Seeking to append a number to a single URL and loop activity

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
abrooks

Seeking to append a number to a single URL and loop activity

Post by abrooks » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:53 pm

Specs:
Win 10
iMacros 12.5 Enterprise
Firefox (or could be chrome, same script)

Hi. Purchased in March, getting started. Long story short I have a .csv file with 1 column, all numbers. Want to loop through them to perform a few brief function, clicking a few buttons, waiting for an action to complete. When done go back to .csv and start with the next number in COL1, but the number has to be appended to the end of a static URL which never changes. It'sd always the same format: www.example.com/123456

Script so far:

TAB T=1
SET !DATASOURCE C:\Users\username\Desktop\macro.csv
SET !DATASOURCE_COLUMNS 1
SET !LOOP 1
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
URL GOTO=https://www.whatever.com/123456
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:guick-load ATTR=ID:quick-load-button
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Subscriptions
TAB T=2
WAIT SECONDS=12
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Manage
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=NAME:subscriptionControlForm ATTR=ID:cancel_service_confirmation-cancel_service_confirmation-subscriptionControlForm CONTENT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Yes,<SP>I’m<SP>sure
WAIT SECONDS=25
TAB CLOSE
TAB T=1

What I would like to do is cycle through the URL GOTO line by appending what I have which are account numbers in COL1 of the datasource .csv file. They are not in order or have no real format other than being numbers.

I have it in my head that I could use something like this, but it doesn't work:
URL GOTO=https://www.whatever.com/{{!COL1}}

Each csv file would have maybe 100 numbers one day, maybe 20 the next, doesn't matter.

i did manage to manually create URLs to go to in excel and place those in column 1. Can I modify the URL GOTO command to read the url from COL1 as a workaround? Banging my head here.

Thank in advance. My first post. YAY.
chivracq

Re: Seeking to append a number to a single URL and loop activity

Post by chivracq » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:32 pm

abrooks wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:53 pm
Specs:

Code: Select all

Win 10
iMacros 12.5 Enterprise
Firefox (or could be chrome, same script)
Hi. Purchased in March, getting started. Long story short I have a .csv file with 1 column, all numbers. Want to loop through them to perform a few brief function, clicking a few buttons, waiting for an action to complete. When done go back to .csv and start with the next number in COL1, but the number has to be appended to the end of a static URL which never changes. It'sd always the same format: www.example.com/123456

Script so far:

TAB T=1
SET !LOOP 1
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
URL GOTO=https://www.whatever.com/123456
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:guick-load ATTR=ID:quick-load-button
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Subscriptions
TAB T=2
WAIT SECONDS=12
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Manage
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=NAME:subscriptionControlForm ATTR=ID:cancel_service_confirmation-cancel_service_confirmation-subscriptionControlForm CONTENT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Yes,<SP>I’m<SP>sure
WAIT SECONDS=25
TAB CLOSE
TAB T=1
What I would like to do is cycle through the URL GOTO line by appending what I have which are account numbers in COL1 of the datasource .csv file. They are not in order or have no real format other than being numbers.

I have it in my head that I could use something like this, but it doesn't work:

Each csv file would have maybe 100 numbers one day, maybe 20 the next, doesn't matter.

i did manage to manually create URLs to go to in excel and place those in column 1. Can I modify the URL GOTO command to read the url from COL1 as a workaround? Banging my head here.

Thank in advance. My first post. YAY.
Thread not really specific to iMacros for FF, correct Sub-Forum to open your Thread would have been the 'General' Sub-Forum...

Your Thinking/Approach is correct, this is/should be the correct:

Not mentioned in your FCI, but in FF (v67...?), you had to also install the iMacros for FF Add-on, => v10.0.2, I reckon...?
And in order for v10.0.2 for FF to be able to access your DataSource and to retrieve the '{{!COL1}}', you also need to install the 'FIO'-Module for Local File-Access... (... which you can download from your Ipswitch/Progress Portal...).

Try this little Script:

TAB T=1
SET !LOOP 1
'SET !ERRORIGNORE YES

SET URL_Site https://www.whatever.com/
PROMPT LOOP:<SP>_{{!LOOP}}_<BR>COL1:<SP>_{{!COL1}}_<BR>URL_Site:<SP>_{{URL_Site}}_<BR>URL:<SP>_{{URL_Site}}{{!COL1}}_
WAIT SECONDS=2
URL GOTO={{URL_Site}}{{!COL1}}
WAIT SECONDS=2
... And loop a few times this Script and inspect/check the Content of the 'PROMPT' and all Vars... (And use your "real" URL for the 'URL_Site' Var in the Script, of course...!)

Pay attention in the 'PROMPT' to the Content for '_{{!COL1}}_', the "_" is used as a Delimiter to still display "stg" if the Var is Empty or Undefined or contains any Spaces/Tabs or (Soft) Returns... which wouldn't be accepted in the URL...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
abrooks

Post by abrooks » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:05 pm

Thank you for the nudge.
Yes, FF 67.X (they update every other day lately).
Win 10 Enterprise 64 bit
I also did have the FF extension a file access installed. In fact, i installed everything the download packages had to offer including the iMacros browser which appears not to render some elements likely because of security policies on my workplace network.

URL GOTO=https://www.whatever.com/{{!COL1}} did work. Thank you for clarifying that. It turns out I had malformatted my own URL hence the errors being returned. I could not provide the actual URL as it is internal to my workplace only, hence the example.com use.

Much appreciated.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:04 pm

abrooks wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:05 pm
Thank you for the nudge.
Yes, FF 67.X (they update every other day lately).
Win 10 Enterprise 64 bit
I also did have the FF extension a file access installed. In fact, i installed everything the download packages had to offer including the iMacros browser which appears not to render some elements likely because of security policies on my workplace network.

URL GOTO=https://www.whatever.com/{{!COL1}} did work. Thank you for clarifying that. It turns out I had malformatted my own URL hence the errors being returned. I could not provide the actual URL as it is internal to my workplace only, hence the example.com use.

Much appreciated.
Ah OK, good to hear then... :D

Notice btw how I used some 'URL_Site' Var for your URL Domain instead of hard-coding your URL everywhere in your Script, especially if you (re)use it several times or want to reuse the same Script for a different Site/Page, then you only need to edit one single Var... (And it's trivial to debug...) :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...