Loop running at MACH speed!

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
madv

Loop running at MACH speed!

Post by madv » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:48 am

I keep setting up a macro to run through a few web pages.. The macro starts and runs normal for a few loops and then the counter just takes off and runs through to the end where my max is set. If it does not do that then I get the following message:

Error# 801 in line:3 , TAG not found

TYPE=A

ATTR=TXT:

I am running on a MAC with OSX Tiger w/ Skype disabled.

Any ideas as to what is happening.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:39 am

Hi,

At what point does the counter start to behave so strange? Is it always at the same loop count? And does it happen with every macro?
madv

Counter running at Mach speed

Post by madv » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:33 pm

I set it for 1000 loops. It will start anywhere from about 30 on up. The most loops I have been able to run is 237. Its always different where it starts and happens each time I run it on any macro I set up. I have tried to clear cache on each cycle as well as changing the speed. Always the same issue. I them have to restart Firefox to get it to wrk as if I try w/o doing that it goes one cycle and then stops.
addiktion

Post by addiktion » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:29 am

I've noticed this as well. Along with the counter skipping 2 seconds or more as it continues to run. I think it happens the most when the loop comes back around and it hasn't hit my wait seconds yet. Basically when its running through the "VERSION" info and what not if your doing something via the browser pretty fast before it hits the wait seconds.. Then once the wait seconds kicks on it starts counting down by 2's or more sometimes.