Imacros (javascript) getting variable value from custom input dialog

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
gardin

Re: Imacros (javascript) getting variable value from custom input dialog

Post by gardin » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:19 am

chivracq wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:57 am
Yep, not surprised, 5 Tags is "too much" for SOF, only "looking for Pb's", ah-ah...!
=> 'jquery' Tag is being watched by 411,000+ Users, ah-ah...!, you pissed them all off, ah-ah...!, be happy if you get less than 40,000 x (-1), ah-ah...!! :roll:
So now i am counting you in this forum lol :wink: have posted the thread already
The best part asking here, no up/downvote button means no one gets judged "innocently" :lol:
techimac

Post by techimac » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:14 pm

var a = prompt ("Enter value of a");
alert (a);

Do you mean this input from user?
Available for custom iim, javascript iMacros scripts
gardin

Post by gardin » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:29 pm

techimac wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:14 pm
alert (a);

No in this thread i was asking specifically in 'custom' input dialong, not built-in PROMPT

This thread have been solved by creating "fake" dialog using javascript/jquery

However i have another thread that isn't yet solved. Can you help? I am willing to pay for this to be solved
viewtopic.php?p=86836#p86836
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:39 am

gardin wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:29 pm
techimac wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:14 pm
alert (a);

No in this thread i was asking specifically in 'custom' input dialong, not built-in PROMPT

This thread have been solved by creating "fake" dialog using javascript/jquery

However i have another thread that isn't yet solved. Can you help? I am willing to pay for this to be solved
viewtopic.php?p=86836#p86836

Hum, @OP, 'prompt()' (JS Method) and 'PROMPT' (iMacros Command) are not "the same", ah-ah...! :!:
The iMacros 'PROMPT Command actually implements in "just one" Command the Func from all 3 JS Methods ('prompt()' + 'alert()' + 'confirm()'). 8)

@techimac, nope-nope, you didn't really understand the "Scenario", (hum..., took me a "while" also, to be honest, ah-ah...! :oops: ), it's a "little bit" more complicated "than that", ah-ah...! :twisted:
=> The "a" in "alert(a)" comes from some "dynamically" on-the-fly generated Popup and has been declared in the [onclick=\"javascript:(function(){ var a=document.getElementsByClassName('c');a=a[0]; alert(a.value); }) ()\"] Declaration from that Popup HTML/JS Source, as you can see from this Post from @OP where the whole Source Code for the Popup is visible...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
techimac

Post by techimac » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:54 pm

Sorry I didnt went through the code.
Available for custom iim, javascript iMacros scripts