/div[1]/section[1]/div/div[1]/div/div[3]/div
With reference to the XPATH, I changed the code

EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>SECTION>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV" BUTTON=0
to

EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>SECTION>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV" BUTTON=0
But still, I'm getting the same error.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:20 am

samsmith99 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:22 am
This is not working...
ERROR:
RuntimeError: element specified by HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>SECTION>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV not found, line: 5

I also tried copied the XPATH of the text box

/html/body/div[2]/div[1]/section[1]/div/div[1]/div/div[3]/div
With reference to the XPATH, I changed the code

to

EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>SECTION>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV" BUTTON=0
But still, I'm getting the same error.
Yeah well, you need to record yourself your Actions, maybe you or I have some Ad-Blocker or the Browser or this Site is adding or removing some Ads or you are logged in to the Site (and I'm not) and the HTML Structure of the Page will be different for both of us...

I had for example some "Referral" Bar displayed at the top of the Page, once I closed it, my previous Script doesn't work anymore exactly as some 'DIV''s are "shifting" up or down and becomes:

VERSION BUILD=1005 RECORDER=CR

'Title:
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(5)>DIV>SECTION>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(5)>DIV>SECTION>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV" CHARS="title"

'Content:
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(5)>DIV>SECTION>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>DIV" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(5)>DIV>SECTION>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>DIV" CHARS="text content\r"