ROBOFORM => iMACROS CONVERTER?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
viking

ROBOFORM => iMACROS CONVERTER?

Post by viking » Sat May 24, 2008 1:03 am

I have a lot of RoboForm "PassCards". Is there some way of converting them to iMacros Scripts?

I think that it would be a very useful utility (and would increase the user base significantly)!
kooks

Re: ROBOFORM => iMACROS CONVERTER?

Post by kooks » Sat May 24, 2008 4:01 pm

I can't see any way of converting them automatically.
viking

Post by viking » Sat May 24, 2008 5:15 pm

kooks wrote:I can't see any way of converting them automatically.
Why not? The passcard has a URL,and two fields, eg. username and password. Should be straightforward to convert? Just not sure how to simply retrieve the "login" button from the passcard since it is not explicitly written out.

The info should all be in the passcard files (.rfp). However, it is a binary file...... Also need to deal with password encryption (protected by a master keyword like in iMacros).
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Tue May 27, 2008 10:11 pm

We do not have such a converter yet. On the first glance, it might be tricky as iMacros requires the ID or name of the form fields. I guess these values are not stored in the Roboform passcards. But if anybody wants to write such script, we can certainly help.
whitertlnav

Post by whitertlnav » Wed May 28, 2008 6:49 am

Actually, this is something that can be done.

The biggest obstacle with converting the .rfp files is encrypting the passwords for use with iMacros.

I have created an application that solves this very problem!

One of my main difficulties with iMacros is that there is no option to change an encrypted password without re-recording the entire macro. For people like me, who change their passwords frequently, this is a major headache. For developers that create and distribute iMacros for use by their clients, it's pretty much a deal-killer, or at best, a major security issue. Try presenting a solution to a client which requires that they give you a new password every 30 days, just so you can update their software.

The solution that I created takes your master password and the plain-text password, encrypts it, and returns the result. I have included some screenshots below to demonstrate the application.

This screenshot shows the basic functionality

I have also included the ability to mask the password fields

This screenshot shows a basic macro I recorded to show that it provides the same result as the application.
You can test this yourself by setting your master password to "123" and recording a login with a password of "123".

It's not quite ready for download because there are still some features that I would like to include. One such feature is the ability to insert your encrypted master password, instead of entering it each time.
viking

Post by viking » Wed May 28, 2008 6:59 am

Does your application do the conversion from Roboform, or only perform the encryption?
If it does, did you solve the Form name problem pointed out by tech support above?
whitertlnav

Post by whitertlnav » Wed May 28, 2008 8:44 am

No, the application itself doesn't do the conversion, but it's pretty easy to parse the files and pull out the necessary information.
viking

Post by viking » Wed May 28, 2008 8:54 am

whitertlnav wrote:No, the application itself doesn't do the conversion, but it's pretty easy to parse the files and pull out the necessary information.
Maybe you could add that step to your application? I would have no clue (I don't even know how to read the binary .rfp files)...:?

It would help a lot of people in switching from Roboform to iMacros if such a converter was available 8)
One of the reasons for me to switch is that some of my bank accounts have 2 login pages, and Roboform can not handle those..

BTW, do you have any comments to the tech support concern (Form name problem)?
whitertlnav

Post by whitertlnav » Thu May 29, 2008 3:02 am

The form name issue shouldn't be that big of an issue. If RoboForm is able to fill the forms based only upon the information in the rfp files, then it's definitely possible.
lerognon

Post by lerognon » Sat May 31, 2008 8:48 am

Do you plan to make this application and its code available?
whitertlnav

Post by whitertlnav » Sat May 31, 2008 7:38 pm

lerognon wrote:Do you plan to make this application and its code available?
I will make the application itself available at some point, but I probably will not release the source code.
lerognon

Post by lerognon » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:24 pm

This I can understand.

The ability to change the encrypted password inside an existing macro without re-recording the full macro is critical to me. Does somebody know if iMACROS will get this feature?

Regards
whitertlnav

Post by whitertlnav » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:10 pm

lerognon wrote:This I can understand.

The ability to change the encrypted password inside an existing macro without re-recording the full macro is critical to me. Does somebody know if iMACROS will get this feature?

Regards
This is the very reason I created the application.
viking

Post by viking » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:50 pm

whitertlnav wrote: This is the very reason I created the application.
...and please don't forget the extension of this: Roboform => iMacros converter :P
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:18 pm

You can already change the password without re-recording the complete macro. It is sufficient to re-record the TAG command with the encrypted password. You will get something like
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:PASSWORD FORM=NAME:Test ATTR=NAME:Pwd CONTENT=B8479044...90B

You can then simply copy and the paste the B8479044...90B string into your old macro. No further changes are required to it.