How to run script on startup?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Legalien

How to run script on startup?

Post by Legalien » Sun May 08, 2022 1:56 am

Windows 10
iMacros 10.1.0.1485
Firefox 91.0.1 (64-bit)

I have to start using the newer version of Firefox and iMacros because unfortunately I have 2 sites that I visit which will not get through stupid Cloudflare with Firefox 55, and with Firefox 56. It just gets stuck on perpetual loading.

Anyway my scripts for these sites are very simple, and 50 lines are exactly enough to do what I need to do. However, I would need to run my iMacro when I start the browser. Like we used to do with:

imacros://run/?m=myscript.iim

And I also will add that I did try google and reading the forum for a solution, and I tried creating an .html file on my desktop and putting my entire script in it, and then making that file open on startup. But that just made it open the contents of the file on browser startup, it did not make it run the script.

Please tell me how to do it? Thanks
Buy Social Media Services - https://Socialesale.com
thecoder2012

Re: How to run script on startup?

Post by thecoder2012 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:00 pm

Legalien wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 1:56 am
Windows 10
iMacros 10.1.0.1485
Firefox 91.0.1 (64-bit)

I have to start using the newer version of Firefox and iMacros because unfortunately I have 2 sites that I visit which will not get through stupid Cloudflare with Firefox 55, and with Firefox 56. It just gets stuck on perpetual loading.
Usually you can try Waterfox classic or Basilisk browser as old legacy browsers with updates for Windows.
Legalien wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 1:56 am
Like we used to do with: imacros://run/?m=myscript.iim
And I also will add that I did try google and reading the forum for a solution, and I tried creating an .html file on my desktop and putting my entire script in it, and then making that file open on startup. But that just made it open the contents of the file on browser startup, it did not make it run the script.
Please tell me how to do it? Thanks
Both tries are only thinkable in the legacy imacros version. In most cases I gave up with the newest iMacros version except the script interface or very easy scripts. Legacy versions are okay but I think no longer in the future. You can try the script interface with iMacros or you can try ui.vision in this case (=script rewrite but you can use newest firefox or chrome with auto html start or html export).
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea:
Legalien

Post by Legalien » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:20 pm

@chivracq any ideas?
Legalien

Post by Legalien » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:12 pm

The only way I've found to do this is to expand the "Bookmarks Toolbar" in my browser, and then bookmark my iMacro script there.

Then when I run my browser (using a BAT file), next I run an AutoIT script which goes and clicks on the bookmark, and runs the iMacro script.

Still, I would love to remove AutoIT from the equation, and have the iMacro autoplay when I start my browser.

Any ideas anyone?
Legalien

Post by Legalien » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:54 pm

So I haven't figured out how to do this. I'm going to stop trying, and stick to using AutoIT for it.

If anyone knows how to run iMacro on browser startup, please share.

Thank you
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:09 pm

Legalien wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:54 pm
So I haven't figured out how to do this. I'm going to stop trying, and stick to using AutoIT for it.
Code example as your try with AutoIT thinkable? Usually enough ways are thinkable.
I think then we can better help you.
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea:
Legalien

Post by Legalien » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:21 am

thecoder2012 wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:09 pm
Legalien wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:54 pm
Code example as your try with AutoIT thinkable? Usually enough ways are thinkable.
I think then we can better help you.
Honestly, I'm not sure what you said.
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:32 pm

Legalien wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:21 am
Can you provide an example of the code you tried with AutoIT?
There are usually several ways to accomplish a task, and if we see your code, we may be able to offer more specific help.
Legalien

Post by Legalien » Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:44 pm

thecoder2012 wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:32 pm
Legalien wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:21 am
Can you provide an example of the code you tried with AutoIT?
There are usually several ways to accomplish a task, and if we see your code, we may be able to offer more specific help.
I'd love to, but it's the simplest script/setup ever.

Bat file starts Firefox. Firefox is maximized on the screen. The bookmark with the iMacro script is in the bookmarks toobar.

Bat file waits 10 seconds (to give Firefox the chance to start up and open fully)

Bat file runs an AutoIT script

All the AutoIT script does is it does a left-click on specfic coordinates on the screen. And these coordinates are exactly where the bookmark is located in the bookmarks toolbar.

Once AutoIT clicks, the iMacro script starts.

That's all :)

That said, it's kinda annoying. I loved the old setup where I turn on Firefox and the iMacro script starts on its own. This additional step with AutoIT is just a bit of a jerkoff. And like it's prone to messing up if Firefox starts minimized or if Firefox takes longer (than my 10 seconds) to load for whatever reason. That said, the thing works correctly almost always, and is my only solution, so I use it :)