opening content on new tabs in Firefox

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Ray001

opening content on new tabs in Firefox

Post by Ray001 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:32 am

Hello,

I'm new at this so I hope you'll bear with me.

I'm trying to use iMacros in Firefox to open a couple of new tabs with content.

Usually I would open the webpage I need and then click on a text-link openning them manually (CLTR+click button) so I can see the specific content in a new tab.

When I create a macro it looks like this:

VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=B ATTR=TXT:Profile<SP>Review
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Full<SP>Report

But when I run it will open the Full<SP>Report content on the same page.

Does someone know how to have the Profile<SP>Review and the Full<SP>Report content both opened on new (separate tabs)

Thanks a lot for your advice!
Ray001

Re: opening content on new tabs in Firefox

Post by Ray001 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:05 am

Hi.

Does anyone know how to solve the issue I posted here some time ago?

Thank you
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:29 am

Ray001 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:32 am
Hello,

I'm new at this so I hope you'll bear with me.

I'm trying to use iMacros in Firefox to open a couple of new tabs with content.

Usually I would open the webpage I need and then click on a text-link openning them manually (CLTR+click button) so I can see the specific content in a new tab.

When I create a macro it looks like this:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=B ATTR=TXT:Profile<SP>Review
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Full<SP>Report
But when I run it will open the Full<SP>Report content on the same page.

Does someone know how to have the Profile<SP>Review and the Full<SP>Report content both opened on new (separate tabs)

Thanks a lot for your advice!
Ray001 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:05 am
Hi.

Does anyone know how to solve the issue I posted here some time ago?

Thank you

Yeah, well, always a "good Idea" maybe to read the Forum Rules when you join a Tech Forum, that will "speed up the Process" if you want some Help... :idea:
=> FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig also...)
=> iMacros for FF v9.0.3(...?), FF v...?, OS =...?

>>>

And hum, you opened your Thread in the 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum, meaning that your Thread is specific to FF, => you also need to mention in which other FCI(s) you've tested and where the Behaviour is different than in your [v9.0.3 for FF + FF Version not mentioned] Environment.

And if you "only" opened your Thread in the FF Sub-Forum because you use iMacros for FF, but didn't test/try in different FCI's, then this Thread should have been opened in the 'General' Sub-Forum... Pay attention to select the "correct" Sub-Forum when you open a Thread... (... for next time..., or I don't react...) :!:

>>>

Then hum..., Script posted, OK good... :D , but any chance you can post the URL of your Site, if you want any Advanced User to have a Look...? :idea:
No URL posted, => I will only give you some "Generic" Advice..., like explained in my Sig also... :|
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:57 am

Pfff, asking for Help and can't even follow up on your Thread(s), while you've seen my Reply... i don't really get it... Is it really so complicated to mention 3 Versions about your Environment...!? :?

Oh well, fair enough, good luck further on this Forum... :|
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...