Deleting Cache and Cookies with iMacros

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
speedz84

Deleting Cache and Cookies with iMacros

Post by speedz84 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:48 pm

I noticed whenever I run a script with imacros and use the "CLEAR" function it does not fully delete the entire cache and cookies of the browser leaving tons of elements from the previous session and does not fully clear everything. I was wondering if you guys have any method to make sure when you call a function in imacros it makes sure to 100% clear all cache and cookies and not leave anything behind before I loop the script?

I tried recording a script in imacros where you can click CTRL+SHIFT+DELETE to open up the clear all history menu in Firefox but for some reason imacros cannot detect that menu or click any of the buttons, so I'm only stuck with the "CLEAR" command that is build in but does not fully clear cache and cookies. Anyone have a solution so when you have a script in loop to makes sure imacros fully clears all cache and cookies when you start another loop as I cannot find a solution at this moment.

Windows 11
iMacros for Firefox 10.1.0.1485 Personal Edition
Firefox 98.0.1 (64-bit)
Attachments
screen.jpg
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Deleting Cache and Cookies with iMacros

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri May 13, 2022 9:25 am

This issue has been logged for further investigation by the development team.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
speedz84

Re: Deleting Cache and Cookies with iMacros

Post by speedz84 » Thu May 19, 2022 1:00 am

Thank You Tom,

This is a big problem because when you run a script and want to loop it again, things like cookies, cache, local storage is being tracked by the websites from the last session, this makes automation pointless because if the "CLEAR" function does not clear the local cache, storage and cookies you are being tracked and still in the same session.

It would be great if your team got a fix for this to make sure all cache, local storage and cookies are cleaned when you call this command, because without this function you have to do everything manually.
It would be great if iMacros had a function where if you call "CLEAR" it automatically click crtl+shift+del and open the the menu in firefox, checks all the checkboxes and click OK and it would solve the problem. If you get a solution or a update fix please let me know asap, as this function is 100% broken in Firefox and calling "CLEAR" does not delete the cache, local storage or cookies.
Attachments
clear.jpg