problem with form fill - value checking

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
ivan_grozni

problem with form fill - value checking

Post by ivan_grozni » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:31 pm

Hello,
I have problem with one form field (on the image). I fill the form, but site don't recognise it like new value. so javascript who checking form submission says that value is not a number...
I find some video who solve that problem, but it is difficulty to follow that video :) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtVT_Cdqvzg).

Maybe someone have the same problem, and know how to solve it :)

This is code I use:

macro5 = "CODE:";
macro5 += "TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON FORM=ID:offer_form ATTR=TXT:Nothing<SP>was<SP>selected" + "\n";
macro5 += "TAG POS=2 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Volvo<SP>S60,<SP>2018<SP>-<SP>ITI<SP>8999" + "\n";
macro5 += "TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=ID:offer_form ATTR=ID:wifi CONTENT=YES" + "\n";
macro5 += "TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:NUMBER FORM=ID:offer_form ATTR=ID:price_to CONTENT={{Y}}" + "\n";
macro5 += "TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON FORM=ID:offer_form ATTR=TXT:Submit" + "\n";

where Y have number value = 323.30 (or similar)..

I have firefox 56.0 and imacros for firefox...

Thanks
Attachments
imacros_help.jpg
chivracq

Re: problem with form fill - value checking

Post by chivracq » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:20 pm

ivan_grozni wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:31 pm

Code: Select all

firefox 56.0 and imacros for firefox...
Hello,
I have problem with one form field (on the image). I fill the form, but site don't recognise it like new value. so javascript who checking form submission says that value is not a number...
I find some video who solve that problem, but it is difficulty to follow that video :) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtVT_Cdqvzg).

Maybe someone have the same problem, and know how to solve it :)

This is code I use:

macro5 += "TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON FORM=ID:offer_form ATTR=TXT:Nothing<SP>was<SP>selected" + "\n";  
macro5 += "TAG POS=2 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Volvo<SP>S60,<SP>2018<SP>-<SP>ITI<SP>8999" + "\n";  
macro5 += "TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=ID:offer_form ATTR=ID:wifi CONTENT=YES" + "\n";  
macro5 += "TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:NUMBER FORM=ID:offer_form ATTR=ID:price_to CONTENT={{Y}}" + "\n";
where Y have number value = 323.30 (or similar)..

I have firefox 56.0 and imacros for firefox...

Thanks

FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
+ Mention also in what Language/Locale (Regional Settings) is your OS...
Your Browser FF56 seems to be in English...

Post also the Declaration of your 'Y' Var...

I'll have a few Suggs once you'll have mentioned your FCI...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
ivan_grozni

Post by ivan_grozni » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:02 pm

Sorry, you are right :)

I am using FF 56.0 and I using both IOS and Windows. I am making script on IOS (that I have at the office), but it will work on windows os. And imacros is imacros-for-firefox 8.9.7.
Language is English.

I am using imacros with javacsript. I am collecting some data from the page, making some calculations with javascript, and then again add that data to the form. Value of my {{Y}} is simple number (two decimal number, but could be also rounded number). What is the problem, imacros add that value {{Y}} to form field, and also submit the form, but they have form validation after submit, and validation don't recognize value of that field, and it says that is not valid number format.
if I just let say add from keyboard after that number .05 it works, even if I just add .

This is form field from the site:

<input id="price_to" type="number" min="0" step="0.01" placeholder="Your price" required="required" class="form-control">
<input data-v-68fd1b34="" id="price_total" type="text" disabled="disabled" class="form-control">

One field I populate with data, and second they using it for control, and when I type number normally (manually) in field id - price_to, it populate automatically field id - price_total and it works...

I also try to populate both field, but nothing again :)

Also if I press (mouse click) this arrows on right side of the field and add 0.01 to main value it works, it recognize like number and it works (so maybe we could add values, and then make EVENT MOUSE CLICK on that arrows?) - on the image in attach...

Do you have some idea how I could solve this problem?

Thanks
Attachments
Capture_field.JPG
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:34 pm

ivan_grozni wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:02 pm
Sorry, you are right :)

I am using FF 56.0 and I using both IOS and Windows. I am making script on IOS (that I have at the office), but it will work on windows os. And imacros is imacros-for-firefox 8.9.7.
Language is English.

I am using imacros with javacsript. I am collecting some data from the page, making some calculations with javascript, and then again add that data to the form. Value of my {{Y}} is simple number (two decimal number, but could be also rounded number). What is the problem, imacros add that value {{Y}} to form field, and also submit the form, but they have form validation after submit, and validation don't recognize value of that field, and it says that is not valid number format.
if I just let say add from keyboard after that number .05 it works, even if I just add .

This is form field from the site:

<input id="price_to" type="number" min="0" step="0.01" placeholder="Your price" required="required" class="form-control">
<input data-v-68fd1b34="" id="price_total" type="text" disabled="disabled" class="form-control">
One field I populate with data, and second they using it for control, and when I type number normally (manually) in field id - price_to, it populate automatically field id - price_total and it works...

I also try to populate both field, but nothing again :)

Also if I press (mouse click) this arrows on right side of the field and add 0.01 to main value it works, it recognize like number and it works (so maybe we could add values, and then make EVENT MOUSE CLICK on that arrows?) - on the image in attach...

Do you have some idea how I could solve this problem?

Thanks

OK, => FCI:

iMacros for FF v8.9.7, FF v56.0, OS=iOS/Win[32/64] Eng.
... And I assume the Decimal Separator for Numbers on both PC's for Regional Settings is a Dot...?
(=> Not a Comma...?, like for French or German Regional Settings for example, and I can't tell for sure from your IP as you registered to the Forum "hiding" behind some Greek Proxy/VPN Provider...)

But OK, well, first thing to try would be to add some mini-'WAIT' Statements (0.1 or 0.2 Sec should be enough) between the current 'TAG' Statements you already have, to slow down your Script a little bit and to allow for a bit of time for the JS Validation from the Site to take place before each next 'TAG' Statement.

Hum, you didn't include the Declaration of your 'Y' Var like I asked...
You could check with a 'PROMPT _{{Y}}_' in your on-the-fly '.iim' Macro if you indeed get the Content/Value that you expect...
+ Check if (that part of) your Script already works in pure '.iim'.
+ Same thing, both in pure '.iim' and from your '.js' Script if you hard-code the Value.
+ Check also with a "round" Number (without Decimals)...

Several other things to try/check, but I would think the easiest and quickest Solution in this Case will probably be to use the 'EVENT' Mode to fill in that 'Price' Input Field. :idea:
(Make sure to escape all Double Quotes from the 'EVENT' Mode Syntax in your on-the-fly Macro, and try/check if it works (= passes Validation) in pure '.iim' before converting that Line to a '.js' String...)

And indeed, I had noticed the mini-Arrows next to your Field to adjust the Price... If they increase/decrease the Price by say 0.01, if you want to fill in "323.30", to first fill in "323.29" and to add one Click on the '+' Arrow using either the 'TAG' or the 'EVENT' Mode...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
ivan_grozni

Post by ivan_grozni » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:59 am

Hi,
I try to wait 2 sec, EVENT mode, but nothing, the same...

I try now the same on: iMacros for Chrome 10.0.5 this code -

VERSION BUILD=1005 RECORDER=CR
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#price_to" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#price_to" CHARS="12321"

and it works normally, it takes value and he recognise it like correct value... Only on this version of imacros I can't use js?

how could I make it to work on VERSION BUILD=8970419 RECORDER=FX

I try this also:

VERSION BUILD=8970419 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
EVENT TYPE=MOUSEDOWN SELECTOR="#price_to" BUTTON=0

but nothing :)
Any idea? :)

sorry: full script I use for this is:

price = Number(price).toFixed(2);
var retcode5,errtext5,macro5;

macro5 += "WAIT SECONDS=2" + "\n";

iimSet("y", price);
retcode5 = iimPlay(macro5);
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:53 am

ivan_grozni wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:59 am
Hi,
I try to wait 2 sec, EVENT mode, but nothing, the same...

I try now the same on: iMacros for Chrome 10.0.5 this code -

and it works normally, it takes value and he recognise it like correct value... Only on this version of imacros I can't use js?

how could I make it to work on VERSION BUILD=8970419 RECORDER=FX

I try this also:

TAB T=1
EVENT TYPE=MOUSEDOWN SELECTOR="#price_to" BUTTON=0
but nothing :)
Any idea? :)

sorry: full script I use for this is:

price = Number(price).toFixed(2);
var retcode5,errtext5,macro5;

macro5 += "WAIT SECONDS=2" + "\n";  

iimSet("y", price); 
retcode5 = iimPlay(macro5);

OK, some Progress, ah-ah...! :D

OK, so this Script that works in v10.0.5 for CR using the 'EVENT' Mode is exactly what I meant with "easiest and quickest Solution":

And if those 2 Lines (the 'CLICK' + the 'KEYPRESS') work in v10.0.5 for CR ('Free'/'PE'), they should also work in v8.9.7 for FF.
And the 'CLICK' Line is probably not even needed, only the 'KEYPRESS' should "do the job"...
=> Can you try again if just those 2 Lines (with or without the 'CLICK' Line) really don't work in FF...?

The mini-Script you posted about FF uses a 'MOUSEDOWN' instead of the 'CLICK' in CR, which is a bit different, as a 'MOUSEDOWN' "expects" a 'MOUSEUP' (and is usually meant for 1 or several 'MOUSEMOVE' Line(s) in the middle), and using a 'MOUSEDOWN' alone can be a bit "dangerous", as when applied to a DDLB for example, will keep it open and won't release it, and applied to your 'price_to' Input Field might "lock it" and could prevent the Format Validation on that Field... (The Web-Page "thinks" you are holding your (Left) Mouse Click on that Field if you were clicking manually..., like if you are going to select part of the Text or going to drag that Element...)

If that "really" still doesn't work in FF, try adding some mini "fake" Click (still using the 'EVENT' Mode) on any Element on the Page where it won't do anything, just to "tab away" from the Input Field. A Keyboard "TAB" (or maybe "ENTER") would also be OK instead of a Mouse 'CLICK'...
And it should really work... If it works in CR like I expected, it should work in FF... :?
ivan_grozni

Post by ivan_grozni » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:17 pm

Hm, i try this first:

TAB T=1

(with and without CLICK), and nothing, he select field, but no adding value

and then I record this code:

TAB T=1
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#price_to" CHARS="65"
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#price_to" KEY=9

and when I play it, it doesn't work. It select field, but it doesn't add any value... (I also try to press "tab" on the end to see if it takes value correct), but nothing...
ivan_grozni

Post by ivan_grozni » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:25 pm

I could add value only with:

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:NUMBER FORM=ID:offer_form ATTR=ID:price_to CONTENT=65

But, how I could press small arrow on the end of this form, maybe it will change value and it will work. To simulate mouse click and arrow press.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:31 pm

ivan_grozni wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:17 pm
Hm, i try this first:

TAB T=1
(with and without CLICK), and nothing, he select field, but no adding value

and then I record this code:

TAB T=1
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#price_to" CHARS="65"
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#price_to" KEY=9
and when I play it, it doesn't work. It select field, but it doesn't add any value... (I also try to press "tab" on the end to see if it takes value correct), but nothing...

Yep, everything looks "correct" to me..., then I don't know, it should work...! :?

Any chance I can have a look at the Site/Page by myself...?
(If the Site requires Login, you can maybe change your Password to some Temp-Password, and pass me the Login Info on, by "reporting" any of the Posts in this Thread, I'm the only one who can see your "Report"...)

ivan_grozni wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:25 pm
I could add value only with:

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:NUMBER FORM=ID:offer_form ATTR=ID:price_to CONTENT=65
But, how I could press small arrow on the end of this form, maybe it will change value and it will work. To simulate mouse click and arrow press.
Yeah-yeah, I will try several "things" if I can have a look at the Page myself... :wink:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:07 pm

OK, good, I managed to have a look at your Site/Page..., and hum, the mini 2-Line Script with the 'EVENT' Mode that works for you on CR also works directly for me. But I tested in a different Browser and different Version of iMacros for FF:

iMacros for FF v8.8.2, Pale Moon v26.3.3 (=FF47), Win10_x64.
(My FF v55.0.3 + iMacros for FF v8.9.7 Env/Profile is "busy" at the moment running one of my Scripts...)

What would also work is the following:

VERSION BUILD=8820413 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
'URL GOTO=https://gettransfer.com/en/carrier/cabinet/transfers#/4102700

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:NUMBER FORM=ID:offer_form ATTR=ID:price_to CONTENT=324

EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#price_to" KEY=35
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#price_to" CHAR=" "
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#price_to" KEY=8

'TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON FORM=ID:offer_form ATTR=TXT:Submit
=> Fill in the Value from the 'TAG' Mode, and using the 'EVENT' Mode (with Value already entered but not "validated"):
1- 'CLICK' in the Input Field.
2- Hit the 'END' Key to make sure to go at the end of the Price.
3- Add a 'SPACE' Char at the end of the Price.
4- Delete this 'SPACE' Char with 'BACKSPACE'.
That seems to work for me as well and to activate the Format Validation... Maybe you can try that...?

First time I recorded typing a Price with the 'TAG' Mode, I also hit the 'ENTER' Key (once), which apparently automatically clicked the 'Submit' Button as you can see from the Recording. => I hope I didn't do anything "bad", ah-ah...! :shock: :oops:

Hum, and mini-Remark: I don't get the 2 mini-Arrows in PM. So this Site seems indeed to be behaving differently in different Browsers... :o

I've now logged out of your Site (from PM, my FF is still busy with my own Script(s)...).
And I did a Full HTML Saveas of the Page, in case I need to have a look again without logging in to the Site... :wink:
ivan_grozni

Post by ivan_grozni » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:40 pm

First, thank you for your time :)

First it doasn't want to add space on the end f the number, and then what happens :D When it press backspace button browser go to previous page (like back button on browser), like form field is not selected..

Could I use some different configuration of imacros/firefox, but to use js script.
Maybe configuration like you have:
iMacros for FF v8.8.2, Pale Moon v26.3.3 (=FF47)
(it works at your configuration)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:24 pm

ivan_grozni wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:40 pm
First, thank you for your time :)

First it doasn't want to add space on the end f the number, and then what happens :D When it press backspace button browser go to previous page (like back button on browser), like form field is not selected..

Could I use some different configuration of imacros/firefox, but to use js script.
Maybe configuration like you have:
iMacros for FF v8.8.2, Pale Moon v26.3.3 (=FF47)
(it works at your configuration)

Hum, OK about 'Space' + 'Backspace', but that was just "an Idea" for the Principle: Adding a Char and deleting it from the 'EVENT' Mode...
Instead of a 'Space', you can try with a Dot ('.') (if a 2nd Dot gets accepted, when you already have a Decimal Number), or an extra Digit, and same like using the 'Backspace', you can do 'Left Arrow' + 'Delete' Keys... :idea:

Hum, about using PM26 + v8.8.2 for FF, hum-hum..., I wouldn't "really" advise it, PM26 is now getting a bit old, (and is at Patch/Security Level like FF47, while current FF is now at FF68), and more and more Sites don't work "properly" in that Browser/Version anymore... This Site seems to be using some "Advanced" HTML5 Coding and JS, and GPS-Location, chances are other parts of the Site or of your Script won't be working "properly"..., like for example I already mentioned that the 2 mini-Arrows next to the Price Field were not present in PM26.
But a "recommendable" FCI would be PM28 + iMacros v8.9.7 for FF. This one would be "up-to-date", and you would keep the same iMacros for FF Version like you are already currently using.

But, hum, OK, my FF55 + v8.9.7 is now "free", ah-ah...! I still have a few Scripts to run but they can run in one of my PM Profiles...
Then OK, let me have a look again, but in FF55 this time... I'm logging in again to your Site and I'll post my "Findings" very soon after that... :wink:
ivan_grozni

Post by ivan_grozni » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:29 pm

Great :)
I try to add any character(., SPACE, numbers), but nothing, it doesn't add anything... Like that form field is not selected... (Delete works like back button only if form field in not selected), so I think there is some problem...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:02 pm

ivan_grozni wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:29 pm
Great :)
I try to add any character(., SPACE, numbers), but nothing, it doesn't add anything... Like that form field is not selected... (Delete works like back button only if form field in not selected), so I think there is some problem...

Alright, I had a look on FF55 with iMacros for FF v8.9.7, and indeed, very "strange" Behaviour in this FCI, the Backspace logs me out, and the 'EVENT' Mode doesn't fill in anything... The mini-Arrows also get recorded like the Input Field and can't be used either...

BUT...! Good News, this one works for me then...!: :D
(=> Filling in the Field using the 'TAG' Mode + a "fake" Arrows 'Up' + 'Down' to increase and re-decrease the Price by 0.01...)

TAB T=1
'URL GOTO=https://gettransfer.com/en/carrier/cabinet/transfers#/4102700

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:NUMBER FORM=ID:offer_form ATTR=ID:price_to CONTENT=324
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#price_to" KEYS="[38,40]"
(Tested in iMacros for FF v8.9.7, FF v55.0.3, Win10_x64.)

(I'm logged out of your Site...)
ivan_grozni

Post by ivan_grozni » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:42 pm

Great, it works :)
I also add it to js and it works with small adjustment :)

You are the best...

macro += 'EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#price_to" KEYS="[38,40]"' + "\n";