How to alert the user?

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
BOptiz

How to alert the user?

Post by BOptiz » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:03 am

Hi all,

I just started using imacros. I am wondering how I can show some sort of notification to the user. I do not want message box.

From SI-Run-Test.js demo file I found that we can show using the code:

Code: Select all

iimDisplay ("Test script running");
But it doesn't work in .iim file. Please let me know how I can show the notification?

Thank you.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:58 am

Hi,

What kind of alerts or messages do you have in mind? Can you post some examples?
BOptiz

Post by BOptiz » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:09 am

If you run SI-Run-Test.js (firefox plugin sample) you will see a small window (green color) with Hide it button with Text "Test script running".

That's what I have in my mind.
BOptiz

Post by BOptiz » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:12 am

The code which displays the screen is

Code: Select all

iimDisplay ("Test script running");
If I add this code in a javascript file it works fine. It shows the green color window. But if I add this code in my macro current.iim file, it doesn't works.

I want to implement this in my macro.

Either there should be an option to add this code to my macro or is there any way to call a javascript from our macro?