Blank/Grey Interface on 8.9.7

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
RE222

Blank/Grey Interface on 8.9.7

Post by RE222 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:16 pm

I am running version 8.9.7 on an instance of firefox 49.0.2. When I click the plugin icon on the toolbar to open imacros, the interface pops open to the left as expected. However the interface is a grey box and I can't see anything. It seems that the interface is still functional--for example, if I click the upper right corner of the grey box where the close window/X should be, the interface closes.

Has anybody run into this greyed out interface / blank interface situation?

UPDATE: It appears to be all dialog boxes within this version of firefox, so I don't think the error is imacros specific. That being said, if anybody knows how to fix all dialog boxes being grey in firefox, that would be great!
chivracq

Re: Blank/Grey Interface on 8.9.7

Post by chivracq » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:55 pm

RE222 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:16 pm
I am running

Code: Select all

version 8.9.7 on an instance of firefox 49.0.2.
When I click the plugin icon on the toolbar to open imacros, the interface pops open to the left as expected. However the interface is a grey box and I can't see anything. It seems that the interface is still functional--for example, if I click the upper right corner of the grey box where the close window/X should be, the interface closes.

Has anybody run into this greyed out interface / blank interface situation?

UPDATE: It appears to be all dialog boxes within this version of firefox, so I don't think the error is imacros specific. That being said, if anybody knows how to fix all dialog boxes being grey in firefox, that would be great!

Nope, haven't run into that "Situation", I currently use v8.9.7 for FF on FF v55.0.3 (+ Win10_Pro_x64), since several years actually, and it works just fine, both with the Sidebar on the Left (Default) or on the Right...

Maybe to check if you get also the same Pb with the Bookmarks Sidebar (Ctrl^b) or the History Sidebar (Ctrl^h)...

Any Reason why you staid at FF49...?, v8.9.7 for FF works until FF56, recommended = FF v55.0.3, or it works also on 'Pale Moon' (PM28), 'Basilisk' (v2021), 'WaterFox' (v2021) etc, Browsers forked on FF that didn't adopt the 'WebExtensions' Architecture...

You could also try reinstalling the iMacros Add-on... :idea:

Could be also that you have some other Add-on using the Sidebar also and both are "conflicting"/fighting for the Space... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...