Can't Record Message Box

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Tamilselvan

Can't Record Message Box

Post by Tamilselvan » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:06 am

Firefox 45.0.1 (32-bit)
iMacros 9.0.3
Win7 (32-bit)

Hi,
I send the record one by one using iMacro..record and play option. But I could not record message box OK button . I tried the following.

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_ddlxml CONTENT=#2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_btn
ONDIALOG POS=1 BUTTON=OK CONTENT=
Also i put this statement manually but its not work.

m_2nd.jpg
FTO.jpg
If any update please guide me.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
S. Tamilselvan
chivracq

Re: Can't Record Message Box

Post by chivracq » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:58 pm

Tamilselvan wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:06 am
Firefox 45.0.1 (32-bit)
iMacros 9.0.3
Win7 (32-bit)

Hi,
I send the record one by one using iMacro..record and play option. But I could not record message box OK button . I tried the following.

TAB T=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_ddlxml CONTENT=#2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_btn
Also i put this statement manually but its not work.

m_2nd.jpg
FTO.jpg
If any update please guide me.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
S. Tamilselvan

Grrr...!, and use your ]color[ Tags "correctly" in your Posts, I have to add a 'Closing Tag' in my own Post to stop typing in Blue, ah-ah...! :shock:

Hum..., Thread probably not "really" specific to the 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum, even if v9.0.3 for FF was quite Buggy, and you could be hitting one Limitation/Bug... I've probably already told you to "prefer" v8.9.7 for FF above v9.0.3, but OK, never mind...

Trying to add manually the 'ONDIALOG' Statement is a good Idea indeed, if iMacros is not able to record it, but 'ONDIALOG' Statements need to be placed before the Statement/Button that will trigger the Dialog/Popup...:

TAB T=1
But hum..., I see some RuntimeError on one of your Screenshots, related to the DDLB, there might be some 'onchange()' JS Call on it, adding a mini-'WAIT' Statement might help..., and if the Process still works successfully in the Browser, iMacros sometimes "complains" for nothing, and '!ERRORIGNORE' can then help bypass the Error...
=> Try this one:

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB T=1
WAIT SECONDS=0.2
WAIT SECONDS=0.5
But use '!ERRORIGNORE' with "Caution" when debugging a Script as it will dismiss any RuntimeError(s) while getting this/these Error(s) is usually needed to understand what is "happening" and to find a Solution... :!:

>>>

And hum-hum..., I don't know how this "Add Digital Signature" Process is working, but if that Button needs to select a Local File on your Computer and to upload it to that Site, or if that File/Digital Signature is already on the (Web-)Server, but 'File Upload' was not supported in v9.0.3 for FF...! That's one of the Limitations of v9.0.3, so if that Process requires the File Upload Functionality, you'll still have to use v8.9.7, ah-ah...!

But I don't see any File Upload Statement in your Script, unless iMacros didn't record that Process either, which would be logical if 'File Upload' is not supported in v9.0.3..., but if that Digital Signature is selected through the DDLB, then it is already on the Server...

You could also try the 'EVENT' Mode to see if it records/behaves differently... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tamilselvan

Post by Tamilselvan » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:53 pm

Thank You for Reply...

I tried both as you guided me. But It does not detected / Worked.

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB T=1
'URL GOTO=https://mnregaweb5.nic.in/netnrega/FTO/Fto_ds_po.aspx
'wait seconds=0.2
wait seconds=1.5
Event Mode: Not able to record.

TAB T=1
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>CENTER>TABLE>TBODY>TR>TD>SELECT>OPTION:nth-of-type(2)" BUTTON=0
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>CENTER>INPUT:nth-of-type(2)" BUTTON=0
Please help...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:26 pm

Tamilselvan wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:53 pm
Thank You for Reply...

I tried both as you guided me. But It does not detected / Worked.

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB T=1
'wait seconds=0.2
wait seconds=1.5
Event Mode: Not able to record.

TAB T=1
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>CENTER>TABLE>TBODY>TR>TD>SELECT>OPTION:nth-of-type(2)" BUTTON=0
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>CENTER>INPUT:nth-of-type(2)" BUTTON=0
Please help...

Yeah, "please help", you are quite "funny", I'm already helping you I would think, or at least I try..., but I don't know/understand this "Digital Signature" Functionality, you don't explain how it works, if it's specific to this Web-Site or if it's some "Generic" Web-Technology, and I can't have a Look at the Site as it is behind Login&Password..., then there is not much I can do...

But if iMacros in 'TAG' Mode + 'EVENT' Mode doesn't record any 'ONDIALOG' Statement on that Popup/'OK' Button, then I guess the 'ONDIALOG' is not the right Command to use to dismiss it... I don't know, try any of the other 'ON_XXX_DIALOG' Commands, maybe 'ONERRORDIALOG'...

You can also try the 'CLICK' Mode (after a 'WAIT' Statement) to try to click that Popup away, but I think v9.0.3 for FF only supported that Mode in "Backward Compatibility Replay", you could not record anymore in this Mode, you would need to use some "Tool" to get the Coordinates of the 'OK' Button on the Page...

Also to try is to record a "slow" Click on that 'OK' Button using the 'EVENT' Mode, (= click "slowly" and/or include a mini-MouseMove of a few Pixels) that iMacros will record as a 'MOUSEDOWN' + 'MOUSEMOVE' + 'MOUSEUP', and the 'MOUSEUP' Statement will also include the Coords that you can use with the 'CLICK' Mode...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...