Error setting up multiple profiles for Firefox

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
SimplyMaarten

Error setting up multiple profiles for Firefox

Post by SimplyMaarten » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:57 pm

Hi,

We've set up multiple Firefox profiles in order to run multiple iMacros scripts at the same time.
However, Only one of the profiles seems to work and whenever we access another profile we get redirected to the one profile that works.

What do I mean by this? When I log in to a profile and then check which profile is active by going to about:profiles, there is only one profile active.
When I check the folder by going to about:support and then opening the folder, I always end up in the folder of one and the same profile.

Even if I open a profile from the about:profiles page by clicking "open profile in a new window" and then I check which profile is open, I end up in one and the same folder of one profile every time. The profile I end up with seems to be the first profile I opened after starting the server (I'm running these scripts from a server so that they are always running in the background)

I want to run mutliple scripts as well as use the task scheduler to make scripts start automatically when the server is restarted for example. But right now this is not possible.
Cause right now when I use the task scheduler to open the script in a new FF profile and start running the Macro, it doesn't open a new profile, but just opens a tab in the profile that is currently open. Even though In the .bat file I use it a specific profile is specified.

I'm running FFv56

Did anyone have this problem before and found any solutions?
chivracq

Re: Error setting up multiple profiles for Firefox

Post by chivracq » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:41 pm

SimplyMaarten wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:57 pm
Hi,

We've set up multiple Firefox profiles in order to run multiple iMacros scripts at the same time.
However, Only one of the profiles seems to work and whenever we access another profile we get redirected to the one profile that works.

What do I mean by this? When I log in to a profile and then check which profile is active by going to about:profiles, there is only one profile active.
When I check the folder by going to about:support and then opening the folder, I always end up in the folder of one and the same profile.

Even if I open a profile from the about:profiles page by clicking "open profile in a new window" and then I check which profile is open, I end up in one and the same folder of one profile every time. The profile I end up with seems to be the first profile I opened after starting the server (I'm running these scripts from a server so that they are always running in the background)

I want to run mutliple scripts as well as use the task scheduler to make scripts start automatically when the server is restarted for example. But right now this is not possible.
Cause right now when I use the task scheduler to open the script in a new FF profile and start running the Macro, it doesn't open a new profile, but just opens a tab in the profile that is currently open. Even though In the .bat file I use it a specific profile is specified.

I'm running

Code: Select all

FFv56
Did anyone have this problem before and found any solutions?

FCIM for me to read, "FF56" is not enough, read my Sig... :mrgreen:

And I'm still "waiting" for some Follow-up on your previous Thread, from 8 months ago, first follow up on your previous Thread (and finish it "correctly and useful" for the Community) and then you can bump this one in 8 Months, if you are still looking for a Solution..., ah-ah...! :wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...