Macro stops working when I try to press a button

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Ethan Vermont

Macro stops working when I try to press a button

Post by Ethan Vermont » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:39 am

I want to automate my attendance process for online school, however, my macro does not recognize the submit button.

VERSION BUILD=10101485

Windows 11 Home

Firefox 96.0.1 (64-bit

The error message says "RuntimeError: element INPUT specified by ID:popup_confirm was not found, line: 6"

My code is:

VERSION BUILD=10101485
URL GOTO=https://d11.schoology.com/assignment/55 ... assessment
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:s-assessment-question-fill-form-1 ATTR=ID:begin-test-quiz
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=ID:s-assessment-question-fill-form ATTR=ID:edit-questions-1590733061-answer-t
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:s-assessment-question-fill-form ATTR=ID:edit-submit
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON ATTR=ID:popup_confirm
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Courses
TAG POS=3 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Mr.<SP>Wortmann's<SP>EconomicsSection<SP>3Achieve<SP>Online*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Attendance<SP>Quiz
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:s-assessment-question-fill-form-1 ATTR=ID:begin-test-quiz
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=ID:s-assessment-question-fill-form ATTR=ID:edit-questions-1590920724-answer-t
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:s-assessment-question-fill-form ATTR=ID:edit-submit

Thanks so much :D
chivracq

Re: Macro stops working when I try to press a button

Post by chivracq » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:31 am

Ethan Vermont wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:39 am
I want to automate my attendance process for online school, however, my macro does not recognize the submit button.

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=10101485
Windows 11 Home
Firefox 96.0.1 (64-bit
The error message says "RuntimeError: element INPUT specified by ID:popup_confirm was not found, line: 6"

My code is:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=10101485
URL GOTO=https://d11.schoology.com/assignment/5531462182/assessment
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=ID:s-assessment-question-fill-form ATTR=ID:edit-questions-1590733061-answer-t
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Courses
TAG POS=3 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Mr.<SP>Wortmann's<SP>EconomicsSection<SP>3Achieve<SP>Online*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Attendance<SP>Quiz
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=ID:s-assessment-question-fill-form ATTR=ID:edit-questions-1590920724-answer-t
Thanks so much :D

FCI mentioned, => perfect...! :D , but 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial' is still missing about the v10.1.0 Version for FF...?
(Even if that shouldn't play a role for this Case...)

Site is behind Login and Password, I can't have a look, then OK, I would have a few Qt's/Remarks/Suggestions...

- The Line/Statement about this "popup_confirm" Button looks pretty "Standard" to me...
But if some "Standard" Popup comes up (with 'Yes/No' or 'OK/Cancel'), then iMacros might need the 'ONDIALOG' Command to handle it, but that Command is not supported/implemented (yet) in v10.1.0 for FF. :(
=> You would need to check/try on 'Chrome' (=> + iMacros v10.1.1 for CR) if that works better (first with the exact same Script) then trying to re-record your Actions to see if iMacros for CR can record the ("missing"?) 'ONDIALOG' Command... :idea:

- If that Popup is of a "more complex Structure", generated on-the-fly from JavaScript, the 'TAG' Mode could indeed have some "Difficulties" handling it (although the 'Record' Mode in that Case would probably not have been able to record anything...), and the 'EVENT' Mode could help then, but "again", the 'EVENT' Mode is not supported/implement (yet) in v10.1.0 for FF, and you would also have to try in v10.1.1 for CR. :idea:

>>>

Oh...!? :? , but, hum..., I see that the Wiki Page for the 'ONDIALOG' Command doesn't list/mention CR as supporting this Command, but on the other hand, the Version History for v10.x for CR (=> since v10.0.1 for CR) doesn't mention anything either about 'ONDIALOG' not being supported/implemented, so I'm a bit "surprised" and "confused", ah-ah...! :o :?
(I thought only v10.x for FF didn't support that Command anymore, and it's clearly mentioned in the Version History for v10.x for FF, => v10.0.2 for FF then, at that time...)

But trying in CR would still be a "good Idea" anyway, even if it's only for the 'EVENT' Mode... Although that won't change anything if the 'ONDIALOG' Command is "really" needed, and v10.1.1 for CR "indeed" doesn't support it... Grrrr...!
But I will then have some further Suggs/Recommendations if that Command is really needed... :twisted:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Ethan Vermont

Re: Macro stops working when I try to press a button

Post by Ethan Vermont » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:28 pm

Thank you so much for the quick and detailed response! I took your suggestion and tried it on chrome, however the same problem occurred. I'm a coding noob, so I don't know what the ONDIALOG command does. Sorry :( I read on the wiki that it extracts the code in JavaScript, so I'm assuming you were asking if I did that so you could see the code in JavaScript. Can you clarify for me? Also, I tried putting in SET !EXTRACTDIALOG YES in the second line and then the final line, however that didn't work lol. Can you help me out on this? Thanks again

Edit: I just tried pasting the same SET !EXTRACTDIALOG YES thing before the problem line in both Chrome and Firefox, and it did not work

Edit: Sorry I just realized that you were asking to clarify if the version I am using is free, and it is.