Kill the damn Sidebar

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox Add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Knuckles

Kill the damn Sidebar

Post by Knuckles » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:28 am

This extension is neat, but now the sidebar opens up every time I start firefox AND every time I run a macro. I don't want it to pop up at all, it's ugly and gets in the way. How do I stop it?
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:40 am

You can close the side-bar by clicking on the iMacros icon in the toolbar or simply press the F8 function key.

But... why do you think it is ugly? :wink:
Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:25 am

I know how to close it manually, but is there a way that I can stop it from popping up at all? I want to be able to have a macro in my bookmarks that just runs without opening the sidebar at all. If i'm just running the macro, there's no reason for all these edit and record options to clutter up my screen space. I don't actually think it's ugly, i was just lashing out. But it does kind of get in the way.
FatalError

Post by FatalError » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:43 pm

Would be nice to have a combo box or menu with your items in it but be able to pull up the sidebar when doing your edits/records.

It would also be cool if there was a way to add something at the end of a macro to close the sidebar.
phxjjm

Kill the side bar

Post by phxjjm » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:57 pm

What is the answer to killing the side bar pop up?
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:56 pm

Personally, my sidebar is open all day, so I love it and never thought that it might annoy anybody. But we heard you :)

Not opening the sidebar at all does not seem to be a good idea, because without sidebar there will be no "Stop" button in case you started the wrong macro.

Currently the concept for the "Hide Sidebar" feature is as follows: If the sidebar was closed before the macro runs (e. g. from a bookmark), it will close automatically after the macro is completed. And if the sidebar was open, it will stay open. If you have any other suggestions, please let us know.

Our release plan for the near future looks as follows:

1. Redesign JavaScript Interface (major improvement - currently in Beta)
2. Fix all other open bugs/issues
3. Start adding new features again. The "Hide Sidebar" feature is one of the first items on this list.
tampe125

Post by tampe125 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:57 pm

i know i'm getting a little OT, but i'd like to make a suggestion.
please can you add to your to-do-list the loadcheck issue? (if you haven't already done that).
just to clarify: when i use the GOTO command, i'd wish to switch to the next command, without any check on the server response.

thank you and sorry for the OT

(p.s. tell me if i have to explain more)
abartels

Post by abartels » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:37 pm

Tech Support wrote: Currently the concept for the "Hide Sidebar" feature is as follows: If the sidebar was closed before the macro runs (e. g. from a bookmark), it will close automatically after the macro is completed. And if the sidebar was open, it will stay open.
Does not..

I run macro with the ugly sidebar closed(fram bookmark), sidebar opens and stays open....

And I really don't like that!!!!!!!!!
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:17 pm

Does not..
Not yet, but in a few weeks (It is high on our todo list)
abartels

Post by abartels » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:48 pm

Tech Support wrote:
Does not..
Not yet, but in a few weeks (It is high on our todo list)
This is than different to what you stated previuosly.
ckhaydenh

Re: Kill the damn Sidebar

Post by ckhaydenh » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:50 am

Any new information on how to kill this sidebar after the macro? I too find it annoying and I notice that it has been a couple of weeks since you posted it would be done. Just wondering. Awesome program. Thanks
Hello 71

See this topic

Post by Hello 71 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:32 pm

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:56 am

So, I see we have a new version. Is this functionality in it?
infotech

Post by infotech » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:05 pm

I agree the sidebar is a real negative on this program. Why have all the real estate lost for things that are only there to choose from. There should be a new menu item at the top labeled 'Macros' that shows a drop down list just like 'Bookmarks' and you choose one and it runs. When you want to create or edit macros then you bring up the sidebar.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:22 am

Infotech, you can already add macros to the web browser bookmarks. Just right-click on the macro to select this option.

The "hide imacros side-bar" feature will be available with the next update in 1-2 weeks.