File Upload with Firefox 55?

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
NealWalters

File Upload with Firefox 55?

Post by NealWalters » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:27 pm

I upgraded to personal edition last year so I could do a file upload. I never got it working then, and I've spent about an hour today trying.
I'm running Firefox 55 with iMacros for Firefox 9.0.3. I've seen various posts saying I need to downgrade either imacros to pre 9.0. I think I'm already on a very old version of Firefox to get iMacros to work. So is it possible and if so, what versions do I need.

If I record it, I don't get the imacro box as shown here: https://wiki.imacros.net/Demo-Upload.

Also, where do I enter the license on Firefox?

Thanks,
Neal Walters
Last edited by NealWalters on Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chivracq

Re: File Upload with Firefox 55?

Post by chivracq » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:46 pm

NealWalters wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:27 pm
I upgrade to personal edition last year so I could do a file upload. I never got it working then, and I've spent about an hour today trying.
I'm running

Code: Select all

Firefox 55 with iMacros for Firefox 9.0.3.
I've seen various posts saying I need to downgrade either imacros to pre 9.0. I think I'm already on a very old version of Firefox to get iMacros to work. So is it possible and if so, what versions do I need.

If I record it, I don't get the imacro box as shown here: https://wiki.imacros.net/Demo-Upload.

Also, where do I enter the license on Firefox?

Thanks,
Neal Walters

Yep, 'File Upload' not supported in v10.0.2 for FF ('Free' + 'PE'), nor in v9.0.3 for FF. :oops:
Documented in their respective Release Notes, for v10.0.2 here, and for v9.0.3 here.

The 2nd Link is also the Link for v8.9.7 for FF (and to download that Version), which is the stable and fully functional Version to use on FF55. (No License needed.) 8)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
NealWalters

Post by NealWalters » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:47 pm

Thanks, I got that older release. Product is cool when all the stars are aligned, but it's too hard to get the stars to align.
Neal
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:58 pm

NealWalters wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:47 pm
Thanks, I got that older release. Product is cool when all the stars are aligned, but it's too hard to get the stars to align.
Neal
Good...!, and Thanks for the Feedback/Follow-up... :D
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...