Can firefox 85 with file access upload file?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
qnguye

Can firefox 85 with file access upload file?

Post by qnguye » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:14 am

Can someone verify with me that upload file function work with latest firefox + latest imacros (paid version)?
chivracq

Re: Can firefox 85 with file access upload file?

Post by chivracq » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:56 pm

qnguye wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:14 am
Can someone verify with me that upload file function work with latest firefox + latest imacros (paid version)?

FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
"latest" doesn't mean much on a Tech Forum, simply mention the exact Versions...
=> iMacros for FF v10.0.2 'PE', FF85, Win7/Win10(...?)

To answer your Qt (from your Thread Title), => Nope, 'File Upload' Func not supported, like documented in the Release Notes for v10.0.2 for FF... :(
(And this is independent from your FF Version, => applies to FF[v56(+) - v85(+)].)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
qnguye

Post by qnguye » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:21 pm

Reason that I asked because I see the comparison edition page confused me.
https://www.progress.com/imacros/compare-versions
The site listed Chrome can upload but it doesn't. I asked the sale guy and he told me firefox upload works too. I was impressed but i couldn't get it to work. I wish the site is up to date and the sale guy didn't say yes if he doesn't know or unsure. Btw, the latest firefox 85 + imacros 12.6 + File Access 10.1 still can't upload (All imacros editions)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:52 pm

qnguye wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:21 pm
Reason that I asked because I see the comparison edition page confused me.
https://www.progress.com/imacros/compare-versions
The site listed Chrome can upload but it doesn't. I asked the sale guy and he told me firefox upload works. I was impressed but i couldn't get it to work. I wish the site is up to date and the sale guy didn't say yes if he doesn't know or unsure.

Well, the 'Compare Versions' Page looks correct to me actually, afaik, 'File Upload' is indeed supported in v10.1.0 for CR + v12.6 for IE.
Only v10.0.2 for FF doesn't support 'File Upload'....

"The site listed Chrome can upload but it doesn't."
=> It "should work" in CR, I would think... (And I think you don't even need the 'PE' Version and the 'FIO-Module' for Local File Access, it also works with the 'Free' Version...)

I will ping @TechSupport if they want to confirm my Reply...

That you didn't manage to "get it to work" in CR could be Site-Specific, then @TechSup will need a Script to try to reproduce the "Issue"... :idea:

>>>

Possibly "related", several Users since a few months have reported Issues in CR only with v10.0.5 for CR + v10.1.0 for CR starting from CR85+ (I think..., was a bit of a "hassle" to get those Users to mention their FCI, hum..., a bit like you in this Thread also, ah-ah...! :wink: ), with only "certain" Sites, and only about 'File Download', not about 'File Upload'... So it could be that some Sites are "starting" to use some "new" Technology/Syntax for 'Download' + 'Upload' that iMacros for CR cannot handle (yet), but @TechSup and @Dev will need to be able to reproduce the "Behaviour", but none of the Users "impacted" provided a Script and enough Info... :|

Link to the (main) Thread about the 'File Download' Issue with v10.x for CR:
- ondownload failing to rename file
(But again, I don't know if it's "related"...)

>>>

And "otherwise", 'File Upload' works "correctly", (well, unless Site-Specific and more and more Sites won't be supported as time goes by...), in iMacros for FF v8.9.7, which works in FF[49-56] (recommended = FF v55.0.3), or Browsers Forked on FF that still get updated with Security Patches but that didn't adopt the 'WebExtensions' Architecture like 'Pale Moon' (=> PM28) or 'Basilisk' and 'WaterFox' (=> both v2020/v2021)... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:31 pm

chivracq wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:52 pm
So it could be that some Sites are "starting" to use some "new" Technology/Syntax for 'Download' + 'Upload' that iMacros for CR cannot handle (yet), but @TechSup and @Dev will need to be able to reproduce the "Behaviour", but none of the Users "impacted" provided a Script and enough Info... :|
A little better free version like very limited FIO is helpful in this case (e.g. only 1 file and very small textfile for tests).
And a buy form with VATID for iMacros in EU is useful and more payment options (i see only creditcard and paypal).
chivracq wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:52 pm
...but that didn't adopt the 'WebExtensions' Architecture like ... and 'WaterFox' (=> both v2020/v2021)... :idea:
WaterFox has a little 'WebExtensions' Architecture but limited. A few addons are usable (e.g. UI.Vision Kantu 5.2.3).
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea:
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:19 pm

qnguye wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:14 am
File Upload is still currently not supported in the latest iMacros for Firefox. Alternative is to use a different browser, or a 'legacy' version of iMacros for Firefox (8.9.7 recommended) in a pre-Quantum version of Firefox.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support