Request for lock window feature

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
RayB

Request for lock window feature

Post by RayB » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:47 pm

Hi all,

Running Windows 7, Firefox 69.03, iMacros VERSION BUILD=10021450 Free

A long time ago, when you clicked the iMacros icon, one version of iMacros would park the iMacros control panel on the left side of the Firefox window and then shrink the calling Firefox page to fit the two open windows on one page. I believe I also recall it 'linked' the control panel to the reduced FireFox page so that if you went to another page and clicked the original FireFox page it brought up both the control panel and the FireFox page.

I hope I have described this feature that has been removed. The reason I am asking for this is I do a lot of work with iMacros and it would save so much time by avoiding having to open the iMacros control panel, then manually shrink the original FireFox page and later is you go to another tab having to bring the iMacros control panel to sit next to the FireFox page.

If this could be added I would really appreciate it.

Any questions or possibilities this can be added back?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by RayB on Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
chivracq

Re: Request for additional feature

Post by chivracq » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:56 pm

RayB wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:47 pm
Hi all,

A long time ago, when you clicked the iMacros icon, one version of iMacros would park the iMacros control panel on the left side of the Firefox window and then shrink the calling Firefox page to fit the two open windows on one page. I believe I also recall it 'linked' the control panel to the reduced FireFox page so that if you went to another page and clicked the original FireFox page it brought up both the control panel and the FireFox page.

I hope I have described this feature that has been removed. The reason I am asking for this is I do a lot of work with iMacros and it would save so much time by avoiding having to open the iMacros control panel, then manually shrink the original FireFox page and later is you go to another tab having to bring the iMacros control panel to sit next to the FireFox page.

If this could be added I would really appreciate it.

Any questions or possibilities this can be added back?

Thanks in advance!

FCIM, like always...! :mrgreen:

And can't you think of a bit more "Descriptive" Thread Title...?, where you would already mention with "Feature" you want...? :idea:
And "Request for additional feature" doesn't sound specific at all to FF (only) to "justify" opening the Thread in the 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum, I would think... :?
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Re: Request for lock window feature

Post by chivracq » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:55 pm

Oh...!?, you are "lucky" I just noticed you checking the Forum, and I went checking your last Thread, and I was going to ask you about some Follow-up, but it turns out you had already mentioned your FCI 3 days ago already, and edited your Thread Title also..., hum Thread Title is still not very-very "explicit" without reading your OP, I would think, but OK, never mind...

It's always a bit "dangerous" to silently edit a previous Post if you don't post also some mini-Update, or I might not notice your Edit... :idea:
Running

Code: Select all

Windows 7, Firefox 69.03, iMacros VERSION BUILD=10021450 Free

But OK, so you are on v10.0.2 ('Free') for FF, and yep indeed, I understand your Qt..., but hum, the Functionality you want is actually already implemented in v10.0.x for FF/CR, you have a Setting in the iMacros Options about "Dock/Undock" (the iMacros Side-Panel), and I guess what you want is the "Dock" State..., that will "lock" the iMacros Side-Panel together with the "main" FF or CR Browser Instance...

I had done a bit of Testing about this Dock/Undock Func during the Beta-Testing Phase for v10.0.2 for FF, and I had found both States quite Buggy, to be honest... I had "quickly" chosen for the 'Undocked' Setting myself, because of my Config with 3 Screens (one Laptop + 2 external Monitors)...

From the 10-12-15 or maybe 20 "Bugs" I had reported about/related to that Functionality (+ Script Editor Window also), mostly about the 'Undocked' State (the 'Docked' State was practically unusable in my Multi-Screen Env., I found), I think only 1 got "addressed" and a bit "improved", if I remember correctly... :|

More Info if you are "interested" => "somewhere" in the (long) Thread about the Beta-Testing for v10.0.2, if I manage to find it back... :wink:
Oh, yep, easy to locate, that Thread is still pinned at the Top of the 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum...:
- iMacros 10 Beta - Sign Up and Provide Feedback Here!
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...