Can iMacros close dialog/download popup?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Legalien

Can iMacros close dialog/download popup?

Post by Legalien » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:25 am

iMacros 8.9.7
Firefox 55.0.2 (64-bit)
Windows 10

Can iMacros close a dialog/download popup in Firefox? This is what I'm talking about:

The reason I need this is because I have some scripts that visit random websites, and some of those websites somehow show a dialog/download popup like that, and then it just sits on the page. It doesn't really affect anything, but I find myself closing them manually sometimes, and it's just unnecessary for me to be doing that.

So I thought maybe I can put a command in my scripts to close such a popup. Is that possible?

Note: I actually googled to find a way to force Firefox to never display that popup, and to my surprise I didn't find a solution.
Buy Social Media Services - https://Socialesale.com
chivracq

Re: Can iMacros close dialog/download popup?

Post by chivracq » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:58 am

Legalien wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:25 am

Code: Select all

iMacros 8.9.7
Firefox 55.0.2 (64-bit)
Windows 10
Can iMacros close a dialog/download popup in Firefox? This is what I'm talking about:

https://i.stack.imgur.com/WsiGE.png
The reason I need this is because I have some scripts that visit random websites, and some of those websites somehow show a dialog/download popup like that, and then it just sits on the page. It doesn't really affect anything, but I find myself closing them manually sometimes, and it's just unnecessary for me to be doing that.

So I thought maybe I can put a command in my scripts to close such a popup. Is that possible?

Note: I actually googled to find a way to force Firefox to never display that popup, and to my surprise I didn't find a solution.

Grrr...!, I think I have the "Solution" and was about to post it, but you'll need to upload your Screenshot directly to the Forum instead of using an external Pix Hosting Site, like explained in the Forum Rules... :roll:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Legalien

Post by Legalien » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:50 am

Really man? You're gonna get stuck on such a small technicality? come on brooo :)

That's actually just a screenshot I got from Google images. It's pretty much what I get, same thing.

Okay...

* When sharing screenshots or other relevant files, please upload them directly to the forum rather than use a third-party hosting/sharing service.
Too often these services stop functioning or the files become unavailable for whatever reason. Uploading them here ensures that the full context of the post remains consistent over time.

How? How do I upload the screenshot to the forum? There is no upload option in the post editor, only a link option. And the rules do not explain how to upload the image to the forum.

come on maan....
Legalien

Post by Legalien » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:51 am

ff.png
This done did it?

Yesssssssssssss 8)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:59 pm

Legalien wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:50 am
Really man? You're gonna get stuck on such a small technicality? come on brooo :)

That's actually just a screenshot I got from Google images. It's pretty much what I get, same thing.

Okay...

* When sharing screenshots or other relevant files, please upload them directly to the forum rather than use a third-party hosting/sharing service.
Too often these services stop functioning or the files become unavailable for whatever reason. Uploading them here ensures that the full context of the post remains consistent over time.

How? How do I upload the screenshot to the forum? There is no upload option in the post editor, only a link option. And the rules do not explain how to upload the image to the forum.

come on maan....
Legalien wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:51 am
ff.png
This done did it?

Yesssssssssssss 8)

Ah-ah...!, well, yep indeed, you found out how to upload an Attachment to the Thread..., simply through the 'Attachments' Tab for a Post..., also available in 'Edit' Mode... :wink:
Hum..., and new to the "new" phpBB Update from January this year (2019), you can now drag&drop Attachments, cool...! I'll need to try/test that...
Hum, and maybe to check again about which File Extensions are allowed... '.txt'/'.csv'/'.iim'/'.js' were/are not allowed, only 'Images' and 'Compressed' Files...

>>>

Then OK, Downloads and Download Popups are handled in iMacros with the 'ONDOWNLOAD' Command, and yep indeed, you simply have a 'CANCEL' Syntax, which is exactly what you want, I would think...: 8)

ONDOWNLOAD CANCEL=YES
I don't "think" I've ever used/tested it, post a "real"/Example URL if "it doesn't work"/answer your Qt, if you want me to do some Testing, I don't retype URL's from a Screenshot, and that URL is probably incomplete, with a few intermediary Web-Directories missing, or the Site is behind L&P, or if your Screenshot is not even a "real" Screenshot from your Script, the File won't exist anymore, etc...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
Legalien

Post by Legalien » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:08 am

Okay. So here's what I did after I ready your reply.

I created an ugly script for testing purposes:

wait seconds=10
ONDOWNLOAD CANCEL=YES
wait seconds=10
ONDOWNLOAD CANCEL=YES
wait seconds=10
ONDOWNLOAD CANCEL=YES
wait seconds=10
ONDOWNLOAD CANCEL=YES
wait seconds=10
The plan was to visit some website that offers any sort of download, run the iMacro, and then click the download button. The download popup would appear, and I would see if the iMacro would close it or not. Good plan ey :D

But when I tried playing the script, I got this error:
wrong format of ONDOWNLOAD command, line 2 (Error code: -910)
So I googled the error, and I found this - viewtopic.php?t=24338

The guy didn't get any response, and he didn't post his specs so I assume that's why he got no response. But anyway, he had what appears to be the same error as me.

Then I checked the "Syntax" link you gave in your reply, and I read this:
CANCEL iMacros Browser IE Plug-in

Stops automatic download from websites. Note, the CANCEL parameter is implemented in versions above iMacros v9.01 and is not available in iMacros for Firefox and Chrome yet.
But I am using iMacros 8.9.7 and Firefox 55.0.2, as you can see in my opening post.

So where does this leave me? The ONDOWNLOAD is not working for my version of iMacro and/or Firefox?
Legalien

Post by Legalien » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:50 am

Ok here is how you can see the problem I have.

If you visit this link...

https://myaddictive.com/telecharger/tib ... djide.html

...you will see a download prompt will automatically popup like a bad dream!

But the problem I have is not specific to that one page or that one website. I also visit many other sites that forcibly display that download popup. So I need a solution that will work universally for those annoying download popups, not something that is page or site specific, if you know what I mean.
Legalien

Post by Legalien » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:11 pm

Any ideas?
Legalien

Post by Legalien » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:26 pm

I solved this. I got an autohotkey script created which will go through all the browsers where a download prompt may appear and click on coordinates, and I will make sure the download prompts always appear in the exact same position on all my browsers, so the Cancel button will always be in the same place on all of them.

Problem solved :)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:01 pm

Oh...!, I'm (nearly) surprised I had not posted again in this Thread as I had done (or started to do) some Testing about 1 month ago when you had posted some URL, but I guess I never finished "it"...

I had had a few "Ideas" for possible Workarounds, by "playing" with the 'CHECKSUM' and 'SIZE' Parameters of the 'ONDOWNLOAD' Command but they turned out to be a bit Buggy and not to "behave" like I had expected... And doing some Testing with Downloads is always a bit difficult for me as I often have a very slow Connection...

One other Workaround could also have been to have some 'ONDOWNLOAD' Command for/before each 'URL GOTO' and to simply download the "possible" File to some Fake/Temp Folder, same with File Name, maybe using some Empty String or some "forbidden" Chars in the File Name to try to make the Download fail... And/or maybe combined with a 'FILEDELETE', but that's not even necessary if always giving the same Name to the File, as the previous one always gets overwritten... (Not sure if that's a "desired" Behaviour, but that's what happens...)
But if several URL's in a row would trigger a Download, that could have clogged the Browser and the Download Queue, also a bit depending on the Speed/Bandwidth of the Internet Connection...

So OK, you solved it with an 'AHK' Script, probably combined with the one you already had from/for some previous Thread for some 'Pause'/'Stop' + 'Play'... 8)