Temp Fix Inside:Error message stealing window focus.

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
addiktion

Post by addiktion » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:39 am

Very nice fix SiebenDX!

I'm using it now and no more error box :) It's definitely less annoying now.

For those XP users your location is going to look like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\RANDOMFOLDER.default\extensions\{81BF1D23-5F17-408D-AC6B-BD6DF7CAF670}\chrome

YOURUSERNAME= your login username
RANDOMFOLDER= randomly generated number and letters.

Also for less experienced users I'd recommend using an actual Javascript or coding editor for the simple fact that if you open this up in notepad all the code is garbled together like one big blob and it may be fairly hard to find what to delete. You can find some freebies online that won't bog down your storage space.

If you follow SiebenDX instructions and hit CTRL + F (Search window) in notepad and type in "error.xul" without the quotations then you'll find the line of code hes talking about.

Also if you know how to you can do this process without extracting all the files if your using a program that allows you to open the file while its in the .zip. I just simply opened the rec.js up in WinRAR by going to "View File" and searching for the error.xul and deleted the line of code. After that you just save the file and rename the file back to imacros.jar and your good to go!

P.S I'd also recommend backing up this file just in case you happen to delete more then you needed too.
wHEEzAH

Post by wHEEzAH » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:51 am

No error box... but it still steals the focus =(
GodLikeProductions
They do not want you to know it!