iMacros Doesn't Record Login Properly

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
viking

iMacros Doesn't Record Login Properly

Post by viking » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:01 pm

I have just installed the latest Firefox and iMacros extension. However, I am not able to record a simple macro to login to websites. For example, when I try to record the login to this iMacros forum, I get this:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=10021450
URL GOTO=https://forum.imacros.net/ucp.php?mode=login
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:login ATTR=NAME:login
It doesn't log me in when played....
For starters, the username and password is missing (I have default settings to not encrypt) :?:

What am I missing? Is login not supported in the new free extension?

EDIT: Never mind. I didn't realize that the recordings are now tied in to the window from which it was launched. This was not an issue with the "old" iMacros since it was always part of the window (I have not been able to reproducibly dock the iMacros window to the Browser window, but that is another issue...)

BTW, when right clicking on a bookmarks macro, I get a popup window that has a "convert" menu item. What is the purpose of this "convert"?

Firefox 78.0.2 (64-bit)
iMacros 10.0.2.1450
Win7 (64-bit)
Tom, Tech Support

Re: iMacros Doesn't Record Login Properly

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:54 am

viking wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:01 pm
BTW, when right clicking on a bookmarks macro, I get a popup window that has a "convert" menu item. What is the purpose of this "convert"?

Hi viking,

That's so you can convert the macro from bookmark storage to an external file stored on the hard drive. But for this you need a Personal Edition license and the associated File Access module.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support