Waterfox not stopping js loop completely

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
loveimacros

Waterfox not stopping js loop completely

Post by loveimacros » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:09 am

Waterfox v2021/2020/2019
iMacros 8.9.7, 8.8.7, 8.8.2
MacOSX

FF takes a lot of CPU on Mac. I am trying FF alternative. Currently Waterfox is only option I can find installers. However, I run into problem with js loop.
Here's snippet of my js loop. It looks like iMacros ONLY stop current iim running not the entire js script. There's no such problem with Firefox v52 or v55.
This is causing Unresponsive Javascript problem on Waterfox.

What should I do? Do i have to give up Waterfox. What's best working combo if WaterFox versions and iMacros version?

Thanks.

function updateRow() {
iimPlay("updaterow.iim");
}

function updateMutipleRows(count) {
for(;i<=count;i++){
updateRow();
iimPlay("CODE:WAIT SECONDS=5");
}
}
updateMutipleRows(300);
thecoder2012

Re: Waterfox not stopping js loop completely

Post by thecoder2012 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:41 pm

loveimacros wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:09 am
MacOSX
You can try windows or linux (as VM too) with Basilisk browser. Or see Pale moon and iMacros version?.
loveimacros wrote:
FF takes a lot of CPU on Mac. I am trying FF alternative.
CPU is always high in some cases.
loveimacros wrote:
Currently Waterfox is only option I can find installers. However, I run into problem with js loop.
Without installer you can try a compile for Basilisk browser under your Mac system. (Good luck!)
Or you can try ui.vision in this case.
loveimacros wrote:
Here's snippet of my js loop.
Incompleted snipped. :evil:
loveimacros wrote:
It looks like iMacros ONLY stop current iim running not the entire js script. There's no such problem with Firefox v52 or v55.
Endless loops without error handling is never a good idea and old browsers are not useful in the futures.
loveimacros wrote:
This is causing Unresponsive Javascript problem on Waterfox.
Better script in this case with enough errorhandling. (e.g. low iim commands, much javascript commands with checks every few seconds or auto restart)
loveimacros wrote:
What should I do? Do i have to give up Waterfox. What's best working combo if WaterFox versions and iMacros version?
Sometimes is the combo not the best solution but you can try all versions with portable edition.
loveimacros wrote:
function updateRow() {
iimPlay("updaterow.iim");
}

function updateMutipleRows(count) {
for(;i<=count;i++){
updateRow();
iimPlay("CODE:WAIT SECONDS=5");
}
}
updateMutipleRows(300);
What is in the file "updaterow.iim" and why is "count" without declaration? :wink:
Usually as workaround you can try auto restart with embedded htmlfile (or imacros://) as start helper if your script is good enough in this case.

Better loops like this:

Code: Select all

for (var i=1;i<10;i++){
iimSet("i",i)
iimPlay(macro)
}
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea: