File upload is not supported in this version

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
markdixonrhd

File upload is not supported in this version

Post by markdixonrhd » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:22 pm

I am using iMacros extension for Firefox and am getting the runtime error "File upload is not supported in this version."
I heard there is a "full version" of iMacros for Firefox, would that solve this problem? How can I obtain it?
I have purchased and installed Personal Edition iMacros for IE v12.6.
I have installed the iMacros file access add-on.
I have Firefox browser v78.0.2 64-bit.
I am running Windows 10 Home Edition.
chivracq

Re: File upload is not supported in this version

Post by chivracq » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:13 am

markdixonrhd wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:22 pm
I am using iMacros extension for Firefox and am getting the runtime error "File upload is not supported in this version."
I heard there is a "full version" of iMacros for Firefox, would that solve this problem? How can I obtain it?

I have purchased and installed Personal Edition iMacros for IE v12.6.
I have installed the iMacros file access add-on.

I have

Code: Select all

Firefox browser v78.0.2 64-bit.
I am running Windows 10 Home Edition.

Oh yeah...!, I remember your previous Thread about the missing Letter..., hum, 3 years ago already, ah-ah...! :wink:

Alright, looks like I had "correctly" stressed you about mentioning our FCI then, ah-ah...! :P , you do it nearly perfectly this time, even if it's still bit "messy", you don't mention your iMacros for FF Version, but if using FF78, it will be v10.0.2 for FF, + 'PE' if using v12.6 for IE 'PE', the same 'PE' License works for IE/FF/CR and their respective iMacros Version...

But then, I'm not very knowledgeable with Installation and Licensing Pb's with the 'PE' Versions (that I don't use myself), but you've opened your Thread in the correct Sub-Forum, so @TechSup should get some Notif about it and will probably/hopefully answer it, or I will "ping" them in a few days if you don't get any Reply... :|

>>>

But hum, my mini-2-Cts, yep-yep, 'File Upload' Functionality is indeed not supported in v10.0.2 for FF ('Free' + 'PE'), that's documented in the Release Notes for that Version here:
Version 10.0.2, released July 9, 2018

This is the first version which supports Firefox Quantum (Firefox 57 and above). It is a complete new version for the Firefox Webextension API, which has more similarities with iMacros for Chrome than previous versions of iMacros for Firefox. In particular, there are some commands, variables, and functionality that were previously supported but currently are not mostly because the WebExtension API provided by Mozilla still lacks support for it.

Not supported in this version:
[...]
File upload is not supported
[...]

... I honestly don't really know why, 'File Upload' is a Browser Func, I don't know why iMacros can't trigger/support it, and only in this Version/Browser, as it works in all other Browsers/iMacros Versions, I guess it was some FF56+ WebExtensions Limitation and the iMacros Developer didn't find a Workaround before releasing v10.0.2 for FF at that time, 2 years ago already..., @TechSup will probably be able to give more Info, and maybe if some Next Version for FF is soon to be released... :|
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...