Automatic plugin installation

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
YoanP

Automatic plugin installation

Post by YoanP » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:40 pm

Hi,

I would like to install automatically the imacros firefox plugin when I create a new firefox session.
If she's not existing, I create the new session with the firefox command line. But without a manually installation of the plugin, I can't play imacro.

Is it possible ?

Thanks
chivracq

Re: Automatic plugin installation

Post by chivracq » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:08 pm

YoanP wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:40 pm
Hi,

I would like to install automatically the imacros firefox plugin when I create a new firefox session.
If she's not existing, I create the new session with the firefox command line. But without a manually installation of the plugin, I can't play imacro.

Is it possible ?

Thanks

Your Thread might get moved to the 'Installation' Sub-Forum...

FCIM...! :mrgreen: (... again...!, read my Sig..., and maybe an "Idea" to read the Forum Rules "one day", you've already been asked to mention your FCI when you open a Thread on the Forum..., "we" (Advanced Users) usually don't react/answer otherwise... :idea: )

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean by "when I create a new firefox session", maybe if you posted your Script how you do that, that would be easier to "follow" you... :?
But you "normally" install iMacros only once and directly after installing FF if you already know you'll be using iMacros... (And it's an "Add-on", not a "Plugin"...)

I haven't tried for several years, but on FF at least until FF55 I think (+ iMacros for FF v8.9.7), I'm not sure if that still works with FF on WebExtensions from FF56, and it works also with Pale Moon (at least until PM26, + iMacros for FF v8.8.2), after installing FF/PM, you could copy/replace/create a FF/PM Profile from an existing Profile (even for the Default Profile) and you could also import automatically all Add-ons already installed in the "original"/'Source" Profile without the Need to redownload/reinstall them from the Mozilla Add-on Gallery. I've done it a few times "in the past", and it worked... 8)

And that Profile Creation/Copy could be automated/initiated from a '.bat' File for example, if you are on Win32/64. :idea:
It's a bit cumbersome I would think, but I would expect it to work... :|
Last edited by chivracq on Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:17 pm

[Oops, Duplicate, can be deleted...]
Last edited by chivracq on Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
YoanP

Post by YoanP » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:53 am

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I'm on windows 10, Entreprise Licence, last iMacros version.

I need to use firefox profiles in order to using proxy settings (I'm actually using iMacros browser with "PROXY" function but I want to switch to firefox).

I have a lot of profiles (about 1000) in several computers.

To create profile automatically, I use command like :

Code: Select all

firefox.exe -createProfile "%name% %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\%name%"
cd /D "%APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\%name%"
But to use iMacros with firefox, I need to install the iMacros add-on ( 8) ).
So, I need to install this addon globally, for every new created profiles.
For this, I read http://kb.mozillazine.org/Installing_ex ... stallation
but it's not working.

You have solutions ?

Thanks