WhatsApp Web Automation using Events

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
susheelseth

WhatsApp Web Automation using Events

Post by susheelseth » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:17 am

I have created a WhatsApp Group name - "Test" but I am using iMacros event to select the group then it's selecting the group based on the position (1st, 2nd, etc.) But Whatsapp keeps on changing the group (Test) position based on recent conversation and because of this, the script is selecting some other chat as per position recorded during event recording.

Is it possible to combine TAG and EVENT together in a script so that It select the same group based on the ATTR:TXT:Test?

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO      
SET !DATASOURCE C:\Users\HOME\Documents\iMacros\Datasources\Datasources-WhatsApp.csv
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}
TAB T=1
EVENT [b]TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Test[/b] BUTTON=0
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>FOOTER>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)" BUTTON=0
WAIT SECONDS=2
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>FOOTER>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)" CHARS={{!COL1}} 
WAIT SECONDS=2
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>FOOTER>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)" KEYS="[37,13]"
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Test
chivracq

Re: WhatsApp Web Automation using Events

Post by chivracq » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:04 pm

susheelseth wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:17 am
I have created a WhatsApp Group name - "Test" but I am using iMacros event to select the group then it's selecting the group based on the position (1st, 2nd, etc.) But Whatsapp keeps on changing the group (Test) position based on recent conversation and because of this, the script is selecting some other chat as per position recorded during event recording.

Is it possible to combine TAG and EVENT together in a script so that It select the same group based on the ATTR:TXT:Test?

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO      
SET !DATASOURCE C:\Users\HOME\Documents\iMacros\Datasources\Datasources-WhatsApp.csv
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}
TAB T=1
EVENT [b]TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Test[/b] BUTTON=0
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>FOOTER>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)" BUTTON=0
WAIT SECONDS=2
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>FOOTER>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)" CHARS={{!COL1}} 
WAIT SECONDS=2
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>FOOTER>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)" KEYS="[37,13]"
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Test

Hum..., pay attention to select the "correct" Sub-Forum, (next time) when you open a Thread, (or I don't try to help), this one has probably nothing specific to the 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum... :!:

>>>

(F)CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
=> iMacros for FF v9.0.3...?, FF55...?, OS...?

+ Maybe an "Idea" to read the Forum Rules also, you will "speed up the Process" if you want some Help... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...