Possible to change the properties of DISPLAY?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
access2vivek

Possible to change the properties of DISPLAY?

Post by access2vivek » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:40 am

Configuration: -

OS - Windows 7 (64-bit)
Browser - Mozilla Firefox v53.0
iMacros v8.9.7

Problem Statement: -

I have been working on creating an application where I require to display instructions to the user during execution of a script. I can access the display provided using iimDisplay("MESSAGE") to display any message that I want to show.
However, even the iMacros error reporting has access to it. So, any time there is an error, the message gets overridden. Also, the background color is by default green and the size of the window is small.
When the iMacros sidebar is hidden, the DISPLAY box is shown in the top-right section and the size of that is also small.

Is it possible to make changes to the display box so that I can change the background, size etc?

Tried Solution: -

I have tried editing the "imacros.jar" file in the chrome folder using the following steps:-

a. Change the filename to imacros.zip and extract to a folder.
b. Make changes to some random files.
c. Zip the 3 folders - "content","locale", and "skin" to a zip file.
d. Rename the zip file to imacros.jar

The problem with this approach that I encountered was the original jar file is 1037kb large, whereas the new zip file is around 350kb. When I delete the original imacros.jar file, Firefox blocks the extension as it is unsigned.

P.S. - I could not find rec.js file inside the extracted folder of imacros.jar.

Expectations: -

All I want to do is either make changes in the existing display area or create a new display area. Any advice is really helpful. Thank you in advance!
Robust iMacros development with quick turnaround time. Drop an email at "access2content@gmail.com" with your project details.