(Error code: -921)

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
H@rry

(Error code: -921)

Post by H@rry » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:43 pm

I have a macro that has been working for years. It reads txt file for parameters to include in URL for a Yahoo download. Now I'm trying to create another macro to do something similar. It gives the -921 error trying to retrieve data from the file (although the file is found).

I wondered if the problem could be with the file it was trying to access itself so I changed the original macro to read the new file. If failed as well so I assumed that the problem was with the file. When I changed the original macro back to read the original file it began to generate the same error (using the same file as before). It does not throw an error on the DATASOURCE line but on the INPUT line.

Here is the original macro that no longer works:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
'SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB T=1
'SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 30
'SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 15
SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO
SET !DATASOURCE d:\stox17\newstocks\macrodates.txt
SET !DATASOURCE_COLUMNS 2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=NAME:start CONTENT={{!COL1}}
TAG POS=2 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=NAME:end CONTENT={{!COL2}}
SET !VAR1 EVAL({{!COL1}})
SET !VAR2 EVAL({{!COL2}})
SET !DATASOURCE d:\stox17\newstocks\macroparm.txt
TAG POS=3 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=NAME:symbol CONTENT={{!COL1}}
URL GOTO=https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/{{!COL1}}/history?period1={{!VAR1}}&period2={{!VAR2}}&interval=1d&filter=history&frequency=1d
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TABLE ATTR=TXT:* EXTRACT=TXT
'ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=d:\stox17\newstocks\ FILE={{!COL1}}.csv WAIT=YES
SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=d:\\stox17\\newstocks\\ FILE={{!COL1}}.csv
TAG POS=2 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Download<SP>Data
WAIT SECONDS=3
TAB CLOSE
The datafile is;

"1551657600","1633737600"
The error occurs @ line 10: TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=NAME:start CONTENT={{!COL1}}
element INPUT specified by NAME:start was not found, line: 10 (Error code: -921)

Thanx for any help
H@rry

Re: (Error code: -921)

Post by H@rry » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:47 pm

Forgot to mention Windows 10. Firefox 55.0.3 (32-bit) I'm using an older version of Firefox because when I upgraded in the past some of my macro stopped working.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:04 pm

H@rry wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:43 pm
I have a macro that has been working for years. It reads txt file for parameters to include in URL for a Yahoo download. Now I'm trying to create another macro to do something similar. It gives the -921 error trying to retrieve data from the file (although the file is found).

I wondered if the problem could be with the file it was trying to access itself so I changed the original macro to read the new file. If failed as well so I assumed that the problem was with the file. When I changed the original macro back to read the original file it began to generate the same error (using the same file as before). It does not throw an error on the DATASOURCE line but on the INPUT line.

Here is the original macro that no longer works:

VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
'SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB T=1
'SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 30
'SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 15
SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO
SET !DATASOURCE d:\stox17\newstocks\macrodates.txt
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=NAME:start CONTENT={{!COL1}}
TAG POS=2 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=NAME:end CONTENT={{!COL2}}
SET !VAR1 EVAL({{!COL1}})
SET !VAR2 EVAL({{!COL2}})
SET !DATASOURCE d:\stox17\newstocks\macroparm.txt
TAG POS=3 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=NAME:symbol CONTENT={{!COL1}}
URL GOTO=https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/{{!COL1}}/history?period1={{!VAR1}}&period2={{!VAR2}}&interval=1d&filter=history&frequency=1d
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TABLE ATTR=TXT:* EXTRACT=TXT
'ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=d:\stox17\newstocks\ FILE={{!COL1}}.csv WAIT=YES
SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=d:\\stox17\\newstocks\\ FILE={{!COL1}}.csv
TAG POS=2 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Download<SP>Data
WAIT SECONDS=3
TAB CLOSE
The datafile is;

"1551657600","1633737600"
The error occurs @ line 10: TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=NAME:start CONTENT={{!COL1}}
element INPUT specified by NAME:start was not found, line: 10 (Error code: -921)

Thanx for any help
H@rry wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:47 pm
Forgot to mention

Windows 10.

Yep..., not good enough..., for me to read/do any Thinking/Digging... :(
=> FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:46 am

H@rry wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:47 pm
Forgot to mention

Windows 10. Firefox 55.0.3 (32-bit)
I'm using an older version of Firefox because when I upgraded in the past some of my macro stopped working.

Oh...!?, I was going to "bash you a bit" for not reacting to my "FCIM" from 6h ago, but you had apparently still edited your last Post while I was "waiting for that = your FCI" at that moment, and didn't notice your (silent) Edit when I posted my Reply...

Then OK, a bit better, but still "FCIM", sorry, your iMacros Version is still missing, and I don't do any Thinking/Digging in a Thread until FCI has been mentioned, is it so "complicated" to mention 3 Versions...!? :roll:

Nothing wrong btw with FF v55.0.3, this is the FF Version I personally recommend with v8.9.7 for FF, but "we" still don't know which iMacros Version you are using, your Script mentions v9.0.3 for FF, which is/was pretty Buggy, and you mention yourself that your Script is a few years old, and "I thought" I had managed to convince you to switch to v8.9.7 from your previous Thread, 2 years ago...? :?

=> Check your iMacros Version and add your FCI to your OP, preferably at the very Top of your Thread, this is the very first Info "we" (Advanced Users and @TechSup) need to read/answer a Thread... :idea:
And do "Things" a bit "correctly", I have very little time "at the moment" for the Forum, (bit of stress moving between 2 Aparts), so I won't go "fighting" any further for the 3 Versions about your FCI if that's "too complicated" for you, I only reacted because your first/previous Thread had been of "correct Quality"... :idea:

>

+ URL of the Page/Site not mentioned/included in the Script, => you'll only get some "generic" Advice from me...
Nice to mention the Content of your 'Col1'/'Col2', but if you don't include the URL, we can't do anything with those, ah-ah...! :P

>>>

+ Thread opened in the "wrong" Sub-Forum, nothing much specific to the 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum, yep 'Error Code = -921' is specific to FF, but this is not the "Core Issue", that same Error about "HTML Element Not Found by 'TAG' Command" exists for all Browsers/Versions of iMacros... :?
=> Thread Title is not very-very Descriptive about the (real) Scenario/Issue... :idea:

=> But OK, don't do anything (about the "wrong" Sub-Forum), I'll move your Thread to the 'Data Extraction' Sub-Forum once you'll have seen/reacted to my Reply... :!:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...