Simulate Device Orientation

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
kkipling5

Simulate Device Orientation

Post by kkipling5 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:35 am

Windows 10
Firefox 49/53
iMacros 8.9.7

Is it possible to simulate portrait and landscape orientation in iMacros with or without use of JS?
chivracq

Re: Simulate Device Orientation

Post by chivracq » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:00 am

kkipling5 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:35 am

Code: Select all

Windows 10
Firefox 49/53
iMacros 8.9.7
Is it possible to simulate portrait and landscape orientation in iMacros with or without use of JS?

Hum-hum-hum..., yep, I might have some Ideas, but give a concrete Example and what you've tried... :idea:

And your last/previous Thread is waiting for a next Follow-up from you I would think...? :?

And please select the "correct" Sub-Forum when you open a Thread, this one has nothing specific to FF I would think, unless you already have a "Solution" that works in some other Browser(s) (not posted...! :roll: ) but fails in FF... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
kkipling5

Post by kkipling5 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:42 am

I have not exactly tried anything because I couldn’t figure anything out. I found that webdriver.io has an orientation function but I don’t know how it can be called using JS, if it can be called at all.

I abandoned my attempt to use that proxy service provider. There’s no way that I know of to get FoxyProxy to append a random string of variables at the end of username each time.

I posted it in this sub-forum because I intended to use the workaround, if there exists one, with Firefox. If this is not the right sub-forum, please point me the right direction and I’ll request a moderator to move the thread.
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:53 am

chivracq wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:00 am
And your last/previous Thread is waiting for a next Follow-up from you I would think...? :?
I hope! :)
kkipling5 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:42 am
I have not exactly tried anything because I couldn’t figure anything out. I found that webdriver.io has an orientation function but I don’t know how it can be called using JS, if it can be called at all.
Create a "test.js" in your iMacros directory (or rename current.iim to current.js) and try it with JS.
kkipling5 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:42 am
I abandoned my attempt to use that proxy service provider. There’s no way that I know of to get FoxyProxy to append a random string of variables at the end of username each time.
With or without js? Your try as example?
Proxy threads:
  1. Hyphen (-) Not Recognized in PROXY ADDRESS
  2. Foxyproxy addon with modification (with URL GOTO and pure iim)
  3. Javascript with Proxycommand (see using proxy list or plugin on firefox?, about the proxy,a big error in wiki, Change sock5 proxy?)
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea:
kkipling5

Post by kkipling5 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:21 pm

I found that it is not the device orientation but window size that matters. Unfortunately, iMacros 8.9.7 for Firefox does not supports SIZE command. JS bookmarklets cannot resize window anymore either.

Thanks for the link to that thread. I see that your post on posting.php?mode=quote&f=2&p=83412 can make it work.