ONDOWNLOAD trouble

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
kangarootaco

ONDOWNLOAD trouble

Post by kangarootaco » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:24 pm

The macro

URL GOTO=https://www.gurufocus.com/stock/ufpi/dividend
ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=E:\temp FILE=test.xlsx WAIT=YES
WAIT SECONDS=3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=SLOT:*Excel<SP>Download*
WAIT SECONDS=3

fails to handle the download dialog, which remains in focus after the macro completes, with "E:\temp\test.xlsx" not filled in. I'm using a portable 64-bit Firefox 67.0.4 with Free Imacros for Firefox 10.0.2.1450 on Windows 10 1803. Firefox is set to always ask what to do with downloads, including xlsx files.

I've noticed that iMacros doesn't always explain why a premium feature is failing in the free version. I don't see anything in the features comparison chart that indicates that ONDOWNLOAD is a paid-for-only feature though.
chivracq

Re: ONDOWNLOAD trouble

Post by chivracq » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:40 pm

kangarootaco wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:24 pm
The macro

Code: Select all

ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=E:\temp FILE=test.xlsx WAIT=YES
WAIT SECONDS=3
WAIT SECONDS=3
fails to handle the download dialog, which remains in focus after the macro completes, with "E:\temp\test.xlsx" not filled in. I'm using a portable 64-bit Firefox 67.0.4 with Free Imacros for Firefox 10.0.2.1450 on Windows 10 1803. Firefox is set to always ask what to do with downloads, including xlsx files.

I've noticed that iMacros doesn't always explain why a premium feature is failing in the free version. I don't see anything in the features comparison chart that indicates that ONDOWNLOAD is a paid-for-only feature though.

portable 64-bit Firefox 67.0.4 
with Free Imacros for Firefox 10.0.2.1450 
on Windows 10 1803.
Well, it is documented on the 'ONDOWNLOAD' Wiki-Page:
Parameters
FOLDER
[...]
iMacros for Chrome and Firefox freeware versions: FOLDER is not supported and downloads will always save to the browser's default download folder. File Access for iMacros Extensions is required to be able to specify a different location.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
kangarootaco

Re: ONDOWNLOAD trouble

Post by kangarootaco » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:45 am

chivracq wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:40 pm
Well, it is documented on the 'ONDOWNLOAD' Wiki-Page:
Thanks, though after changing the code to

ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=* FILE=test.xlsx WAIT=YES
WAIT SECONDS=3
WAIT SECONDS=3
the download is still not handled. Even if I change 'FILE' to the wildcard as well, the download is still not handled and the dialog is left hanging when the macro completes.