Conditional pause with extraction how ?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
provoquestosito

Conditional pause with extraction how ?

Post by provoquestosito » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:50 pm

Firefox 56 imacros 8.9.7 windows 7

With pure iim macro it's possible create a macro that extract and when extract a particular value set in pause the macro otherwise continue ?

If i made a login and sometimes there is captcha i try to extract box of captcha, when the macro find box of captcha pause the macro, otherwise continue.

Wath type of code i can use to do this ?

Thanks
chivracq

Re: Conditional pause with extraction how ?

Post by chivracq » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:20 pm

provoquestosito wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:50 pm

Code: Select all

Firefox 56 imacros 8.9.7 windows 7
With pure iim macro it's possible create a macro that extract and when extract a particular value set in pause the macro otherwise continue ?

If i made a login and sometimes there is captcha i try to extract box of captcha, when the macro find box of captcha pause the macro, otherwise continue.

Wath type of code i can use to do this ?

Thanks

Yep, and fairly easy to implement, and "the" Solution has already been posted several times, if you searched the Forum a bit... :idea:
=> Toggle a "YES"/"NO" with 'EVAL()' to use for '!SINGLESTEP', or in your Case for '!EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP' applied to some "fake" extra 'EXTRACT', that will do the Job also... 8)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
provoquestosito

Post by provoquestosito » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:11 pm

Hi @chivracq

Thanks for your suggestion i solved with this code

TAG POS=1 TYPE=B ATTR=TXT:Are<SP>TEXT-TO-CHECK EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR1 EVAL("if (\"{{!EXTRACT}}\" == \"TEXT-TO-CHECK\") {var s = 'https://actions.google.com/sounds/v1/alarms/alarm_clock.ogg';} else {var s = \"\";} s;")
SET !VAR2 EVAL("if (\"{{!EXTRACT}}\" == \"TEXT-TO-CHECK\") {var s = 'YES';} else {var s = \"NO\";} s;")
TAB OPEN
TAB T=2
' Play Sound In New Tab
URL GOTO={{!VAR1}}
TAB T=1
' Pause
SET !SINGLESTEP {{!VAR2}}
SET !SINGLESTEP NO
You are the greatest expert of imacros I have ever known, thanks so much you can solve me all the problems of imacros ;)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:14 am

provoquestosito wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:11 pm
Hi @chivracq

Thanks for your suggestion i solved with this code

TAG POS=1 TYPE=B ATTR=TXT:Are<SP>TEXT-TO-CHECK EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR1 EVAL("if (\"{{!EXTRACT}}\" == \"TEXT-TO-CHECK\") {var s = 'https://actions.google.com/sounds/v1/alarms/alarm_clock.ogg';} else {var s = \"\";} s;")
SET !VAR2 EVAL("if (\"{{!EXTRACT}}\" == \"TEXT-TO-CHECK\") {var s = 'YES';} else {var s = \"NO\";} s;")
TAB OPEN
TAB T=2
' Play Sound In New Tab
URL GOTO={{!VAR1}}
TAB T=1
' Pause
SET !SINGLESTEP {{!VAR2}}
SET !SINGLESTEP NO
You are the greatest expert of imacros I have ever known, thanks so much you can solve me all the problems of imacros ;)

Yep, very good, exactly what I meant, and you even combine it with a Conditional Sound... Very neat... 8)

Yeah well, "greatest expert of imacros", ah-ah...! :oops: , Thanks for the Compliment, but I'm not the only Advanced User on the Forum... I was just the first to see your Thread but all (Semi-)Advanced Users would have known how to solve this one... :wink:

And, hum, interesting URL for the Sound from 'google.com' instead of playing a Local Sound, that might actually be an interesting Workaround for some other Thread... :twisted:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
provoquestosito

Post by provoquestosito » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:03 pm

@chivracq

Thank you for explaining to me the command '!SINGLESTEP'

I didn't know it is really great to create breaks with the condition, there are always new things to learn.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:12 pm

provoquestosito wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:03 pm
@chivracq

Thank you for explaining to me the command '!SINGLESTEP'

I didn't know it is really great to create breaks with the condition, there are always new things to learn.

Yeah well, it's not "complicated" to learn "new things"...! 8)
=> Simply check once the 'Command Reference' in the Wiki where all Commands are listed on one same Page, and check the ones you don't know...! :idea:

And reading from time to time a few (Pages of) Threads on the Forum is also a great way to see how other Users use iMacros and what can be done with it... :idea:
provoquestosito

Post by provoquestosito » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:31 pm

Thanks for the suggestion of the page with the various macros commands I will study it calmly, thank you again
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:21 pm

provoquestosito wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:31 pm
Thanks for the suggestion of the page with the various macros commands I will study it calmly, thank you again

Yep, you're welcome...! It "should" have been your "Bible" for the last 10 years that you've been using iMacros, ah-ah...! :shock:

You even have a Link "somewhere" (I can't locate it quickly directly...) where you can download the whole Wiki to "study it calmly" Offline... 8)
=> Exam in 2 weeks...!! :wink:
provoquestosito

Post by provoquestosito » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:03 pm

Thanks @chivracq you are Great !